Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...you agree with obama's agenda of the Fed's taking over important and vital sectors of our economy?
Bull. No sector has been taken over. An individual company does not a sector make.

Quote:
You agree with him dictating to a private corporation who will be the CEO and sit on the board?
Yep, I do. If the company wants taxpayer money, it can take orders from the government. You do realize that private lenders make demands as well?

Quote:
You agree the Federal Government should set pay limits for corporations?
If that's what's needed, yes. We've just seen the "free-market" demonstrate that it is incapable of regulating itself. Someone needs to watch the henhouse besides the wolf.

Quote:
Can you tell me WHERE in the constitution the Executive Branch is given the authority to do that?
Oh brother.

I'm amazed at all the constitutional attorneys we have here at CD. When can we expect your complaint to be heard by the SCOTUS?

Quote:
Can you really not understand how completely wrong this is?

If you agree with all that, why don't you go to Venezuela - that's the kind of thing the government down there does - it is not the kind of thing the US has ever done.
So typical.

This is MY country. If you don't agree with me, leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:10 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I forgot my sarcastic smiley
That's better!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
So you agree with a CELEBRITY!!!!

F L I P F L O P
No. I have made my positions on these issues clear - way before Teddy Nuge.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ted Nugent: Praying for Obama to fail (http://www.wacotrib.com/opin/content/news/opinion/stories/2009/04/05/04052009wacnugent.html - broken link)

Ted has it exactly right. Those who care about the US, the very foundations and beliefs this great country was built on, should all want obama's radical, job-killing, economy-killing policies to fail, as well as his capitulation and appeasement in foreign policy. The man is downright dangerous and is committed to bringing the US to it's knees.

Remember obama stating what a great nation the US was at the same time declaring he was going to change it?
I am trying to see any credible on what Nugent says or doesn't. He is just a tool for the NRA, nothing more. He kind of reminds me of Joe The Plumber, another rightwing tool...

Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What I see is a self-absorbed, washed-up musician making unsubstantiated claims. It hasn't even been 90 days yet. No one knows what is going to happen; not even the most studied economists know. I'm not going to pay much mind to the biased opinion of Ted Nugent.

In case anyone has forgotten, we just experienced the so-called "free-market" become its own worst enemy, collapse upon its own weight of unregulated and unpoliced greed, killing "real" jobs and economic growth. Obama had nothing to do with this. Indeed, what we've seen happen to the economy is exactly what one would expect given the system itself and human nature.
You can like Ted or not, but his claim is not unsubstantiated. Have you not been paying attention to the policies being created by congress at the bequest of our President? Have you not heard him tell us that now is not the time to be making profit, and that he will tell us when it is time? Did you miss (as he intended when he buried it on page nine hundred something of his proposed budget) that he wants to undo the action taken by President Bush, and again tax inheritences at 45%, even though his own experts have show that it will hurt our economy?

As to the free market becoming it's opwn worst enemy.. If you back up to where the whole thing REALLY started, you'll notice that the real root was OVER REGULATION. Banks were told they HAD to lend to customers they thought were too risky to lend to. A mechanism was created so they could then sell those loans and reduce the risk to themselves. Sure, there was lots of greed & stupidity involved on the part of the banking & finance industries after that, but if the government had simply let the market work in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Well, does this mean the left is prepared to stop using those clelbrities who agree witht hem to push their ideas?
I don't think so. And so, both sides will trot out their celebreties, and both sides will find reasons to not pay attention to the other sides celebrities."""

Oh, no, no, no, no ...it has NOT been the left who yell about celebrities speaking out , it has been the RIGHT, the repubs.

So please address your :
""Hey, I have an idea; when a celebrity says something, let's just treat it like any other citizen said something, and then debate WHAT he said instead of who said it."""

to the repubs!
If you would please back up & read the post to which you reponded. Specifically, I reference the second sentence of the first paragraph, where I pointed out that both sides do the same thing, and I addressed my post to everyone who does this, regardless of party affiliation. Now, if you actually have something of substance to add to the conversation, I'll gladly read & respond.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You can like Ted or not, but his claim is not unsubstantiated. Have you not been paying attention to the pokicies being created by congfress at the bequest of our President? Have you not heard him tell us that now is not the time to be making profit, and that he will tell us when it is time? Did you miss (as he intended when he buried it on page nine hundred something) that he wants to tax inheritences at 45%, een though his own experts have show that it will hurt our economy?

As to the free market becoming it's opwn worst enemy.. If you back up to where the whole thing REALLY started, you'll notice that the real root was OVER REGULATION. Banks were told they HAD to lend to customers they thought were too risky to lend to. A mechanism was created so they could then sell those loans and reduce the risk to themselves. Sure, there was lots of greed & stupidity involved on the part of the banking & finance industries after that, but if the government had simply let the market work in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.
I think a lot of what you say in your post you are taking out of Context, plain and simple. You sound like the BULL HORN for the FAUX Entertainment NEWS Network.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I think a lot of what you say in your post you are taking out of Context, plain and simple. You sound like the BULL HORN for the FAUX Entertainment NEWS Network.
Well, it's easy to say I'm doing that and then disappear. I'd like for you to show me. What have I taken out of context?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
If you would please back up & read the post to which you reponded. Specifically, I reference the second sentence of the first paragraph, where I pointed out that both sides do the same thing, and I addressed my post to everyone who does this, regardless of party affiliation. Now, if you actually have something of substance to add to the conversation, I'll gladly read & respond.
So if someone points out your errors their posts have no substance?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So if someone points out your errors their posts have no substance?

You never pointed out an error. You erroneously pointed out what you thought was an error. Actually, you didn't even do that. You just suggested I do something that I alreaddy did. And you did it in a way that was supposed to make people think you were somehow bettering me. I think you missed out on that too.
Do you indulge in this sort of avoidance on all issues you don't want to actually discuss?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies