Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM

36,835 posts, read 18,837,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Bottom line is if the dirtbag hadn't pulled a gun he wouldn't have been shot by the guy concealing. He would still be alive if he'd stayed at home on the couch.

And the neat part is, since it happened in S.C., both the perp and the CWP holder could have purchased their weapons at the same gun show.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,939,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
And the neat part is, since it happened in S.C., both the perp and the CWP holder could have purchased their weapons at the same gun show.
...and I may get killed by a head on collision on my way to work.

Your point?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:46 PM

36,835 posts, read 18,837,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
...and I may get killed by a head on collision on my way to work.

Your point?
Since when do you need a point to post here?

If you insist.

The perp was too young to own a gun, but since the "private sellers" can operate at the gun show with no ID or background checks and no paperwork, he could have bought his gun "legally" from a "private seller" at a gun show at the fairgrounds, possibly from the same seller as the CWP holder. I'm waiting to see where he got his gun.

Other than that, no point at all.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:16 PM

23,515 posts, read 23,854,370 times
Quote:
The perp was too young to own a gun, ... he could have bought his gun "legally" from a "private seller" at a gun show
No, he couldn't have. You said it yourself - he was too young to own a gun. Therefore, existing law - if it were simply enforced - would have kept the underage buyer from buying a gun.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,809,727 times
Quote:
Since when do you need a point to post here?

If you insist.

The perp was too young to own a gun, but since the "private sellers" can operate at the gun show with no ID or background checks and no paperwork, he could have bought his gun "legally" from a "private seller" at a gun show at the fairgrounds, possibly from the same seller as the CWP holder. I'm waiting to see where he got his gun.

Other than that, no point at all.
It is illegal to sell a handgun to someone under 21 I believe....

Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 PM

52,230 posts, read 34,001,607 times
great story. one the anti-gunners claim 'never happens.'

here's another that didn't happen:

Quote:
On Saturday near 5 p.m., a person described by police as a man in his 70s had just exited Maine Street restaurant (on Jos. Campau) and got into his car. That’s when 17-year-old Tyree Bentley of Detroit approached the man, pointed a gun at him and ordered him out of his car, police say.

Once out of the car, Bentley still aimed his gun at the man and then ordered him to hand over his jacket.

At this point, the man, who once worked for the Detroit Police Reserves, fired his own gun at Bentley, striking him three times.

Bentley attempted to run away but was apprehended by police.

He was arraigned on a felony charge of carjacking, and more charges are expected to be filed. He is in Detroit Receiving Hospital in stable condition. Bentley was shot in the back, neck and chest. He suffered a collapsed lung. His bond was set at $100,000.

Police declined to identify the carjacking victim. The man had a license to carry a concealed weapon. (http://www.hamtramckcitizen.com/news/carjacking-suspect-survives-shooting - broken link)

Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM

40,932 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
great story. one the anti-gunners claim 'never happens.'

here's another that didn't happen:
OMG, that poor kid. How is he going to support his 3 illegitimate kids with all those bullet holes in him ? If that Ex Cop had not shot him I'm positive he would have seen the light and repented his ways.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM

52,230 posts, read 34,001,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OMG, that poor kid. How is he going to support his 3 illegitimate kids with all those bullet holes in him ? If that Ex Cop had not shot him I'm positive he would have seen the light and repented his ways.
i'm sure you're correct. the poor, misunderstood child...

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,463,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
That is such a cute little story. Now we got dry drunks running around with guns.

Let them be. They're stage 5 clingers..

Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,463,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This ones been beaten to death, and even "gun nuts'() like me, agree this father and 'range master' should have been horsewhipped at the least. How bout them numbers for kids killed on ATV's? Pretty big digits there. A lot bigger than gun accidents, Ain't ATV's wonderful?. Stupidity is not limited to the shooting world, regardless of what you believe.
You started off ok but veered of course as usual..To start comparing accidents to deliberate actions is juvenile and cheapened your initial statement. I guess you didn't want to disappoint your clinging buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies