U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,598,917 times

Advertisements

To become NATO secretary general, Anders Fogh Rasmussen will apologize for the Mohammed cartoons.

Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Denmark’s leader, was one of the few European politicians who refused to give in to pressure from fundamentalists in the Middle East when a Danish newspaper published the now infamous “Mohammed cartoons.”

His attitude was welcomed by may Europeans, especially by conservatives. He was quickly promoted to “hero of the freedom of speech,” and became one of the old continent’s most popular politicians.

But then something changed. Rasmussen set his eyes upon NATO. He wanted to become the organization’s next secretary general. An ambitious man, he proved willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. One of those ‘things’: apologizing to the “Islamic world” for the cartoons.

PoliGazette » Rasmussen to apologize to ‘Islamic World’ (http://www.poligazette.com/2009/04/05/rasmussen-to-apologize-to-islamic-world/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 PM

14,335 posts, read 15,158,203 times
Apologizing to a large segment of fanatics who went violently apes**t over a cartoon?

Apologizing to those who put out such enlightening cartoons about the "Evil Zionists Must Die By the Sword" and "Hamas Mickey Mouse" and dress their lil' tykes up as jihadist homicide bombers?

Just another out-of-touch ass hat.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 AM

236 posts, read 343,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Apologizing to a large segment of fanatics who went violently apes**t over a cartoon?

Apologizing to those who put out such enlightening cartoons about the "Evil Zionists Must Die By the Sword" and "Hamas Mickey Mouse" and dress their lil' tykes up as jihadist homicide bombers?

Just another out-of-touch ass hat.
Hello dear friend!
Anti-Semitism is not a product of Muslim world:

Throughout history Jews have faced prejudice and discrimination, known as antisemitism. Driven nearly two thousand years ago by the Romans from the land now called Israel, they spread throughout the globe and tried to retain their unique beliefs and culture while living as a minority. In some countries Jews were welcomed, and they enjoyed long periods of peace with their neighbors. In European societies where the population was primarily Christian, Jews found themselves increasingly isolated as outsiders. Jews do not share the Christian belief that Jesus is the Son of God, and many Christians considered this refusal to accept Jesus' divinity as arrogant. For centuries the Church taught that Jews were responsible for Jesus' death. Added to religious conflicts were economic ones. Rulers placed restrictions on Jews, barring them from holding certain jobs and from owning land. At the same time, since the early Church did not permit usury (lending money at interest), Jews came to fill the vital (but unpopular) role of moneylenders for the Christian majority. In more desperate times, Jews became scapegoats for many problems people suffered. For example, they were blamed for causing the "Black Death," the plague that killed thousands of people throughout Europe during the Middle Ages. In Spain in the 1400s, Jews were forced to convert to Christianity, leave the country, or be executed. In Russia and Poland in the late 1800s the government organized or did not prevent violent attacks on Jewish neighborhoods, called pogroms, in which mobs murdered Jews and looted their homes and stores. European leaders who wanted to establish colonies in Africa and Asia argued that whites were superior to other races and therefore had to spread and take over the "weaker" and "less civilized" races. Some writers applied this argument to Jews, too, mistakenly defining Jews as a race of people called Semites who shared common blood and physical features. This kind of racial antisemitism meant that Jews remained Jews by race even if they converted to Christianity.
Should I post anything about Hitler?

And it's obvious that those who kill civilians in terroristic atacks are mistakenly called muslims should not be taken as a model and applied to all people in muslim countries. They are just murderers, terrorists, criminals. Nothing more! You give them BIG CREDIT calling them Islamic terrorists and muslims!!! Stop doing that! And they will lose the ground under their feet. I am muslim. Look at my photo. Do I look like them?

And couple of words about apology staff:
What's wrong with that? Remember: "Violence generates violence!" Someone should stop all this mess, people! We cannot let some of us to hate each other! It will lead us to nowhere!!!
Rasmussen is not a hero, non he use to be! He just understood (hopefully) that insulting 1.5 billion people is not a good thing! Don't you think so? Freedom of speech IS NOT WHEN YOU SAY EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR MIND!!! You should realize that! Do you say to your supervisor at work "I would p** on your head?" when he/she gets you nervious? I don't think so! Insulting is not a solution... Seek for PEACE!

Last edited by Paul Negresco; 04-06-2009 at 01:11 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,043,553 times
So far, this thread is only based on "Rasmussen reportedly agreed [to apologize]. Dutch magazine Elsevier says he will do so tomorrow, in Istanbul". Shouldn't we wait until his speech is over?

And the U.S. wants Turkey to become a member of the European Union ...

Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,043,553 times
German news are already reporting it: Rasmussen did NOT apologize.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 AM

3,644 posts, read 5,566,233 times
He said he was sorry they took it that way, not sorry that the cartoons were published. That's a big difference in my opinion. Still, I wish Western leaders wouldn't have put him in that position in the first place. We need to stand up for Western Values more strongly and let the Jihadists (both overt and stealth) know that we will never compromise our beliefs nor willingly become subjugated people.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 AM

4,608 posts, read 7,297,288 times
Insulting is not a solution....

Neither is sucking ass.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 PM

14,335 posts, read 15,158,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBB View Post
German news are already reporting it: Rasmussen did NOT apologize.
That's good to hear.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 AM

Those who kill civilians in terroristic atacks and who are mistakenly called muslims should not be taken as a model and applied to all people in muslim countries. They are just murderers, terrorists, criminals. Nothing more! You give them BIG CREDIT calling them Islamic terrorists and muslims!!! Stop doing that! And they will lose the ground under their feet. Maybe young people will finally stop joining them.

People, violence generates violence!

About danish prime minister:
Rasmussen is not a hero, neither he use to be! He just obviously DID not understood that insulting 1.5 billion people is not a good thing! Don't you think so? Freedom of speech IS NOT WHEN YOU SAY EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR MIND!!! You should realize that! Do you say to your supervisor at work "I would hit you in your face?" when he/she gets you nervious? I don't think so! Insulting is not a solution... Seek for PEACE!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Insulting is not a solution....

Neither is sucking ass.
What do you call: "sucking ***"? So, does Pope do that? Or Obama, Merkel, Sarkozi, Berluskoni, Medvedev, Dalay Lama, Hu Djabao, Queen Elizabeth II and many other just ***??? Oh, I know, Marthin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, John F.Kennedy and other great leaders also did!.. Oh my Allah!
You just don't even know what you are talking about!!! Those great leaders or most of them just realized that there's only one planet inhabited so far - Earth! There's no more! And we are doomed to live together. Anger is not a solution! Put your anger against AIDS, poverty, malnutrition and other big issues, not against each other PEOPLE!
I want to respect your opinion WillysB but I cannot so far... Share more dear friend!

Last edited by Paul Negresco; 04-07-2009 at 03:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies