Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:59 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
I have no problem with interracial relationships, but people who are fixated on dating members of a particular race are totally creepy. I would never want to be someone's fetish.

I agree. Equally disturbing are those who insist on dating members of a certain income group. Or a certain bust size. Really upsets me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 10:08 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I am so happy I wasn't born in the South. I am so happy I was born and live in California, since its pretty liberal for interracial relationships. If you look at my earlier threads, you'll see that I'm all for it. I'm black who finds girls outside my face more attractive, mostly white (the ones who are into black guys).
Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. And even though I find beauty in women from all races. my only conundrum is that my prime attractions (Asian women and girls w/ Southern Accents) have historically (or currently) have been trained by their families and communities to hate blacks as a race and don't take them as individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
I have no problem with interracial relationships, but people who are fixated on dating members of a particular race are totally creepy. I would never want to be someone's fetish.
Some of us, usually male minorities, have rather consistently distressing experiences within dating females in our race that makes us eventually forced to date outside our race. These are particularly Asian males who face excessive competiton from whites males who have fetishes w/ Asian women, and intelligent and modest black men who are excessively ignored by many black girls for the gangsters and thugs. Then there are minorities who were raised in predominantly (progressive) white or multicultural areas where the community and culture of their upbringing is what they're most accustomed to.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Yeah, out here in CA its not as big of a deal, but I remember being in a bar in Louisiana full of White people when a black guy walked in with a white girl on each arm. They did a 180 and walked right back out. When they walked in, I could see a lot of whispering and giggling going on among the crowd.
Could it be the fact that he walked in with a girl on each arm? I'd be whispering also, regardless what race they were..

Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Some of us, usually male minorities, have rather consistently distressing experiences within dating females in our race that makes us eventually forced to date outside our race. These are particularly Asian males who face excessive competiton from whites males who have fetishes w/ Asian women, and intelligent and modest black men who are excessively ignored by many black girls for the gangsters and thugs. Then there are minorities who were raised in predominantly (progressive) white or multicultural areas where the community and culture of their upbringing is what they're most accustomed to.
Well hey you guys (black men) are certainly no picnic in the park either but I would never say I was forced to date outside my race because of my distressing experiences with you. I date whatever race I want and I don't need to scapegoat black men to do it. And there are plenty of a-holes among the intelligent and modest non-thugs too. You just display your a-hole qualities in a different way than that of a thug or gangster

Old 07-05-2008, 02:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian

Umm.... so when a white guy likes Asian women, it's a fetish, and when a black guy does, it's as a refugee?

Old 07-05-2008, 02:46 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Well hey you guys (black men) are certainly no picnic in the park either but I would never say I was forced to date outside my race because of my distressing experiences with you. I date whatever race I want and I don't need to scapegoat black men to do it. And there are plenty of a-holes among the intelligent and modest non-thugs too. You just display your a-hole qualities in a different way than that of a thug or gangster

Co-sign!

Old 07-05-2008, 04:05 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Umm.... so when a white guy likes Asian women, it's a fetish, and when a black guy does, it's as a refugee?
We all do respect, but don't give me that. Many of society sees it other way around, so don't act like society embraces or is even neutral to minority (especially black) men to date white women, or in that case, women from any other minority group.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:54 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
We all do respect, but don't give me that. Many of society sees it other way around, so don't act like society embraces or is even neutral to minority (especially black) men to date white women, or in that case, women from any other minority group.

I'm trying to figure you out.

In one post you denigrated white male/Asian women relationships as a "fetish" relationship, while trying to evoke sympathy for the fact that black men are pushed to non-black women by black women.... which is a cop out. If you prefer one type over the other, just say so. Don't try to assuage your own guilt or whatever by blaming it on black women. Own it.

And, last I checked, it's BLACK FEMALES that seem to have the most problems these days with black male/white women combos, and Lord knows the things I've read and heard regarding black women being chastised for dating outside of their race!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:28 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,638 times
42 years married to the same woman from another race, another culture and another country. Still very in love after all this time. A very tight family unit. Great kids who we can be very proud of. We have had little arguments and disagreements but never what you would call a fight.

If you are in a relationship like I am one, just one little note of advice, to have a really successful relationship the man, although not a total necessity, should really know and understand his wife's culture and language more than she might know his. not a prerequisite but a big big help.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm trying to figure you out.

In one post you denigrated white male/Asian women relationships as a "fetish" relationship, while trying to evoke sympathy for the fact that black men are pushed to non-black women by black women.... which is a cop out. If you prefer one type over the other, just say so. Don't try to assuage your own guilt or whatever by blaming it on black women. Own it.

And, last I checked, it's BLACK FEMALES that seem to have the most problems these days with black male/white women combos, and Lord knows the things I've read and heard regarding black women being chastised for dating outside of their race!
That’s precisely what irritates me. I don’t give a flying fig if a black man has a preference for white women. However, many seem to feel compelled to justify their preference by demonizing black women. Black women are too this, or not enough of that….BS. It’s sickening.

I was married to a white man from Argentina for almost 20 years; but I never once entertained the thought of denigrating black men. I didn’t marry a white man because black men are no good. I married a white man because I fell in love with him. It wasn’t planned, it just happened.

If you are a black man with a preference for white women, so be it. You can love white without hating black. After all, a black woman was good enough to be your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies