Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,199,463 times

Advertisements

April 5, 2009
A RELIGIOUS RIGHT CRACK-UP?.... In general, the most noticeable fissure among politically conservative evangelical Christians is generational. In this dynamic, older evangelicals see themselves as an appendage of the Republican Party, and consider abortion and gay rights as the only "moral" issues that matter. Younger evangelicals are less partisan, and consider poverty and global warming important, too.

The Washington Monthly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM

355 posts, read 446,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

April 5, 2009
A RELIGIOUS RIGHT CRACK-UP?.... In general, the most noticeable fissure among politically conservative evangelical Christians is generational. In this dynamic, older evangelicals see themselves as an appendage of the Republican Party, and consider abortion and gay rights as the only "moral" issues that matter. Younger evangelicals are less partisan, and consider poverty and global warming important, too.

The Washington Monthly
You're really beginning to crack me up.

Poverty is aided by the liberal left that wants to keep the idea of entitlements alive. The more you keep handing out to people that don't have any initiative to pull themselves out of their own messes, the more povery there will be. The Lord helps those who help themselves.

If there is any global warming it's the result of all the hot air spewed by Al Gore and his leftist environmental wacko ilk.

Homosexuals have rights but they do not have the right to marry members of the same sex. That has been made very clear in the many states that have voted to outlaw same-sex marriage. Even liberal California didn't like the idea of judges dictating from their benches, and they voted to ban homosexual marriage. Marriage can only work if it is between a man and woman, not between people with abnormal sexual desires.

Abortion is another thing that was ruled in favor by by a panel of arrogant judges. If anybody should decide the fate of legal abortion it should be heterosexual women only. The judges that made abortion legal were all men. Lesbians can't get pregnant with their lifestyle so they shouldn't even be allowed to decide. Abortion is the same as murder, so if you keep abortion legal we might as well free all the convicted killers sitting in prison milking off our tax money.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,531,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
You're really beginning to crack me up.

Poverty is aided by the liberal left that wants to keep the idea of entitlements alive. The more you keep handing out to people that don't have any initiative to pull themselves out of their own messes, the more povery there will be. The Lord helps those who help themselves.
I see what you mean about people EXPECTING, but what about those that don't?

If there is any global warming it's the result of all the hot air spewed by Al Gore and his leftist environmental wacko ilk.
I'm still confused as to why some of you insist that Gore is the end all to be all for climate change. You have heard of actual scientists, right?

My answers are in bold.

Homosexuals have rights but they do not have the right to marry members of the same sex. That has been made very clear in the many states that have voted to outlaw same-sex marriage. Even liberal California didn't like the idea of judges dictating from their benches, and they voted to ban homosexual marriage. Marriage can only work if it is between a man and woman, not between people with abnormal sexual desires.
Marriage works between any person/people that allow it to work in a functional & loving way.

Abortion is another thing that was ruled in favor by by a panel of arrogant judges. If anybody should decide the fate of legal abortion it should be heterosexual women only. The judges that made abortion legal were all men. Lesbians can't get pregnant with their lifestyle so they shouldn't even be allowed to decide. Abortion is the same as murder, so if you keep abortion legal we might as well free all the convicted killers sitting in prison milking off our tax money.
If you can get pregnant, then you have a say on abortion. A lesbian is a woman, meaning SHE can get pregnant, meaning has a say. All you MEN who can't carry a baby, step aside. And if you feel that strongly about letting off convicted killers, may I suggest you start a movement & perhaps write letters to your senators/congressmen/women?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,832,925 times
actually, marriage only works with 50% of people, so I would say that it doesn't work at all! you are better off in an arranged marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If you can get pregnant, then you have a say on abortion. A lesbian is a woman, meaning SHE can get pregnant, meaning has a say. All you MEN who can't carry a baby, step aside. And if you feel that strongly about letting off convicted killers, may I suggest you start a movement & perhaps write letters to your senators/congressmen/women?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,531,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
actually, marriage only works with 50% of people, so I would say that it doesn't work at all! you are better off in an arranged marriage.
Ok, well I don't recall mentioning marriage at all.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
I was talking about this. I think you said it.

Quote:
Marriage works between any person/people that allow it to work in a functional & loving way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ok, well I don't recall mentioning marriage at all.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM

358 posts, read 471,155 times
I have an idea.....Screw the religious right and as far as I am concerned I hope they continue to be the backbone of the Republican Party, they deserve each other. For that matter screw them both...Oh that's right, the voters of the USA just did that in November 2008.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM

the voters did a great job. they replaced the biggest liberal president in american history with an even bigger liberal. you think we would have learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
I have an idea.....Screw the religious right and as far as I am concerned I hope they continue to be the backbone of the Republican Party, they deserve each other. For that matter screw them both...Oh that's right, the voters of the USA just did that in November 2008.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,019,432 times
Quote:
The 'religious right' does not comprise the backbone of the Republican party, as a matter of fact, most people are intelligent enough to notice that the creation of the imagine of the 'religious right' is just the left wing response to the 'flaming Liberal' stereotype.

If the Republican Party's 'backbone' was the religious right, John McCain would not have won in the primaries....

Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,524,320 times
Quote:
I have an idea! PM for $1 so you can buy yourself a clue. without moderates from both parties President Obama could not have won.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies