U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,514,159 times

Advertisements

I heard that the recession is supposed to be ending this year. Honestly, I found it a bit too optimistic. What is your opinion? It is a very short article

The Ticker - Economists: Recession to End This Year, But Unemployment Will Hit Nearly 10% - Economy Watch *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
What did they do with that $55 trillion of toxic paper ?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 AM

4,072 posts, read 9,072,995 times
with unemployment rising and the housing market still going down, how is the economy gonna improve????

makes no sense. Companies bottom lines might be better, but thats it. nothing for the average man

Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 AM

563 posts, read 802,772 times
Recession? Remember how it took a year for them "educated" hi-ups who think they know everything "all them years of Stanford LMFAO and the like" that took them a year to say yes we have been in a recession for a year, that didn't know s***. I was calling for this during the peak of the "Real Estate" "bull s*** rise" of houses and how they doubled in money overnight and the dips***s that bought them.

This is part of a grand master plan and the sheeple bought into it hook line and sinker. Conspiracy-Absof'nlutely. If you want to hijack this country and collapse the dollar, they are doing a perfect job to the T.

And mostly everyone is sitting back saying nothing-Amazing

The Collapse is imminent and we've been in a depression for about 3-6 months now, and to think I never went to college and figured this hell coming all by myself. Amazing.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post

And mostly everyone is sitting back saying nothing-Amazing
They are sitting back waiting for all the promises Obama made to come true.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:01 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,371,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I heard that the recession is supposed to be ending this year. Honestly, I found it a bit too optimistic. What is your opinion? It is a very short article

The Ticker - Economists: Recession to End This Year, But Unemployment Will Hit Nearly 10% - Economy Watch *
Obamatrons will tell you it's true and Obama saved the world economy.
Republicans will tell you it's a bunch of crap.

I say ignore it and do what you gotta do to get ahead.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 AM

12,627 posts, read 18,175,587 times
Last year they were saying 2010 now I have heard 2012.........

Old 04-12-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Last year they were saying 2010 now I have heard 2012.........
No, it's been changed again. WH economists say 2H09 now..we should be seeing an upturn any day now.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 AM

14,547 posts, read 17,559,867 times
With the next wave of forclosures on the way and worse than the last, commerical real estate dropping fast, and the credit market ready to go just how is this supposed to be? People forget that within depressions/recessions there are waves. This "improvement" is creative bookeeping and a ripple.

Oh yeah, that, be happy and believe stuff.... I saw the tail end of Oprah the other day. This person was telling people how not to be over stressed in this time. He said don't listen to all the doomsayers. She added just listen to the president.

Since most people don't read reports about credit markets and realestate and the like, and probably don't even understand what a toxic asset is, they are happily existing in dreamland and spending a bit more. When the next bubbles go pop and things go into a worse freefall I really really hope they wake up and think, but sadly don't think they will. The government doesn't use the unemployment index that takes into account those who want to work, have lost benefits, and can't find it and those underemployed so they can't spend money at the mall and might have to choose between food and utilities.... and that one is not at 18 percent.

Ignore wall street. Look at the way your neighbors are doing, how much you can afford and how many people you know who are out of work and base it on that. That is what it really means to you.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM

19,872 posts, read 22,795,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
The Collapse is imminent and we've been in a depression for about 3-6 months now, and to think I never went to college and figured this hell coming all by myself. Amazing.
Yeah, imagine that.

LOL

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies