Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

A surprise visit with the troops.

"Inside a marble palace, he was interrupted repeatedly with cheers from the troops. "I love you," someone in the crowd shouted out. I love you back," the commander in chief replied. Scores of troops held digital cameras above their heads, snapping pictures and recording video of a day they would long remember."

Obama's Iraq Visit: Makes Surprise Trip To Baghdad On Way Home

Check out the slide show on the main page.

Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I'm glad he stopped in for a look-see. It helps to understand the mission once you've been there to see that our troops, believe it or not, are proud of their accomplishments and believe in what they are doing. They deserve the support of the President.

I was there when Bush came to town. The President visiting the troops is a major morale-booster. Trust me.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
"Inside a marble palace, he was interrupted repeatedly with cheers from the troops. "I love you," someone in the crowd shouted out. I love you back," the commander in chief replied. Scores of troops held digital cameras above their heads, snapping pictures and recording video of a day they would long remember."

B-b-but the wingnuts are continually telling everyone how much the troops dislike Obama and lack respect for him, since he isn't a citizen and he pals around with terrorists.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
B-b-but the wingnuts are continually telling everyone how much the troops dislike Obama and lack respect for him, since he isn't a citizen and he pals around with terrorists.
Links please.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Links please.

Be your own Google-monkey. This stuff is commonly posted on this very forum. Look around, ya can't miss it.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Be your own Google-monkey. This stuff is commonly posted on this very forum. Look around, ya can't miss it.

So you spent 3 hrs looking for something to backup your silly statement but couldnt find it?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Default Got Google?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So you spent 3 hrs looking for something to backup your silly statement but couldnt find it?

Try these, see if you come up with anything:

Obama birth certificate

Obama terrorist

Let me know if you get some good stuff.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:

Obama birth certificate

Obama terrorist

Good one.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
I could tell a real sense of appreciation for the President being there. The troops deserve their President to be there and tell them personally what his plans are. I could sense some stifled enthusiasm for him from the clips I watched, for obvious reasons (most in attendance likely voted for McCain) but I'm entirely optimistic that the military will support anyone who supports them. And all the candidates running for President supported the troops. That said, the thought of John McCain making the same appearance gives me a much less optimistic vision of what will happen in Iraq. I fear he would have not cared about any "timeline" for withdrawal. And thats what HAS to happen in Iraq, its what Americans voted for. Lets start bringing them home. And that doesnt mean to Afghanistan, either. That seems to counterbalance gains made in shrinking the empire, which is utmost in importance if this Republic is to long survive

Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:

Obama birth certificate

Obama terrorist

Well, that's just brilliant. The President visits a country where we have troops, and the best you can do is imply that he's a terrorist? I'm tremendously relieved that your vote didn't decide the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies