Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Your forefathers also kept slaves, so that kind of turns your whole argument on it's head, doesn't it?

They were both anti gay, and pro slavery. So maybe it's time to consider that your forefathers didn't always get things right.
Actually no it doesn't, it just proves some people will be guilty of personal greed and ignorance against their own people.

So again please don't equate the right to vote, own property, amass wealth and education. Visit and sit in any restaurant, etc with your pursuit to change the definition of marriage, normal sexual behavior, forcing your idea of normalcy onto people who simply say,what you do is your business just don't try to force me to accept it as normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yeah I am sorry you feel this way too.

This post is just sad. Sooooo sad.

In fact, I almost gave it +1 for laughs.
What I laugh at is when grown men tell me I'm afraid of them because I don't accept the fact that a man stuffing himself into another man's anus or mouth is "normal".

I laugh when some people tell me that 6% of the population is right and the other 94% is wrong.

I laugh when some people say there's no "agenda" and at the same time do everything in their power to push said agenda.

I guess we both have a ton of things to laugh about!!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, I really am.
But to be shocked that gay families were invited to the Easter Egg hunt/roll well......that is ridiculous. Noone is getting harmed, noone is getting 'recruited', and noone is going to have gay sex on the lawn.
What on Earth is so shocking of people (gay or straight - and how are you really going to know?) watching their children roll an egg down a hill?
I don't dismiss what you are saying. I don't agree with your lifestyle and never will, however, I don't believe any citizen should not have access to any government event or place if said place is open to the public.

My only point of contention is the constant comparison with the struggles of my people, in order to foster support and/or sympathy for your own.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What I laugh at is when grown men tell me I'm afraid of them because I don't accept the fact that a man stuffing himself into another man's anus or mouth is "normal".

I laugh when some people tell me that 6% of the population is right and the other 94% is wrong.

I laugh when some people say there's no "agenda" and at the same time do everything in their power to push said agenda.

I guess we both have a ton of things to laugh about!!
Noone is saying that to be gay is right and to be straight is wrong.
And, lets be frank here -- while 94% of the population may be straight (although I believe it to be more like 85-90% by why quibble?) that is not the same as saying 90% of the population is against homosexuals and/or homosexual marriage.

I should know --- I'm straight

Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 PM

488 posts, read 1,024,558 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Oh my God, the outrage!!! Negroes in the White House inviting Qu33rs over!!! Get over it!
Hello mr king i see you are still around! i have not ron across you in a while,hello any way

Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 PM

67 posts, read 248,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Noone is saying that to be gay is right and to be straight is wrong.
And, lets be frank here -- while 94% of the population may be straight (although I believe it to be more like 85-90% by why quibble?) that is not the same as saying 90% of the population is against homosexuals and/or homosexual marriage.

I should know --- I'm straight
Absolutely. So, were do you get off seeing 6% of people as the only ones disagreeing with you? Have you ever been to a college campus? Do you think 6% of a college campus, regardless of sexual orientation, will be the only ones to say you are wrong? Doubtful.

And I should know, I'm gay.

*This is directed at the previous poster, not this poster's quote. Confusing? Eh... sorry.

Last edited by selaguy; 04-09-2009 at 12:41 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The only constant is change...

"In 1953, Mamie Eisenhower asked why black children were looking through the gates at the white children rolling eggs inside, and the following year she insisted that blacks be included." - 2006 NYT article on gay families at the EER
Good for Mamie! Never underestimate the power of a woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
OMG! This could lead to dancing!
Then maybe playing cards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies