Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
hl, the vocal violence calling posters on this board are seriously pushing me towards wanting greater gun control.

I've really held no opinion one way or another, though I don't see the need for people to own assault weapons. And I've never been very vocal about that.

People on CD scare me enough that I'm starting to think about gun control in a serious way.
chielgirl I do understand what you're saying but you cannot allow yourself to believe that a fringe maniac represents any responsible gun owner. People who use civil lawsuits to 'win the lottery' are NOT representing liberals, are they? Greenies are not represented by people booby trapping a forrest with weapons meant to maim human beings. It's a lie used to trick people into believing their enemy is someone else. If I wanted blacks to believe jews were out to get them I could burn their house down and leave a star of david nailed to their front door--- it's a trick.

The same way right wingers have been tricked to hate left wing. We all get robbed while you 2 are arguing. See?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 07:26 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Hard as it is for you to believe, YOU are the greatest threat to the 2nd amendment and the 1st amendment because your attitude of abusing your fellow countrymen verbally will in the future lead to your physical abuse of them.

Have you just threatened chiel with violence? Is she your target practice, or are sheeple?
I threatened no one with violence at this moment. I said repeatedly we're not there (yet). Those who support a NWO and total centralized planning of government with grave restrictions on rights will likely be neutralized. Either in an urban battlefield or in some kangaroo court where they'll be summarily executed.

So, hypothetically, whoever was 110% in support of a government as stated above and worse yet aided said government in achieving these goals, I believe their time will come.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Far more hate emanates from the Left. Open your eyes. I make no excuses for my political affiliations because they represent what's best for the nation. Not the insanity of the gun-grabbing "progressives" who wouldn't know a fact if it hit them in the head.

These crackpots make it their mission in life to personally smear anyone who doesn't buy into Obama's BS.

Center for American Progress

The new left-wing conspiracy - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
1. You are oblivious to the knowlege of who drew first blood. That came from neo cons. Neo cons wearing the cloak of republicans. That red cloak is a flag for a bull and you standing behind that flag means you will now be targeted. Right wing failing to call their own people on BS is the downfall of the GOP. Attonement is not optional.

2. Whenever these organizations fail to tell the truth, it is your job to point it out in our system of checks and balances. Spinning more lies when someone catches you in a lie is the downfall of the GOP.

3. Why have you made it your lifes mission to attack your POTUS and hate half of your countrymen??? Then claim yourself 'victim'???

Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I threatened no one with violence at this moment. I said repeatedly we're not there (yet). Those who support a NWO and total centralized planning of government with grave restrictions on rights will likely be neutralized. Either in an urban battlefield or in some kangaroo court where they'll be summarily executed.

So, hypothetically, whoever was 110% in support of a government as stated above and worse yet aided said government in achieving these goals, I believe their time will come.
What you've just said in bold... those who support an idea will likely be neutralized. That defies the constitution and the rights of most americans to elect officials and to self determine. You have much to fear in the mirror, sir. You continue to be the greatest threat to your own 1st and 2nd amendment rights because you are not using proper channels within the framework of our constitution to effect the change you mean to see.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times
Quote:
1. You are oblivious to the knowlege of who drew first blood. That came from neo cons. Neo cons wearing the cloak of republicans. That red cloak is a flag for a bull and you standing behind that flag means you will now be targeted. Right wing failing to call their own people on BS is the downfall of the GOP. Attonement is not optional.

2. Whenever these organizations fail to tell the truth, it is your job to point it out in our system of checks and balances. Spinning more lies when someone catches you in a lie is the downfall of the GOP.

3. Why have you made it your lifes mission to attack your POTUS and hate half of your countrymen??? Then claim yourself 'victim'???
That naive piece of dung sure as heck doesn't represent me. Obama still hasn't gotten out of campaign mode and he will be a one-termer due to his insanely radical agenda. Tbh, I absolutely, positively, despise Obama and I won't deny it. The "progressive" worldview is analogous to mental illness.

Oops, and let's not forget that he wants to unilaterally disarm even as the Chinese and Russians dramatically increase their military expenditures. Not only would he disarm the American citizenry, he plans on gutting the military. Obama is despicable.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/65512.html

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/pentagon_budget/2009/03/31/197952.html (broken link)

Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 PM

classic satch, and whomever hides behind my flag instead of in front of it to defend what it really stands for is the king of cowards. I hope you continue to promote solutions that remain within the framework of our constitution and let the ideas of merit sell themselves without resorting to lies. I will defend any truth when I see it no matter who the author is.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times
Quote:
classic satch, and whomever hides behind my flag instead of in front of it to defend what it really stands for is the king of cowards. I hope you continue to promote solutions that remain within the framework of our constitution and let the ideas of merit sell themselves without resorting to lies. I will defend any truth when I see it no matter who the author is.
Time will tell. When our gun rights are whittled away, the dollar is completely devalued, and taxes goes through the roof, I'll be vindicated. However, that is the absolute LAST way that I would want such confirmation.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
When people start using cars to commit mass murder, post a link about it..I'd love to read it.
Remember Timothy McVeigh?

One rental truck full of ammonia fertilizer and kerosene.

Pop goes the Murrah Building.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Time will tell. When our gun rights are whittled away, the dollar is completely devalued, and taxes goes through the roof, I'll be vindicated. However, that is the absolute LAST way that I would want such confirmation.
Indeed!! But you need to see satch that any entity or individual telling you to hate half the country is profiting wildly by dividing the nation, and any victory you achieve would be comcomitant with the death of America.

Get your better plan on the table if you mean this boat to change it's course. Putting your mojo hatred on progressives is not constructive, but rather destructive (which is why I could not vote McCain- he was Bush washed, not his own man).

Our POTUS was a professor of the constitution. Challenge him there, with that language.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Yes and I believe people using language like "tactical" and "concealment" raise alarm bells for liberals who get the perception that a rambo rank out there mean to prey upon unarmed citizens. Responsible gun owners are the furthest thing from that, similarly, police do not pride themselves at having to draw a weapon upon civilians. They take great pride in de escalating situations so that no use of deadly force was necessary in the enforcement of law.
The ad smacks of "sell the sizzle, not the steak".

they are not selling simple items to use when you go afield or to the range - the whole idea is the romance of carrying a concealed weapon and suddenly being thrust into a position where you can be a hero because of the tactical gear you were carrying in your NRA shorts.

GOOD police personnel take pride in their work and de-escalating situations. I personally know a few who have an image of themselves as James Bond, and a few who are on power trips.

My cousin is a Police Captain in Columbia and a deer hunting buddy of mine who has drawn his pistol in the line of duty a number of times in 39 years of duty, mostly during his detective days. He used it only once when he found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol in a dark parking lot outside a nightclub. He fired twice and killed the man with the pistol. The investigation found that the first bullet apparently went straight down the barrel of the man's pistol, and the second shot put him down. Carl placed #14 in marksmanship in the national police tournament in the early 70s and is cool headed, good natured, and deserving of the utmost respect. Not all of the cops who have worked with him have been like him, unfortunately.

These ads were decidedly not directed at policemen and women, but at the average citizen with a CWP, not all of whom are level headed. The ads and the products are decidedly legal, but as with many other situations in life, everything that is legal is neither ethical, moral, or desirable because of its legality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies