Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:12 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

my favorite supreme court justice is black with a white wife !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
"In his dissent in the Texas sodomy case, Thomas wrote, "just like Justice Stewart, I 'can find [neither in the Bill of Rights nor any other part of the Constitution a] general right of privacy,' or as the Court terms it today, the 'liberty of the person both in its spatial and more transcendent dimensions.'"

Echoing Thomas' so-called conservative perspective, Rush Limbaugh said on his radio program on June 27, 2003, "There is no right to privacy specifically enumerated in the Constitution." Jerry Falwell similarly agreed on Fox News.

Limbaugh and Thomas may soon also point out to us that the Constitution doesn't specifically grant a right to marry, and thus license that function exclusively to, say, Falwell. The Constitution doesn't grant a right to eat, or to read, or to have children. Yet do we doubt these are rights we hold?

The simple reality is that there are many "rights" that are not specified in the Constitution, but which we daily enjoy and cannot be taken away from us by the government. But if that's the case, Bush and Thomas would say, why doesn't the Constitution list those rights in the Bill of Rights?

The reason is simple: the Constitution wasn't written as a vehicle to grant us rights. We don't derive our rights from the constitution.

Rather, in the minds of the Founders, human rights are inalienable - inseparable - from humans themselves. We are born with rights by simple fact of existence, as defined by John Locke and written by Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident," the Founders wrote. Humans are "endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights...." These rights are clear and obvious, the Founders repeatedly said. They belong to us from birth, as opposed to something the Constitution must hand to us, and are more ancient than any government. "

Silas, Thomas, and Limbaugh, why am I not surprised?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:12 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,905,090 times
my favorite supreme court justice is married interracially as well, brilliant, i love it!!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:25 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
my favorite supreme court justice is married interracially as well, brilliant, i love it!!
You mean the moron who famously opposes a law he benefited from. I'm sure you do love it!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 PM

yes i do love it, and thank goodness he opposes that awful law. But prettyhate, this is not a personal attack thread so if you dont like Interracial marriage or people who do or others who do, why come here to attack others posts? I think there is a disclaimer that we are not to make personal attacks.

please refrain, thanks

Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 PM

shall i speak to the administrator for you? or can we have a civil discussion?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:59 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
I don't see a personal attack, I see a gentle prodding on your hypocrisy.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
yes i do love it, and thank goodness he opposes that awful law. But prettyhate, this is not a personal attack thread so if you dont like Interracial marriage or people who do or others who do, why come here to attack others posts? I think there is a disclaimer that we are not to make personal attacks.

please refrain, thanks
How was I personally attacking you? Unless you're Clarence Thomas the moron label doesn't apply to you. Reread my post, carolinajack.

I don't like Interracial marriage? Read the OP. I started it!!

And by all means do tell the administrator. Knock yourself out.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:13 PM

sir yes read the thread and the post. if you are talking about clarence thomas then that would be ok, but you were directing the post personally

Old 03-31-2007, 03:17 PM

69 posts, read 448,567 times
White Man/Latina Women

I sure hope theres no controversy there in this country cause I'm a White man that LOVES Latina women and I plan to get married to one and start a family with her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies