Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,011,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Welcome to the utopia of the left. It's like they're stoned 24/7.

Those bees are well armed ones that would just assume you die off so they can come in and take your honey, as opposed to you giving it to them.

As opposed to the craziness of the right.. give me a break! I don't go taking headlines and then splashing them with lies, rhetoric and hyperbol. I actually READ the articles, dissect the information and form my own conclusions.

It's like allyou right wingers consider him a failure if he didnt fix in 3 months what took 8 years to get screwed up in the first place. So quick to attack EVERYTHING he does without giving it a chance to work.. as if having done what we were doing before was ever going to accomplish anything.

talk about instant gratification.... Watch out.. you may create a self fulfilling prophecy with the attitudes you all have..

But hopefully the attitudes of the rest of us can coutner that negativity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
What amazes me is some people wonder what he has done.
Well for starters he is trying to jump start the economy before our economics totally colaspe.
None of this is going to turn around on it owns like the sour grapes opposition states.
Second of all, he is mending fences our allies in the world which is something we absolutely need. He has shown to be a strong leader along with being reasonable.
we must respect other cultures instead of trying to change them such as in Iraq. Insisting they become a democracy. Why???? They don't even want it.
Had we focused on Afganistan instead of engaging in this sensles war in Iraq........Bin Laden face might have been history.
GW did nothing but thumb his nose at he world in arrogance which resulted in total contempt. Using his cow hand twang to insult other nations, cultures and religions. We were slowly heading toward a dynasty with only the rich and poor. The middle class was slowly disappearing.
Obama is saving what is left of the middle class.
He has worked his tail off in the past 4 months which is more than GW did in the 8 years he reigned.

If anyone has half a brain, they should be able to see this. Some of the opposition comments I have read are nothing but bi partisan babble.

Go obama. You will see......he will go down in history as the greatest president along with Lincoln.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm not a huge fan of much of what Reagan did, but I'll say this for him - he was no embarassment when he travelled abroad (or within the U.S.) and was a great speaker.

I voted for Reagan twice.

Haven't voted twice for a Pres candidate since.

Also, the GOP has morphed into an ugly caricature of itself in the decades since Reagan. Very sad. And harmful to America. Giving the radical wingnuts the predominant voice has done nothing but divide us.

Plenty of evidence on this forum of that very thing.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
And that is a matter of opinion I see NOTHING that we have done that takes away from America's might. As a matter of fact.. by ending the war in Iraq we'll actually STRENGTHEN our military because it won't be worn so thin fighting two wars on two different fronts.. thus weakening us. (not to mention the money spent on Iraq)

If our country is WEAK at hte moment, it is so because of the actions of the financial sector.. WALL STREET.. who managed to not only drag down OUR economy.. BUT THE REST OF THE WORLDS AS WELL.. with it's irresponsible ways.

And you can thank the Bush administration for that. It took 8 years to get us to this low point and it's going to take a lot more than a few months to get us back to where we need to be.
I think you may have missed something, a tiny thing really... Ending our envolvement in Iraq (which will take years btw) will not do much really since it seems we're adding and will add a huge amount of troops to Afganistan. Now of course we could have lessened the amount we are sending if only (taking on a wistful look) our supposed allies in europe had said yes instead of no....
As for where the economy is now and who's at fault and what's to be done well, there again if we follow our presidents lead more spending would help get the whole economy back on track and if only (takes on wistful look again) europe had said okey dokey instead of nope, no way...

Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Why do most women and most male libs (pretty much the same thing) run solely off of emotions?
Yeah. Because the bragging, stomping, "let's go kill Iraq" of most males and right wing conservatives isn't emotional AT ALL.
(Look out! Someone's coming to steal your guns and make you speak Spanish!) Fear is an emotion. It's not a very manly one. And THAT'S what your right wing conservative leaders are pushing down your throat.
You are letting them make you a wimp of the worst kind...the kind that won't do what's right in a tough situation...but instead only look out for number one.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
What amazes me is some people wonder what he has done.
Well for starters he is trying to jump start the economy before our economics totally colaspe.
None of this is going to turn around on it owns like the sour grapes opposition states.
Second of all, he is mending fences our allies in the world which is something we absolutely need. He has shown to be a strong leader along with being reasonable.
we must respect other cultures instead of trying to change them such as in Iraq. Insisting they become a democracy. Why???? They don't even want it.
Had we focused on Afganistan instead of engaging in this sensles war in Iraq........Bin Laden face might have been history.
GW did nothing but thumb his nose at he world in arrogance which resulted in total contempt. Using his cow hand twang to insult other nations, cultures and religions. We were slowly heading toward a dynasty with only the rich and poor. The middle class was slowly disappearing.
Obama is saving what is left of the middle class.
He has worked his tail off in the past 4 months which is more than GW did in the 8 years he reigned.

If anyone has half a brain, they should be able to see this. Some of the opposition comments I have read are nothing but bi partisan babble.

Go obama. You will see......he will go down in history as the greatest president along with Lincoln.
Why should we focus on Afganistan? Aren't we pushing them to become a democracy as well? Do they really want what we want?
I do think you're right about going down in history but only time will tell how that will come out and depending who writes the history books.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think you may have missed something, a tiny thing really... Ending our envolvement in Iraq (which will take years btw) will not do much really since it seems we're adding and will add a huge amount of troops to Afganistan. Now of course we could have lessened the amount we are sending if only (taking on a wistful look) our supposed allies in europe had said yes instead of no....
As for where the economy is now and who's at fault and what's to be done well, there again if we follow our presidents lead more spending would help get the whole economy back on track and if only (takes on wistful look again) europe had said okey dokey instead of nope, no way...

You're correct.

America (and the world) would be much better off today if Bush hadn't neglected Afghanistan to start an unnecessary war in Iraq. Which he mismanaged.

Neglect and mismanagement are the hallmarks of the Bush years.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

As opposed to the craziness of the right.. give me a break! I don't go taking headlines and then splashing them with lies, rhetoric and hyperbol. I actually READ the articles, dissect the information and form my own
But hopefully the attitudes of the rest of us can coutner that negativity
What you'd be better off reading is history books.
I am still waiting for an answer to my question to you in Post #60.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,011,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Do you blame Europe for not spending to fix an economy that we almost single handedly ruined with our corporatism and greed.

With how much Tarp went out in the first wave with little oversight and no answers on where it went? I wouldnt' blame Europe either. They need to see that America is not only handing out this money so that big corporations get their free lunch..but that it is working and it is accounted for. Right now, they can only take Obama's word for it..they need to see it too. It is my understanding that they want more regulation and overisght.. and I kind of agree with that.

If what we are doing proves to work, then I'm sure they couldn't argue with it and would jump on board as well.. If we can show that we will put some safety nets in place so that this type of thing doesn't happen again.. and that there are regulations to prevent it.. then they may change their tune.

I agree with sending more troops to Afghanistan. If we didn't have Iraq to begin with we probably would have already achieved the job in Afghanistan by now.. We are going BACK to do the job we should have done in the first place that BUSH botched when he took his eye off the ball. We're focusing on where it needs to be focused.. go in, get the job done and right and then come home. Yes, it will take time to get out of Iraq.. but atleast we're moving forward with that plan .

And i do not blame Europe for not sending more troops.. we lost their support when we arrogantly ..yes arrogantly took the eye off the ball the first time.. again.. we need to PROVE to them that what we are doing is and will be affective before they, in this hard economy (which we had a huge hand in creating) commit more troops and money to the Afghan cause.

We need to give it time.. You can't just say a few magic words and then poof...Europe is going to quickly jump on the bandwagon. They are not idiots (although the right may like you to think they are).. but we have come a long way to once again winning their attention, respect and help... and have come a long way of having them look at us as the great nation we know we are.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It's sad that so many people are enamored with someone because they are a good public speaker.

He has done nothing to prove his wisdom. He's just throwing a bunch of stuff against the wall, hoping something sticks and works, but using the common sense test, none of them will.

Of course, common sense is trumped by emotion with the left. They're SO driven to see him succeed only because they hated Bush, but can't stand back and objectively look at the man and see that there's no substance to anything B.O. is saying.

Again, he just wants to be liked.
Your post holds no credibility until you back up your opinions because you certainly have given no facts. It's easy to holler and make no sense whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies