Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,771,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
Okay, now we are getting off topic, lol. We have to get back to government interference and smoking.
Aw, but the thread was becoming so nice and civil. Either way, though, this horrible smoker is having great fun reading the different opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Who would have thought? If you want a really pedestrian-friendly area, may I suggest Portland, Oregon? Apparently, that city is the best in terms of pedestrian/mass transit. I'd like to go visit one of these days.
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I should visit my nephew who lives out that way and see for myself how Portland compares. Unfortunately, my life and career is in So Cal so moving there would not be realistic at this time. *sigh*

Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
You apparently don't know very many. As I recall, you don't want to be around them. They smoke to get rid of their tension. Why don't you sit around them while they smoke. You just might notice a difference.
*cough* *cough* I think I'll pass ...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I don't care what you want to believe. There is no proof whatsoever that anyone has ever gotten asthma from someone's smoking.
My doctor says other wise. I believe him. I certainly think he is better informed in actual science and medical information then you are. In fact that is one of the reasons I smoke outside instead of inside where I would be subjecting my family to my smoke.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Smoking can harm others via secondhand smoke. Obesity doesn't (I've never seen secondhand fat).
I presume you wear clothing. Then you too are a victim of second hand fat. The people who wear medium and large are subsidized by those who wear small. They consume more resources and make your clothing cost more. Same with furniture, airline seats, bath towels, ... the list goes on and on.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
I presume you wear clothing. Then you too are a victim of second hand fat. The people who wear medium and large are subsidized by those who wear small. They consume more resources and make your clothing cost more. Same with furniture, airline seats, bath towels, ... the list goes on and on.
Now you are really stretching here.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,531,662 times
Quote:
Now you are really stretching here.
Was this a pun about fat people in small clothing?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
I have no opinion about that, as such, but I find it ridiculous that so many smokers are flying off at the smoke shops for charging so much, as if it's their fault for the tax increase. I know someone who works at one and he's been being cussed out everyday since the increase. WTH! When will Americans learn how to take out their frustrations constructively and on the culprits instead of others?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I have no opinion about that, as such, but I find it ridiculous that so many smokers are flying off at the smoke shops for charging so much, as if it's their fault for the tax increase. I know someone who works at one and he's been being cussed out everyday since the increase. WTH!
The cost has increased, this is true. And it sucks. However, I've minimized my bitching about it. Although, it WOULD be interesting to hear what would happen if a pack of Miller Lite were to increase at the same percentage. And what about the price of gasoline? Lots of bitching going on at that time when it was super high.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Smoking is relaxing for many smokers, a stress reliever.

Relaxation has a purpose. Just because it serves no purpose for you does not mean there is no purpose for them.
Smoking is a physical addiction. A smoker's body is addicted to nicotine, so when it gets the nicotine, it relaxes. Then the cycle starts all over again. That's it in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies