Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,404,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

As opposed to the craziness of the right.. give me a break! I don't go taking headlines and then splashing them with lies, rhetoric and hyperbol. I actually READ the articles, dissect the information and form my own conclusions.

It's like allyou right wingers consider him a failure if he didnt fix in 3 months what took 8 years to get screwed up in the first place. So quick to attack EVERYTHING he does without giving it a chance to work.. as if having done what we were doing before was ever going to accomplish anything.

talk about instant gratification.... Watch out.. you may create a self fulfilling prophecy with the attitudes you all have..

But hopefully the attitudes of the rest of us can coutner that negativity

It's not about being positive or negative. It's about some of us being able to see through his BS and actually look at the fact that you can't jumpstart an economy by taxing the hell out of those providing the jobs, spending trillions on things that don't create ANY revenue, kissing the butts of other countries just so they'll like him, etc, etc, etc.

We're working of common sense. These things DON'T work. They WON'T work. They need to be stopped now before it takes us to depths we can't recover from.

You keep thinking your "positive thoughts".

We'll keep hoping that common sense takes over at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,995,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
When, in the known history of human beings, have all these 'ifs' ever occured?
"Speak softly but carry a big stick" is about the best one can expect when it comes to diplomacy combined with realism.

What.. history is ALWAYS filled with "if's" .. we've always had the same questions.. and we've failed in taking the right steps to achieve them.

History is always repeating itself because we keep making the same mistakes..

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

Here we have a leader trying something different .. and expecting different results.

Yet.. here is the right resisting doing something "different" and only has doing the "same" as the answer..

Seems to me like the right is a little insane these days

Last edited by TristansMommy; 04-07-2009 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Your post holds no credibility until you back up your opinions because you certainly have given no facts. It's easy to holler and make no sense whatsoever.
If you can provide me with something that shows me your great leader's wisdom, I'll be sure not to write you off as a typical leftist that has absolutely no common sense.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

5,553 posts, read 6,727,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It's not about being positive or negative. It's about some of us being able to see through his BS and actually look at the fact that you can't jumpstart an economy by taxing the hell out of those providing the jobs, spending trillions on things that don't create ANY revenue, kissing the butts of other countries just so they'll like him, etc, etc, etc.

We're working of common sense. These things DON'T work. They WON'T work. They need to be stopped now before it takes us to depths we can't recover from.

Maybe Obama should hire you as a consultant. We'd really be in trouble.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM

5,224 posts, read 4,995,085 times
Quote:

Common sense.. like the common sense of the last 8 years? Doesn't seem that all those tax breaks the rich have had has done much of anything..

Accept make them more greedy, award themselves bigger bonuses while squandering their work force and the middle class... and selling their country AND the world economy up the river for a quick buck.

Sorry.. your way hasn't worked..

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results..

Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM

5,553 posts, read 6,727,078 times
Quote:
If you can provide me with something that shows me your great leader's wisdom, I'll be sure not to write you off as a typical leftist that has absolutely no common sense.
I can only be disheartened by those whom I consider my peers. I have to first respect the person's opinion about me. In this case, I couldn't care less. If you want to call me a typical leftist, that's no problem except that you got it wrong because you never make any sense. Name calling falls flat and on deaf ears because it holds no substance.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,003,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
What has he accomplished exactly?
Just as a quick answer, he signed a bill requiring that women be paid the same amount as men doing the same job. That means a great deal to all working women.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Common sense.. like the common sense of the last 8 years? Doesn't seem that all those tax breaks the rich have had has done much of anything..

Accept make them more greedy, award themselves bigger bonuses while squandering their work force and the middle class... and selling their country AND the world economy up the river for a quick buck.

Sorry.. your way hasn't worked..

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results..
The tax breaks only work if you don't spend like a drunken sailor, which Bush did during the last four years. He was trying to appease the liberals for some reason. Most conservatives moved away from him at the end because his policies were horribly liberal. Thus, we're at where we're at.

Insanity is looking at a man in a pretty suit that uses big words, and believing anything he says because he's not Bush.

Insanity is looking at a few CEOs that didn't act like they should, and demonizing the entire population of people that are responsible for 99% of the jobs and income in this country.

Insanity is thinking that by making businesses pay more and more taxes, they won't have to cut jobs, production, etc., which would further damage the middle class.

Insanity is rambling on and on about things you no nothing of.

Just "Bush bad, BO good".

Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I can only be disheartened by those whom I consider my peers. I have to first respect the person's opinion about me. In this case, I couldn't care less. If you want to call me a typical leftist, that's no problem except that you got it wrong because you never make any sense. Name calling falls flat and on deaf ears because it holds no substance.
Exactly. You don't owe me an answer at all. I didn't actually expect one because there isn't one.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,673,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Any way of substantiating that?
1. Global polling data that revealed he was the favorite candidate to win by more than 3-1.

2. Continued polling data that reveal he remains incredibly popular and a man aligned with global sensibilities.

Look them both up if you don't believe me.

3. A major shift from world leaders in expressing a willingness to work with the U.S. again - from Russia and China to France, Germany, and Turkey.

I think the other poster put it best - Obama is laying a strong foundation right now and great things are to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies