Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,862,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
LMAO - Your Budget will not and has not worked for the last 8 years! It goes with your only ignorant ideologies going back 28 years that has not worked, proof is in the pudin. You lost in November, people voted for change, and that's what I understand along Obama and others...
see what i mean? you automatically presumed i am a staunch republican. could i possibly have been more clear, seriously, that BOTH parties are filled with dimwits pushing their own agenda to no end and working against each other and as long as that happens WE ALL lose.

i'm neither republican nor democrat, they are all idiots as far as i am concerned as well as those who support either side with tunnel vision. thank you very little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,964,207 times
Quote:
Wishful thinking. We Dems will get what we want and there has been talk of using the "Nuclear Option"...
Actually, you'll only get what the Chinese will allow you to have and not a penny more, and it doesn't look like it's going to be much more. Enjoy what's left!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,011,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So you're OK with him spending as much in one year as all the presidents did in the last 50 years combined? Just want to make sure we're clear on that.

If I bothered to search, would I find you complaining in these forums about how much Bush was spending, or were you OK with his spending, too?

Nope...I was baffled that the party of the Balanced Budget Amendment suddenly lost all interest in it after Bush. Obama added the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in his budget, unlike Bush. And that's how many trillion a month? If you bothered to look, you'd see that I only became a member in 2009...so no, you wouldn't find any posts from me complaining about the Bush Spend-a-Thon.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,730,900 times
Quote:
Just when you think the fools who created this mess over the past 8 years should thank and help the new guy in charge, they come right back with the same-old same-old screaming at the clouds that their policy for the country will work. Does BOehNER and McConnell et al. have two brain cells that rub together?
Both parties do the same thing, get a grip.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,206,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Actually, you'll only get what the Chinese will allow you to have and not a penny more, and it doesn't look like it's going to be much more. Enjoy what's left!
Yes you might be right after Bush tapped out the Chinese Credit Card...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
see what i mean? you automatically presumed i am a staunch republican. could i possibly have been more clear, seriously, that BOTH parties are filled with dimwits pushing their own agenda to no end and working against each other and as long as that happens WE ALL lose.

i'm neither republican nor democrat, they are all idiots as far as i am concerned as well as those who support either side with tunnel vision. thank you very little.
Oh your one of those who collects a lot of splinters eh?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,964,207 times
Quote:
For once I agree.

Doesn't change the fact that Obama will be denied his utopian spending plans not by Republicans, but by our "friends" in the East.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
For once I agree.

Doesn't change the fact that Obama will be denied his utopian spending plans not by Republicans, but by our "friends" in the East.
Denied, don't think so but a nice pipe dream I suppose...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,029,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Don't go blaming Dukester and shooting the messenger! Start writing to GOP representatives and the RNC; tell them to stop the partisan obstructionism.
Is it the fact that news travels so fast these days that ancient concepts suddenly become 'partisan obstructionism'? Why is it that political ploys dating back more than 2000 years are some how brand new, run of the mill tactics?

The Democrats could easily get anything they want to done at this point, if they were all behind it 100%. However, they are not, with some even falling in behind Republicans, therefore it is politics as usual + internet sensationalism.

Obstructionism is not a bad thing. The idea behind a fully functioning democracy is that we do not agree 100%, else something is wrong. Bad things happen when no one is there to obstruct, often in the form of runaway governments or radicals seizing power. Alternatively, I suppose the Democrats could begin a second Kristallnacht, in order to remove the insubordinate Republicans.

Quote:
It 'twas Obama (through Clinton) who begged the Chinese to fund our stimulus package, and the $500+ billion in spending that followed. They will also fund the upcoming second stimulus bill, and probably the next auto bailouts.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Is it the fact that news travels so fast these days that ancient concepts suddenly become 'partisan obstructionism'? Why is it that political ploys dating back more than 2000 years are some how brand new, run of the mill tactics?

The Democrats could easily get anything they want to done at this point, if they were all behind it 100%. However, they are not, with some even falling in behind Republicans, therefore it is politics as usual + internet sensationalism.

Obstructionism is not a bad thing. The idea behind a fully functioning democracy is that we do not agree 100%, else something is wrong. Bad things happen when no one is there to obstruct, often in the form of runaway governments or radicals seizing power. Alternatively, I suppose the Democrats could begin a second Kristallnacht, in order to remove the insubordinate Republicans.

It 'twas Obama (through Clinton) who begged the Chinese to fund our stimulus package, and the $500+ billion in spending that followed. They will also fund the upcoming second stimulus bill, and probably the next auto bailouts.
I was referring to the Chinese funding the Iraq War via Bush and his Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies