Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 04:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Oral sex can be considered sodomy. Not to say that all Lesbians practice oral sex, but just saying.

Fleet is right about that one. The way homosexuals have sex, oral or otherwise, is "sodomy". However, I've yet to see a reason that "sodomy" is bad.
President Clinton said that it was only fooling around - and not a sexual relation.

A poll of U.S. universities at the time said overwhelmingly that sodomy wasn't sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The word "sodomist" is also in the dictionary; it is not just a Christian word.
Please give us an example of a "Christian word" that is not in the dictionary.

Quote:
As for African-Americans, that is a different subject. They are a race; homosexuals are not.
Yeah, but there are races of homosexuals.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Please give us an example of a "Christian word" that is not in the dictionary.
What does that have to do with the subject?

Quote:
Yeah, but there are races of homosexuals
What???

Old 04-09-2009, 04:58 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
You want to know what I feel when I see a handsome man? Nothing! You want to know what I feel when I see a hot chick...a woody!!!
That simply means you were born heterosexual, nothing more.

Had you been born homosexual you would know that just as surely.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Not according to my Saviour, Jesus Christ. What Church do you go to?
Could you share with us exactly what Jesus said about homosexuals?

I would prefer a red-letter quote, if you would be so kind.

Thanks.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,937 times
I want to say something about Gay marriage!! Everyone can do whatever they want it. If gay people want to get married It Is Okay for me,go ahead and marry. That will never change anything in the world. I think that the poverty will still exsit everywhere.

People always listen to their own mind not yours, so we don't need to fight.
I really don't care who you sleep with behind the door.

In Egypt we don't have a problem like this one but I like to say my opinion in general.
In my life I accept all kinds of people and respect their desires and needs.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nope. Not majority rules at all. It starts with believing in God and his teachings. If that is not something you're interested in, so be it. But that does not negate what billions of people believe, and that is that there will be a Judgement day.
And the fact that billions of people believe does not prove that there will be a judgement day.

Again, I'm glad I don't believe in mythologies.

Quote:
But, if you want to put a majority rules component to it, then how do you reason that BILLIONS of people worldwide are somehow wrong?
I don't want to. Another commenter did. That's what I was questioning.

And billions of people can be wrong. Everyone thought the world was flat at one time. Truth is not a popularity contest.

I also think they are wrong because they cannot prove they are right.

Quote:
I'll put another twist on it. If you don't believe in God, then what year is it?
It's 2009. Is that a trick question?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its nice to know that these gay people put thier own selfish desires over that of the common good. Go ahead..call me a homophobe....I am not against gay people, in fact i know several as friends, but all this BS about "Gay marriage" is ridiculous. whats the big thrill over having a piece of paper? Does it really change anything? Will gay people love thier partner more? It seems like gay people dont care about shoving thier lifestyle down everyones throat. Because they are gay, everyone who is not MUST accept it 100%?
It would be a non-issue if all you homo-haters our there just let them live in peace, they wouldn't feel the need to "push it down your throats" (funny choice of words when talking about gay people)...

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can be against gay marriage because it has no direct effect on their lives. The thing is, marriage is more than just a piece of paper, it's also a powerful contract that has a lot of meaning in various legal areas, including insurance, hospital visitation and inheritance. Simply put, it's a lot more than just a piece of paper, it has numerous tax ramifications. Nobody is forcing your church to do anything, and I have no problem with the Baptist Church saying "we wont marry gays within our faith" because there are plenty of other sects of Christianity that will.

Nobody is forcing Gay marriage on you, by voting to support it I am not saying that you or your son MUST marry a man. I'm just giving the option to people who already have it tough enough (who wants to be a gay person with all the ridicule and hatred for them?), but by taking your position, you are FORCING Gays to live as you think they should. That's not America.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
It would be a non-issue if all you homo-haters our there just let them live in peace, they wouldn't feel the need to "push it down your throats" (funny choice of words when talking about gay people)...

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can be against gay marriage because it has no direct effect on their lives. The thing is, marriage is more than just a piece of paper, it's also a powerful contract that has a lot of meaning in various legal areas, including insurance, hospital visitation and inheritance. Simply put, it's a lot more than just a piece of paper, it has numerous tax ramifications. Nobody is forcing your church to do anything, and I have no problem with the Baptist Church saying "we wont marry gays within our faith" because there are plenty of other sects of Christianity that will.

Nobody is forcing Gay marriage on you, by voting to support it I am not saying that you or your son MUST marry a man. I'm just giving the option to people who already have it tough enough (who wants to be a gay person with all the ridicule and hatred for them?), but by taking your position, you are FORCING Gays to live as you think they should. That's not America.
I wonder how Christians would regard homosexual acts performed outside of a marriage relationship - especially if it were legal for gays to wed.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with the subject?

What???
Well sure - For instance some homosexuals are Caucasian, whilst others are Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies