Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,802,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
what's your problem Oz & ELO? You ask for something, Haaziq gives you an answer & you're still unhappy.
He has now spelled it out more clearly,he dislikes rightwing commentators....which is unsurprising considering he is a leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:14 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,802,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post

That's why my news source is Reuters and the AP News Wires.
LOL....You think AP and Reuters are not biased?

Next thing you know you will consider the BBC an unbiased news source.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Wow, that's insane. How can they make a controversy about bringing people of all different belief and non-belief systems together?

But again, anything that mentions Atheismis automatically offensive to the religious fanatics that make up at least 30% of this country.
The funniest things about this video are:

1. The notion that acknowledging nonbelievers is offensive to somebody.
2. The claim that if you're not a believer, you're a self-aborbed narcissist and you only "believe in yourself" (whatever the hell that means).

Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,774,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Do you know the difference between news and commentary? O'Rilley, Hannity, and Beck are NOT news reporters, they are commentators. O'Rilley's "talking points" are not news reporting, he is clearly giving HIS opinion on current events.
I would take it a step further. They are not news reporters....they are entertainers. Their intent is to stir up their audience and get them to raise up their pitchforks as one. They do it well. The only thing that is scary is some people do misinterpret their roles and consider them to be "real" news reporters.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,326,474 times
I have a problem with the way that Fox AND MANY OTHER NETWORKS (CNN and MSNBC and others) overly opinion-ize and emotionalize the news. It's always "analysis (opinion)" and other forms of opinion.

I don't care that much for "Well, I think..." I don't care what you think. I like when news at least TRIES to be just news. Straight reporting.

What bothers me is that Fox News offers unfettered opinion that even bleeds into their regular news reporting, and they really paved the way for this silly infotainment "news" that you can now find on EVERY 24-hr network.

I can hardly even watch cable news anymore.

It also gets me that Fox repeats "Fair and Balanced" over and over and over, and people parrot it back. Their punditry isn't even remotely balanced, and, more importantly to me, they seem to go out of their way to inject opinion at every turn.

That's my beef with Fox News. It's my beef with the whole cable news industry, but I especially am bothered by Fox because they were the first to really push this disturbing trend in "news", and (of course!) because I disagree with a lot of what they say. Of COURSE that's part of it. However, I agree with a lot of the stuff I hear on, say, MSNBC, but can't watch them either. It's so "me-too". "You've got an overly opinionated infotainment 'news' network? We do too!" Silly.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:17 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,567,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
what's your problem Oz & ELO? You ask for something, Haaziq gives you an answer & you're still unhappy.
As I recall, the OP asked for proof that fox "lies". And that poster did not provide that proof. (I dont know how someones opinion could be a lie)

Old 03-31-2009, 01:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,720,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
As I recall, the OP asked for proof that fox "lies". And that poster did not provide that proof. (I dont know how someones opinion could be a lie)
What did you think of my post?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,495,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
He has now spelled it out more clearly,he dislikes rightwing commentators....which is unsurprising considering he is a leftist.
Well, if I may...

I'm not a leftist, but I dislike those commentators as well. I don't dislike them for their political ideology. I dislike them because of their personalities and tactics. They could take some lessons from Lou Dobbs (certainly no lefty), who has no problem stating his opinions strongly while remaining professional and a perfect gentleman to his guests.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I dislike a few on the left as well. This thread is really pointless. The question has an obvious answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan
What bothers me is that Fox News offers unfettered opinion that even bleeds into their regular news reporting, and they really paved the way for this silly infotainment "news" that you can now find on EVERY 24-hr network.

It also gets me that Fox repeats "Fair and Balanced" over and over and over, and people parrot it back. Their punditry isn't even remotely balanced, and, more importantly to me, they seem to go out of their way to inject opinion at every turn.
Dead on.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:20 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,520,473 times
IMHO, they hate FOX because they give a differently biased view than the one the left wants out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies