Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I saw a made for TV movie--'The Queen', featuring the ever popular drama of the death of Princess Diana. I have heard more than I never needed/wanted to know about the Royal Family from the media. I have exchanged posts with 'ordinary citizens' and learned that they live their lives, cope with their system of government and societal issues. I've gotten several good recipes from posters in the UK.

At least MO's clothing hasn't been mentioned. Yippeee!
Oh, her clothes have been mentioned...she's now called the Fashion Belle...fourteen pictures of her ran in the Daily Mirror. The Evening Standard .." a razzle dazzle performance from the Mighty Michelle" !

"Michelle Obamna Fever has hit Britain and the Queen, who repubs here worship(since she's really really rich, I guess), told Michelle, "Now we've met, will you please keep in touch?"

The Queen adores her so all you repubs fall in line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 05:10 PM

76 posts, read 162,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, her clothes have been mentioned...she's now called the Fashion Belle...fourteen pictures of her ran in the Daily Mirror. The Evening Standard .." a razzle dazzle performance from the Mighty Michelle" !

"Michelle Obamna Fever has hit Britain and the Queen, who repubs here worship(since she's really really rich, I guess), told Michelle, "Now we've met, will you please keep in touch?"

The Queen adores her so all you repubs fall in line

You wish,
Repub or Dem or neither, it usually takes a day or so for what seems plausible as truth to finally filter in. Amazing how Press & Media use such reporting tactics to arouse a myriad of reactions from many. Gotta Love Freedom of the Press.

What does MO's clothes have to do with anything anyway. Actually,
I must admit, her appearance has improved since the gold dress fashion felony on the day BO was sworn in. Honestely, I have noticed she has attired herself a bit better. Sure topic was protocol, then manners, then tangential spins here & there, & here we are again.

I'm Glad The Globe & Mirror & the rest of the fairly un-balanced
reporting media clarified the touch thing.

Good On HRM & Good on MO! I'm Glad this was cleared up
in the end, & I'm Glad that MO is well recieved,
by HRM, & those in the UK who admire her.

As much as I don't hold the Obama's in very high favor, Perhaps this
gentle exchange, a simple gesture of human kindness paves the way
for a continued & better relationship between our Great Nations.

If I were invited befor the HRM, while not a subject of the Crown,
I would bestow to her the appropriate respect & grattitude of meeting with her whil maintaining a strict respect for decorum. I guess I'm still a bit old school, but I also am a proud American Repub or not.

All said & done,
God Bless the USA
God Bless Our President & First Lady
God Save The Queen & The UK
God Bless HRM's SAS, RAF, Royal Vay & Marines
Royal Scots Guards, 42nd Blackwatch,
Scots Borders, The Seaforths,
Camerons, & Sutherland Highlanders Regiments.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted_Son View Post
You wish,
Repub or Dem or neither, it usually takes a day or so for what seems plausible as truth to finally filter in. Amazing how Press & Media use such reporting tactics to arouse a myriad of reactions from many. Gotta Love Freedom of the Press.

I must admit, her appearance has improved since the gold dress fashion felony on the day BO was sworn in. Honestely, I have noticed she has attired herself a bit better. Sure topic was protocol, then manners, then tangential spins here & there, & here we are again.

I would bestow to her the appropriate respect & grattitude of meeting with her whil maintaining a strict respect for decorum. I guess I'm still a bit old school, but I also am a proud American Repub or not.

All said & done,
God Bless the USA
Oh , you military guys just know SO much about fashion!!!

""I'm Glad The Globe & Mirror & the rest of the fairly un-balanced
reporting media clarified the touch thing. ""

And also officials in Windsor castle who really do know more than you.

Are you sure you're American ?...you do have some worship issues with Britain and Scotland.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted_Son View Post
You wish,

All said & done,
God Bless the USA
I actually liked Michelle's outfit on his swearing-in, even liked her green gloves. What I did NOT fall all over in love with was her dress she wore when he won the presidency. It wasn't horrendous, however it could've been better. See there republicans? There are some of us that actually CAN find fault, regardless of what you may seem. We just don't find it at every inch & corner like you seem to like to do.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
What I get a huge kick out of is those who go on and on about Michelles lack of class and then write message after message full of rude, crude, and utterly classless remarks. Would that people had the gift to see themselves as others see them (to quote Burns.)

Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Found this humorous
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_182737.html

Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM

76 posts, read 162,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh , you military guys just know SO much about fashion!!!

""I'm Glad The Globe & Mirror & the rest of the fairly un-balanced
reporting media clarified the touch thing. ""

And also officials in Windsor castle who really do know more than you.

Are you sure you're American ?...you do have some worship issues with Britain and Scotland.

Yeah, Gotta problem with Military Types? You have every right to belittle & insult the very Protectors that defends your bacon & your freedom.

Are you one of those Code Pink elitests? You seem to come across
like one.

Fashion, somthing wasn't of much concern when I was in uniform. It siplified things. Style on the other hand, I have & you lack.

What a lame Question:
"Are you sure you're American ?...you do have some worship issues with Britain and Scotland.[/quote]"

Yes I do have a cultural interest in the UK & am learning about some of the clan history & enjoy being a member of an organization that promotes preservation of the same. As a matter of fact my name has been traced back to Aryshire, Angus & Moray, So what if I like the UK & Canada? They are our Friends & Allies.

You have a Marvelous Day
And Remember;

Peace through Superior Firepower.

KS_Doc Out.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_poster View Post
Didn't anyone at the White House tell Michelle Obama that you are not suppose to touch the Queen of England unless it is a formal handshake? She had the nerve to put her arm around her. What do you make of this?
This is so stupid. She's not our Queen. We don't have a Queen. Michelle (or anyone) could give her a chest bump for all I care.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
You curtsy the first time you meet though some would argue only her subjects should curtsy !
Regardless, this photo was taken after they had already met, after dinner! You don't keep curtsying constantly.
And what does a lawyer have to do culture lessons or curtsying? Non-sequitur.
I'm American. I don't curtsey to ANYONE. Or bow, for that matter.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
This is so stupid. She's not our Queen. We don't have a Queen. Michelle (or anyone) could give her a chest bump for all I care.
Thank you for a hilarious mental image and possible SNL skit!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies