Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna go with a D.

I give him a D because he pushed through an admittedly flawed stimulus bill and made the general public believe that the country would be in deep trouble if it didn't pass. He seems to be more concerned with how the world views him rather than what kind of shape we're in. I don't like Clinton as SoS. i think she was a poor pick and she has a personal agenda she wants to cram through (anti-2A mainly). She's constantly lying, or at the minimum distorting the truth, about the Mexican drug cartel violence. And I don't trust Geithner as far as I can throw him. Holder, too.

The only reason I didn't give him an F is because I don't want to have him repeat this grade again (re-election).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Have you ever been in school? Didn't you or your kids are getting grades for every assignment, or every quarter?

Just an excuse....
Yes I have a graduate degree in Business. You?

Obama's mid term grade comes out in the fall of 2010. Was civics covered on your GED exam?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 AM

170 posts, read 473,437 times
A Plus Plus. The ecomony is turning around. And he did it in a few short months. Amazing. He may be better than Clinton's ecomony. Time will tell. Just look at the difference between him and Bushie who took 1/3 of his office time on his ranch. Obama and his team have worked long and hard with many ideas. THe market believes in him now. At first it went south, but he even turned them around.
I see a lot of Texans here rating an F which is obvious jealousy as there native son Bushie screwed it up. Enjoy.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 AM

So you're telling me that Obama shows up, writes a few checks, bows to a king, and the economy is recovering because of that?

Old 04-12-2009, 07:48 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
So you're telling me that Obama shows up, writes a few checks, bows to a king, and the economy is recovering because of that?
Wells Fargo posting a very large quarterly proft seems material.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Wells Fargo posting a very large quarterly proft seems material.
While unemployment is still on the rise?

Its a tie at best.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarg View Post
A Plus Plus. The ecomony is turning around. And he did it in a few short months. Amazing. He may be better than Clinton's ecomony. Time will tell. Just look at the difference between him and Bushie who took 1/3 of his office time on his ranch. Obama and his team have worked long and hard with many ideas. THe market believes in him now. At first it went south, but he even turned them around.
I see a lot of Texans here rating an F which is obvious jealousy as there native son Bushie screwed it up. Enjoy.
The Market is up because Wells Frago is showing a profit, as it should with all the taxpayer money we've givin out

Clintons economy was so great thanks to this thing called a dot.com bubble remove that and no one would know how well the economy would have done.

Obama went on vacation twice in his 1st mth in office and 2 more times his 2nd mth in office that is 4 in 2 mths. Watch out chances are hes going to break Bushs record.

Obamas ideas arent his they are Fdrs spending money , How much work did they put in other then saying hey lets do what Fdr did but bigger
lol You think the economy is up due to Obama

Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 AM

52 posts, read 87,538 times
FFFFFFF.

As far as the stimulus bill, they should have just given every American a couple million and called it a day. Spending would have increased, people would have gotten out from under the debts. Banks would be happy becaue people were paying off their loans and so forth and so on. And it still would have cost less than the spending- I mean stimulus plan.

The POTUS should never have bowed to anyone. He didn't bow to the Queen. So why to anyone else? They are equals and he made it out to seem as if he were of lesser value. Way to make the leader of the free world look weak. It was ok for his wife to touch Queen Elizabeth which is a definite no-no, but it would have been wrong for him not to bow to someone?????? Am I missing something here or does that just seem rediculous? Yes it may have been his wife and not him, but she is his wife and that reflects on him. She is the first lady, she should have known better.

I don't feel he has done a great job at all. Where are they going to put the Gitmo detainees? No one wants 'em. Is he going to bring them onto US soil? Does anyone feel comfortable with having them in their backyard? Does anyone feel comfortable about letting the likes of the terrorists who were involved in 9/11 and the USS Cole bombing free? Well, too bad, because some have been and that is probably what they will do.

Enough ranting! :0)

Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 AM

324 posts, read 1,138,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I'll give him an incomplete for now.

Yep, I agree!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,055 times
Big whopping F! He earned it from all his lies and letting the congress run the country into the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies