Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Dukester, I don't care about the party. I only care about the welfare of this country.
More people need this attitude.

Unfortunately the vast majority are only concerned with party (at least, based on this forum).

And I keep hearing from the republican guests on talk shows that they are concerned with their 'message' and connecting with folks (ie, they are concerned with winning/losing more seats) but they don't seem to realize if they actually do good for the country, they will likely be rewarded. At least, I haven't heard one yet, focus on the country's well-being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
just had to get in here before dukester replied to himself

sorry duke, you don't get first shot at this one!
HA! Rep points for you!!

Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't quite understand why all absentee ballots aren't open for every election (assuming they are mailed and delivered on time)? Why are there a certain amount of ballots that aren't counted to begin with? I haven't kept up with all the legal wrangling going on in MN. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks.
I guess no one else understands either?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't quite understand why all absentee ballots aren't open for every election (assuming they are mailed and delivered on time)? Why are there a certain amount of ballots that aren't counted to begin with? I haven't kept up with all the legal wrangling going on in MN. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks.
I don't know all the reasons I have heard of some. The ballots have to be witnessed by a registered voter. In some cases that was not done. Also the signature on the ballot has to match the signature on the registration. In one case I heard of a guy had his girlfriend sign it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies