Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Stronger, longer-lasting hurricanes.

Is Global Warming Making Hurricanes Worse?

What you see today is weather. What you see over the long-term is climate. And it's not cooling.
Untrue. you guys just can't keep your talking points straight. You even had to change "Global warming" to "Global climate change" just to keep the nasty truth of a cooling planet from exposing the scam of global warming.

Quote:
NOAA January 22, 2008

A warming global ocean — influencing the winds that shear off the tops of developing storms — could mean fewer Atlantic hurricanes striking the United States according to new findings by NOAA climate scientists. LINK
I'm sorry, but if the temps are 10 degrees below normal all year, it is because of a cooler climate, not weather related rain storms and snow storms. BTW, it has to be a cold enough climate for there to be snow storms in April.

How do you think they measure the global climate temperature? Aren't they just measuring the weather related temperature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Untrue. you guys just can't keep your talking points straight. You even had to change "Global warming" to "Global climate change" just to keep the nasty truth of a cooling planet from exposing the scam of global warming.

I'm sorry, but if the temps are 10 degrees below normal all year, it is because of a cooler climate, not weather related rain storms and snow storms. BTW, it has to be a cold enough climate for there to be snow storms in April.

How do you think they measure the global climate temperature? Aren't they just measuring the weather related temperature?

You know the phrase "talking points" is one of those things the talking heads on the radio and TV talk shows came up with. It marginalizes whatever the other person is saying and hints that you know what you're talking about when you don't. It's one of the surest signs of a bull****ter there is. If you want to be used as a conduit for other people's disinformation, be a good one! Here is a link that includes all of the errant nonsense listed on this post and a whole lot more. Learn it, know it, memorize it. And produce it on demand!

How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic : A Few Things Ill Considered

Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
You know the phrase "talking points" is one of those things the talking heads on the radio and TV talk shows came up with.
Wrong. I remember teachers using the term in Debate back when I was in HS in the early eighties. I assume its been used to teach Debate for years before that.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
You know the phrase "talking points" is one of those things the talking heads on the radio and TV talk shows came up with. It marginalizes whatever the other person is saying and hints that you know what you're talking about when you don't. It's one of the surest signs of a bull****ter there is. If you want to be used as a conduit for other people's disinformation, be a good one! Here is a link that includes all of the errant nonsense listed on this post and a whole lot more. Learn it, know it, memorize it. And produce it on demand!

How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic : A Few Things Ill Considered
...says a person who posts a link to a set of talking points. I guess you win, I'll just roll over and start lowering the earth's temperature by buying my carbon credits.

I do not get any of my information thru a conduit. I do my own research, which is motivated from my own observations over the years.

Talking points was a term one of my teachers used in high school back in the 1970s, to discribe the notes we used as we prepared for debates. Only someone new to the idea of debate things it was created by the DotCom generation. We had other phrases back then too, like "the coming ice-age', and "the population bomb," but there wasn't a buck to made in those ideas. However, there are billions of dolars to be made with global warming. In my opinion, because of the billions of dollars to be had, and the power that governments can acquire, with AGW, anyone who is not a skeptic is a fool.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Wrong. I remember teachers using the term in Debate back when I was in HS in the early eighties. I assume its been used to teach Debate for years before that.

Assume anything you like. There were talking heads on the radio and TV in the 80's. That stuff started in the 1970's. If other people picked up the term that really isn't surprising. It's a monkey-see, monkey-do culture. One thing about debate is, there are many tactics that are "unfair" in that they don't rely on sound argument. You're taught to recognize those and call your opponent on them if they're used. You get points and the opponents lose points. Picture yourself in a dialog with the great historic figure of your choice, explaining to you the great discovery, invention or innovation that made them great. At the end of that, you say, "Well your talking points...blah, blah, blah."

Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Hmm, guess i should have read your post first, would have saved me some bits and bytes.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Obviously the OP hasn't quite grasped that ice has a tendency melt in the Summer.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
...says a person who posts a link to a set of talking points. I guess you win, I'll just roll over and start lowering the earth's temperature by buying my carbon credits.

I do not get any of my information thru a conduit. I do my own research, which is motivated from my own observations over the years.

Talking points was a term one of my teachers used in high school back in the 1970s, to discribe the notes we used as we prepared for debates. Only someone new to the idea of debate things it was created by the DotCom generation. We had other phrases back then too, like "the coming ice-age', and "the population bomb," but there wasn't a buck to made in those ideas. However, there are billions of dolars to be made with global warming. In my opinion, because of the billions of dollars to be had, and the power that governments can acquire, with AGW, anyone who is not a skeptic is a fool.
My high school debate days were a decade earlier, but I can appreciate how much things deteriorated by that time.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Obviously the OP hasn't quite grasped that ice has a tendency melt in the Summer.
They do it all the time, when it is the dead of winter in North America they write stories here about the ice melting at the south pole, and they post pictures of melting ice in Alaska and the North Pole that were taken in the previous summer.

I wish I could find the web links now, but there was a photo of a polar bear on an ice flow taken in Alaska in August, and it was used in so many different global warming alarmist stories, and the various captions to the photo were written to fit the story; changing the location, year and season for where the photo was supposedly taken.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
They do it all the time, when it is the dead of winter in North America they write stories here about the ice melting at the south pole, and they post pictures of melting ice in Alaska and the North Pole that were taken in the previous summer.

I wish I could find the web links now, but there was a photo of a polar bear on an ice flow taken in Alaska in August, and it was used in so many different global warming alarmist stories, and the various captions to the photo were written to fit the story; changing the location, year and season for where the photo was supposedly taken.
This is so very true, the eco-NAZIs manufacture all kinds of lies to further their agenda. My personal favorite was about the "Ozone Hole" over Alaska.

What they don't tell people is that it requires sunlight to create ozone, and for 90 days every Winter there is no sunlight above the Arctic Circle, where the ozone hole appears. They also leave out the fact that the "Ozone Hole" over Alaska completely disappears as soon as the sun rises.

The eco-NAZIs have absolutely no credibility. I don't know anyone who has taken them seriously since their 1970s man-made Global Cooling hysteria nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies