Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
OK, we all know the great, hysterical Palin skits that Saturday Night Live performed. When Clinton was President they had some really funny Clinton skits and of course they had some funny Bush skits.

Now it is time to see some of Obama and Co.

What are some of your suggestions????

Anything to do with the teleprompter would be obvious choices.

Anything to do with Michelles awkward appearance would also be easy (Michelle as an NFL Linebacker, Michelle plays the HULK, etc, etc).

Just a thread for some humor.

Ideas for SNL.
I think the Wizard of OZ with Obama behind the curtain would be fantastic. He could be talking about saving jobs while unemployment figures continue to skyrocket, cutting the deficit while creating the largest debt ever. There is just so much material to be had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think he might be beyond the point of making light of what he has been doing, but I'll try:

Show a scene of 0bama in Jan declaring "We will ban all earmarks" and cut to him signing the omnibus bill:

0bama: Any earmarks in this bill?
Peolsi: Just 9,000 earmarks.
0bama: That's more then 'none' isn't it, uhhhh, what about my promise??
Pelosi: We decided to rename all future earmarks to "Oversight contingency Programs"

0bama: Errrr, ummmaah, who are those men over there in orange jumpsuits?
Holder:Those are jihadists being send to Egypt under a rendition agreement.
0bama: That's more then 'none' isn't it, uhhhh, what about my promise??
holder: We call the "Overseas Contingency Tmeshare Programs", so your golden.

0bama: Hmmmm, the CBO is projecting nine trillion dollars in debt that my budget will create by 2019, is that a lot of money Tim?
Geither: Well, its mostly zeros Mr. President.

Keeping in mind the executive orders 0bama has signed that he immediately violates, we could make a skit with him signing an EO to ban lobbyists, and then show all the lobbyists surrounding him.

Skits showing 0bama eating $100 a pound beef dinners at White house functions, having his thermostat at 78 degrees, jetting all over the country to bask in the spotlights of Hollywood, and then speeches were he tells how we must sacrifice, live in our means, end unnecessary traveling, and turn our thermostats down.

Then there are skits showing the cheap junk he gives as gifts, after receiving prices heirlooms.

Skits of him reading teleprompter speeches and then contradicting them in the Q&A.

A running skit where the teleprompter has taken control of the government (which might explain why nothing 0bama does makes sense), eg... early Skynet and the Terminator taking over, but with common electronic devices, notebook computers, TVs, watches, cars (Knight rider) etc... . And the teleprompter it refered to as TOTOUS.
A friend pointed me to this one.

The Dept Of Defense briefed the president this morning. They

told President Obama that 2 Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's surprise, all the color drained from Obama's face.

Then he collapsed onto his desk, head in his hands, visibly shaken,

almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked,

'Just how many is a brazilian?'

This is not surprising, since he obviously has no

understanding of billion or trillion either.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Show Obama/Biden in the campaign stages. "We will go through this budget line by line...."

Cut to 2 months later....Biden's daughter lifts her head from the desk in the oval office. White powder all over her face (similar to the end of Scarface).

Why use this as a cheap shot on hid daughter? Is it her fault Biden in the VP, and you don't like him?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why use this as a cheap shot on hid daughter? Is it her fault Biden in the VP, and you don't like him?

Its a suggested skit for a comedy show. They have been taking cheap shots at politicians for years now (mainly republicans lately, for good reason). I highly doubt (although I could be very wrong) that you take this same stance against every post from a liberal along the same lines?

And its not a cheap shot. It was something she had control over.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
They could show Angela Merkel giving Obama a handshake and a big smile knowing that he's not going to physically assault her.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:28 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
LMAO!!! You guys are a creative bunch. Some great ones!!!!!!

The one about the teleprompter taking over reminds me of I-Robot. They could do it along that line.

SNL better get on it. They are missing golden opportunities.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
OK, we all know the great, hysterical Palin skits that Saturday Night Live performed. When Clinton was President they had some really funny Clinton skits and of course they had some funny Bush skits.

Now it is time to see some of Obama and Co.

What are some of your suggestions????

Anything to do with Michelles awkward appearance would also be easy (Michelle as an NFL Linebacker, Michelle plays the HULK, etc, etc).

Just a thread for some humor.

Ideas for SNL.
Once Silly Sarah decides to toss her hat in the race than Tina Fey will make her appearance on those priceless skits on SNL mocking Palin. Cannot wait. SNL already did a skit on the Republican Congress, you know the Party of No. That had actors portraying Boehner and McConnell it was kind of funny.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,195 times
Default Boniva Skit

Alright so if you haven't seen the commercial for Boniva. The mother of the children in Ms. Doubtfire is talking about bone loss due to osteoporosis. She talks about being a grandmother and begins playing TWISTER with her what seems to be grand daughter.

I am suggesting that you run a similar commercial. However, have her break bones as she is playing twister, her wrist, ankle, and what ever body part would work. Have her keep insisting that the Boniva is effective and have her try and adjust her limbs to look normal. I know I would die laughing and everyone I suggested it to thought it was pretty funny. If you know where else you can post where it might air, DO it. I just want to see the skit.

Thanks, Alex G

Old 04-03-2009, 04:31 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxg207 View Post
The mother of the children in Ms. Doubtfire is talking about bone loss due to osteoporosis.
Thanks, Alex G
Sally Field...

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,369 times
Quote:
I think they'd be better off doing a skit about the triviots' fascination with the teleprompter. After all, there's nothing at all unusual about President Obama's use of them. The only thing funny is that wingnuts are just discovering that teleprompters exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies