Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

[quote=NorthGAbound12;17610536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What was "smug" about anything that poster said? Nothing, it's a inborn victim mentality that minorities carry around, an inferiority complex.

Also, why shouldn't minorities conform to majority social mores? Especially immigrants. I wouldn't presume to move to Germany and change Germanic traditions and not learn German.
You've got a problem with your logic here; the traditions of black people in this country are just as American as, if not more than, the traditions of whites. Who are you, or anyone else, to discount that? You do realize that blacks in the USA speak the same language as whites..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
A group's status as a numerical majority in a given setting does not immunize them from harmful discrimination, as the case of apartheid-era South Africa (and numerous colonies that were never "demographically conquered,") demonstrates. However, whites are not subject to formal or institutional discrimination in the U.S. Constituent ethnic groups that are considered "white" (Irish, Italians, etc.) have been subject to institutional discrimination, but "whites" as a whole never have in the U.S., and to my awareness, never have in the entire world, with Zimbabwe a possible exception. Institutional racism involves hierarchical stratification, and the ability of a given ethnic group or groups to systematically assert dominance over another or others.
Makes sense, though I wouldn't even use Zimbabwe because the white population there still has economic power disoproportionate to its numbers.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
[quote=Lucario;17610723]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

You've got a problem with your logic here; the traditions of black people in this country are just as American as, if not more than, the traditions of whites. Who are you, or anyone else, to discount that? You do realize that blacks in the USA speak the same language as whites..............
Yes but you were the one that said something to the effect of "you expect us to conform to your mores." Implying that black mores are different than whites and that blacks shouldn't conform to white mores, instead it should be vice versa.

Also, how the traditions of black be "more American" than whites?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Grow up, will ya?
You said that someone needed to "beat some sense" into me or some BS.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:03 PM

[quote=NorthGAbound12;17610851]
Quote:
Yes but you were the one that said something to the effect of "you expect us to conform to your mores." Implying that black mores are different than whites and that blacks shouldn't conform to white mores, instead it should be vice versa.

Also, how the traditions of black be "more American" than whites?
The culture of white immigrants was not under siege when they came here like that of blacks. Whites were allowed to speak their own language, worship the way they wanted to, live their lives the way they wanted to. Black people had no such luxury. Their language, religion, even names, identities, were taken. We formed a culture right here in America. White folks' culture is immigrant culture adapted to America. Black folks' culture is a new culture created in America from scraps. Outside of Native Americans, African Americans are, in many ways, the truest of Americans.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
You said that someone needed to "beat some sense" into me or some BS.
In addition to a clue, I see you need some remedial reading help as well.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This "former classmate" told you all about his financial aid and finances?
Really?
Yes. I asked him how much school costs for him and he said several thousand per semester. This was for a private school.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
In addition to a clue, I see you need some remedial reading help as well.
Sorry didn't want to go back and reread your garbage post.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 AM

[quote=Lucario;17611037]
Quote:

The culture of white immigrants was not under siege when they came here like that of blacks. Whites were allowed to speak their own language, worship the way they wanted to, live their lives the way they wanted to. Black people had no such luxury. Their language, religion, even names, identities, were taken. We formed a culture right here in America. White folks' culture is immigrant culture adapted to America. Black folks' culture is a new culture created in America from scraps. Outside of Native Americans, African Americans are, in many ways, the truest of Americans.
Ha hard for me to take the whole blacks "are the REAL 'murricans" schtick when you refer to yourselves as AFRICAN-Americans. Drop the hyphenated PC BS then get back to me about how whitey is un-American and blacks are the only true Americans.

http://mixtapes.thatcrack.com/-BLOOD%20RAW/THE%20REAL%20AMERICAN%20GANGSTAZ/front.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Ha hard for me to take the whole blacks "are the REAL 'murricans" schtick when you refer to yourselves as AFRICAN-Americans. Drop the hyphenated PC BS then get back to me about how whitey is un-American and blacks are the only true Americans.
Everything you've posted in this thread is garbage, but I give you props for your feeble attempt at concealing your enormous disgust for black people. I'm sure it was very difficult for you. Why bother posting pictures of rappers? Why not just come out and admit that you think black people are lazy thugs who have had everything handed to them?

Better yet, why not head over to Stormfront where you can commiserate with your fellow white supremacists about the terrible blight of the Negro in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies