Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tea Parties are spreading across America. Would YOU attend one?
Yes 84 54.19%
No 65 41.94%
Other 0 0%
Not Sure 6 3.87%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,634 times

Advertisements

I am attending the CHICAGO, ILLINOIS Tax Day Tea Party. Chicago is where it all began with one of my heroes, Rick Santelli of the Chicago Board of Trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
FOX News has been advertising the Tea Parties. This could turn out to be very big.

Why aren't the other stations carrying the news about the Tea Parties? What are they waitting for?
Maybe b/c they don't give out free advertising?

Old 04-11-2009, 03:11 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Default Can you give me a real tea bag please.

LOL>>>>>>roflmao///////////////HEHEHEHEHHEHHEHHEHEHHEHHEHE!

Tea Bag April 15, 2009.

Your party is dead.

No answers.

Cluelesss!

Dumb...

Old 04-11-2009, 03:14 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Taxation with out representation. Did you authorize or elect people to spend all this money? I didn't. My ideas are not being represented right now. They haven't been since I was of voting age. I am now at an age where I understand whats going on and I wish to change it. These tea parties are a mandate for change in the conservative representation of taxation starting in 2010. The presidential primaries went on for two years, just think of this as a kick off to the 2010 elections. Its just that we haven't found our worthy candidates yet.
That's why you don't vote for the person in your district if they didn't do what you liked.
Being unhappy with who you voted for, or who won against your preferences, is faaaaaaaaaar different than taxation without representation.
You vote for the person, not every specific law. Otherwise, every single person in the US would be in the house of representatives. Imagine daily votes on every issue.
If you don't like your rep, vote him/her out next time. That's democracy, not raxation without representation.
Comparing this to colonialism is utterly ridiculous.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:23 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
My state, Texas, is fine.(Outside of illegal immigration) The federal taxation is what I am at odds with. Hell the 16th amendment was never even fully ratified! Tell me how an illegal taxation, that started out at 1% for people making 250000(in todays money), went all the way up to 33%??? That what I'm paying. And for what? What strain have I put on the system? None. I have a 401k and other savings. I'm planning ahead, but why? To be hated for having and then further punished by the have nots? In the communist manifesto it states in the second plank...
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
That is what I am against! It is ridiculous to think that we pay what we do. The government is not a care giver. It should be a fraction of what it is today. How can you people not be the least bit worried about any of this?

What I see in place is not acceptable.
If you are against something, that's fine. but what does this have to do with a foreign country, or even our own country, taking taxes from us without allowing us to express ourselves politically through either votes or free speech. It has nothing to do with it.
You can spout whatever discredited BS about income taxes being illegal, be regardless, I'm sure if you took a poll of the American people they would not support a removal of them. If most people felt so strongly about this, they would have already rid of them. Because if someone felt this way, they would have voted someone into office against income taxes as a part of his/her platform.
We have representation !
Moderator cut: No insults
Other people voting differently than you would is not the same as you having no representation. It's called democracy! As much as I disliked the previous administration, I can't say I wasn't represented (unless I personally made the choice not to vote.)

Last edited by vec101; 04-11-2009 at 04:10 PM..

Old 04-11-2009, 03:59 PM

199 posts, read 712,526 times
Yes, I am attending the one here in Blair County, I was going to drive all the way to Pittsburgh until I found out there is one closer. I also believe that there is going to be a march on Washington in the next few months and I will be attending that also. I am not a sore loser, I just want to save the country that I grew up in for my grandkids. Sick of politicians, their lies, and their spending. Also, I don't want anyone apologizing for this proud American nor bowing to a foreign king.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrales View Post
Yes, I am attending the one here in Blair County, I was going to drive all the way to Pittsburgh until I found out there is one closer. I also believe that there is going to be a march on Washington in the next few months and I will be attending that also. I am not a sore loser, I just want to save the country that I grew up in for my grandkids. Sick of politicians, their lies, and their spending. Also, I don't want anyone apologizing for this proud American nor bowing to a foreign king.
Have heard there is a Tea Party in Washington on April 15.
Tax Day Tea Party » District of Columbia

Have heard rumors about a march on DC. Post if you hear a "for sure".

Old 04-11-2009, 04:40 PM

471 posts, read 587,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
If you are against something, that's fine. but what does this have to do with a foreign country(I dont know? What are you talking about?, or even our own country, taking taxes from us without allowing us to express ourselves politically through either votes or free speech. It has nothing to do with it.
You can spout whatever discredited BS about income taxes being illegal(see my first rebuttal), be regardless, I'm sure if you took a poll of the American people they would not support a removal of them. If most people felt so strongly about this, they would have already rid of them. Because if someone felt this way, they would have voted someone into office against income taxes as a part of his/her platform.
We have representation(HA! Thats a god one) !
Moderator cut: No insults
Other people voting differently than you would is not the same as you having no representation. It's called democracy! As much as I disliked the previous administration, I can't say I wasn't represented (unless I personally made the choice not to vote.)
It took 36 state ratify an amendment(at the time). 42 responded, 4 said no, 38 now. Texas and Louisiana had provisions in their state constitutions that prohibited the legislature from empowering the federal government with any additional taxing authority. Not to mention the fact that it was to be ratified as it was sent to each state. No changes. Yet a dozen states made changes. So far as to take the word income completely out of it! Or reverse its intent. If the courts deem something legal or illegal it can never be changed? Amendments either? Or need to be changed right? Funny that gay marriage, prohibition, and Roe V Wade come to mind so quickly.
resource 1 resource 2 resource 3 (http://www.thelawthatneverwas.com/new/home.asp - broken link)
And how in the world can you just assume that every likes the income tax? Maybe back when It was 1-7% it was bearable, but not now. I'm just as certain that if given the option of a simple, FAIR, non-progressive tax people would want that. At least the people who pay taxes would. I know how bout the FAIRTAX!

I voted for Bush in 04', he was my representation, yet he did everything to make me go cross eyed. He spent far to much. Not just the war either. Despite the fact that I voted for him, he still didn't reperesent my beliefs or millions of others. I know that we lost this time around for these very reasons. Like I stated in my preveous post you quoted...

Quote:
Taxation with out representation. Did you authorize or elect people to spend all this money? I didn't. My ideas are not being represented right now. They haven't been since I was of voting age. I am now at an age where I understand whats going on and I wish to change it. These tea parties are a mandate for change in the conservative representation of taxation starting in 2010. The presidential primaries went on for two years, just think of this as a kick off to the 2010 elections. Its just that we haven't found our worthy candidates yet.
Im going here to talk with like minded people about a real plan of action and change for my party. A return to conservatism.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:50 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
LOL>>>>>>roflmao///////////////HEHEHEHEHHEHHEHHEHEHHEHHEHE!

Tea Bag April 15, 2009.

Your party is dead.

No answers.

Cluelesss!

Dumb...
The people who are clueless and dumb are the ones who think this is about political parties. It's about clueless, dumb wasteful spending that you, your kids and your grandkids can't repay.

Pretty funny isn't it lolololololol

Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
FREEDOM AIN'T FREE

Please press on your computer's speakers

YouTube - American Tea Party Anthem (with words) by Lloyd Marcus

After hearing the song say how you like it or dislike it.

Nationwide Tax Day Tea Parties: Tax Day Tea Party Tax Day Tea Party
This music is catchy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies