Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,939,106 times

Advertisements

I have no life either, I guess. But I still think that Beck is a blow-hard and his show is a continual comedy of errors. Also , he has horrible reaction time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,962 times
I guess what I see is that he noticed a problem early on and asked if he was ok....with his push to keep rattling on. He saw there was a problem but was caughtt between doing his job na d providing assistance... It is pretty pathetic the twits in the studio have to be directed to act. Not mucch independent thinking there... oh is this off of faux network? that would explain it.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:22 AM

870 posts, read 1,621,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I have no life either, I guess. But I still think that Beck is a blow-hard and his show is a continual comedy of errors. Also , he has horrible reaction time
i guess if he said he was passing out in front of obama he would have magically pulled a king sized mattress out of his butt to catch his fall with wouldn't he?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:17 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,165,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
i guess if he said he was passing out in front of obama he would have magically pulled a king sized mattress out of his butt to catch his fall with wouldn't he?
That's just compassionate conservatism at its best. Hell Glenn Beck didn't tell the guy to be sick. It isn't Beck's problem if the guy can't take care of himself. What do you think that was the set of the Nanny.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,336,559 times
I don't know either person but I have to say that its ODD for a person to say "I'm passing out" with little or no sign of something being wrong. I suspect the guy doing the reporting didn't really GET what he meant until he started going down and maybe even then thought it was a joke.

I to wonder what happened to him.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 AM

870 posts, read 1,621,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
That's just compassionate conservatism at its best. Hell Glenn Beck didn't tell the guy to be sick. It isn't Beck's problem if the guy can't take care of himself. What do you think that was the set of the Nanny.
dude...he grabbed his hand and stopped him from free falling onto the ground. what else was he supposed to do? geez....you liberals sure are a strange breed.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,165,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
dude...he grabbed his hand and stopped him from free falling onto the ground. what else was he supposed to do? geez....you liberals sure are a strange breed.
Yea like a chair would have been to much to ask for. I seen the limp-wristed hand that Beck held out, what the hell was that supposed to do.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,602,094 times
Blah Blah Blah.....Has anyone even tried to put themselves in Glenn Becks shoes at that particular time? Yeah he seemed a little caught off guard and confused, WHO WOULDN'T? But once he realized something was wrong he remained calm and told his staff to get some help.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,200,545 times
Really, didn't know so many people watched Glenn Beck. No wonder CNN and MSOlbermannMatthews are on the skids.

I was focusing on computer work but I heard the guy mutter 'I'm passing out'... or whatever the words were. I thought to myself... he's representing a view to the loss of financial sectors as being discussed at the time. Not until he went into a loss of physical control did I suspect he was actually passing out.

A first rule of being on the stage (or cam, or teleprompter) is to not show reaction to some adverse event taking place around you. Obviously, Beck is not a licensed medic and couldn't render medical aid.

The producer, or whoever sits in the control room and directs cameras and action, should have kept the cam off the passing out guy and have gotten emergency assistance.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,442 times
Red face Glenn Beck

I am sure Glenn is under a lot of pressure to complete his show in a specified amount of time. It was hard to hear what Mr. Buckner was saying. It is easier for listeners because he has a microphone on, which we can hear. I am sure Glenn had an earphone in, with the network queing him, staff, etc. As soon as he knew he was going to faint, he tried to assist him. He knew that he was sick earlier and was probably trying to quickly get through the show for Mr. Buckner's sake and still give him some dignity. He is not an "EMT."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies