Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,159 times

Advertisements

{crickets}

No, seriously folks. This needs to be laid out on the table.

WHAT has this man that you love so much accomplished while in office?

First, let me define the word "Accomplishment"....

ac·com·plish·ment /əˈkɒmplɪʃmənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-kom-plish-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1.an act or instance of carrying into effect; fulfillment: the accomplishment of our desires. 2.something done admirably or creditably: Space exploration is a major accomplishment of science. 3.anything accomplished; deed; achievement: a career measured in a series of small accomplishments. 4.Often, accomplishments. a.a grace, skill, or knowledge expected in polite society. b.any acquired ability or knowledge.

Let's hear it folks. Don't throw out "national security" either.
I'll refute that now, just in case...

1. We HAVE had small attacks carried out by individuals. Check the news archives.

2. We had an attack in 1993 on the World Trade Center. It was 8 years before we had another attack on American soil. All of you claim Clinton did nothing with regard to terrorism, so if doing nothing buys you 8 years, Bush hasn't accomplished anything yet.

3. Our borders are still WIDE OPEN. Mexico may as well be our 51st state at this point.

4. A flight attendant just made it on a plane WITH A GUN!! I'm betting she didn't hide it in her shoes.

5. A NINE year old managed to fly half way around the country a few months ago WITHOUT A BOARDING PASS!

6. You can't bring a bottle of soda past airport security, but when you get that Coke from the flight attendant, ASK for the can instead of the cup. She'll give it to you. Now finish the Coke, crush the can, and see how easy it is to tear it in half. That's right folks, they SUPPLY you with weapons. No need to bring your own.

There is no "national security", only the myth of national security perpetuated by the inconveniences you and I experience when flying every day.

So, what has he accomplished?

~TT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 07:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
WHAT has this man that you love so much accomplished while in office?

Didnt he say once at a press conference, it was because he married Laura?.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,104 times
The Chinese love him.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
The Chinese love him.
LOL, great timing. I got my belly laugh for the day. Thanks GBG.

These folks must think I'm just looking to start a debate. Well, lol, I am, but....

Maybe I was away on business the day Bush....

1. Tackled rising health care costs
2. Dealt with the excessive off-shoring by US corporations, or as I like to call it, the employment deficit.
3. Secured our borders
4. Called the CDC on the carpet for the alarming rates of Autism
5. Found WMD in Iraq
6. Called educators on the carpet to explain why we're trailing the world in educating our young
7. Provided federal aid for Katrina, WHEN they needed it most
8. Cleared the national debt which he has grown from a surplus to astronomical proportions
9. Oh jeez, lol, I need a stenographer. WHAT has he accomplished?

~TT

Old 03-31-2007, 07:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Maybe I was away on business the day Bush....
<<big snip>>
9. Oh jeez, lol, I need a stenographer. WHAT has he accomplished?

~TT

Pay attention

He's created more conflict within the American public than in any time since the Vietnam war.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,115,902 times
Bush provided me with a lowered electrical bill: the day he was appointed, I turned off my television and never turned it on again--it probably saved me quite a few dollars.

Last edited by ontheroad; 03-31-2007 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: changed word

Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Lightbulb true

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Pay attention

He's created more conflict within the American public than in any time since the Vietnam war.
And also agree with the next post.

I guess since Hurricane Katrina, when I watched him lumber onto the camera with his purposeful (less) -ness, and I became physically sick for the first time since 9/11, I knew it was time to stop believing tv news altogether.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Pay attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Bush provided me with a lowered electrical bill: the day he was appointed, I turned off my television and never turned it on again--it probably saved me quite a few days.

Agreed.

I don't understand it. I know we have quite a few Bush supporters on this board.

Surely they can point to some DEFINITIVE accomplishments?

Well, I don't think they can, and I KNOW they're reading this.

So, I urge you people, consider this question when supporting a candidate in 2008 who has views that are closely aligned with that of George Bush. You have no excuse now, you should learn from your mistakes while this country still has time to recover.

..and NO, that doesn't necessarily mean you should vote for Hillary.

~T

Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,207,686 times
He read to school children.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Bush provided me with a lowered electrical bill: the day he was appointed, I turned off my television and never turned it on again--it probably saved me quite a few dollars.

LMAO, that's a good one. When his face shows up on TV I either leave the room or change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies