Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Don't you have traffic to play in?
Let me guess - you're a Progressive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Here's the deal though.....just because RELIGION is losing a foothold that was flawed, retarded and man made to begin with.....doesn't even begin to suggest that God still isn't God.

I personally don't care what lifestyle anyone chooses.....but it doesn't change the end result. I would rather live my life according to God and be proven wrong.....than to pretend He doesn't exist and be proven wrong. At least I've got nothing to lose but a whole life of trying to be a better person for no reason.....than living a life of doing whatever I want to do and it biting me in the butt in the end.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
See, see they did a survey in downtown san franfreako and they noted a 4.576% drop in the numbers of christians. It's the end of Christianity! See, see.

So what I can go out and do my own little survey and prove you wrong.

This was a country founded under Christian principles but we have freedom of religion. People can practice what they want. The liberal attack line is everything else is fine except Christianity. Well that's not the way it works here.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Believing the "Big Fairy Tale" makes it much easier in life to go about believing little fairy tales which get us into trouble.
An excellent point worth thinking about.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:35 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Dukester, all you do is troll the internet looking for articles to inflame conservatives and the religious. It seems like its your life mission. And then you respond with empty trash talk. You, my friend, are the epitome of liberal rationale.
At least it's a break from the obsessively catty Palin threads.

I was starting to think her boyfriend said something positive about the former VP's appearance and it brought out a real Heather reaction.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
See, see they did a survey in downtown san franfreako and they noted a 4.576% drop in the numbers of christians. It's the end of Christianity! See, see.

So what I can go out and do my own little survey and prove you wrong.

This was a country founded under Christian principles but we have freedom of religion. People can practice what they want. The liberal attack line is everything else is fine except Christianity. Well that's not the way it works here.

Well even if it was founded under "Christian Principles" so what? Many of those so called "Christians" participated in slavery. They are human, they got it wrong, they make mistakes...they evolved....things change.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Some of you all obviously didn't read the link and have little footing to discuss the subject of this thread.
It's a sensational headline but well thought out piece...it doesn't assume an End to Christian America...the
headline should've had a question mark at the end really.

The article isn't anti-christian.
It isn't:

It isn't popping champagne corks at the idea of a decline in christianity.
Read the article..it's good.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet! If you think religion is going away wait a few years and more people will be praying than has ever preyed before. You folks will stay in the minority and on the wrong side of history just like you always are.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 PM

I'm sure you'd love than huh?

Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Guess what? The Bible has predicted this for thousands of years! I find it very funny that you rely on a Newsweek article to inform you of Christian facts. This is all part of Bible prophecy. You truly look like fools for being ignorant of something that has been happening, and will continue to happen, for many years. Newsweek figured out something that God didn't.....riiiiiiight.
Aero, the correct response was 'uh hunh' if you expect to re-qualify as an American citizen. This is only part of your re-education program for the impending Nation of 0's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies