U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,936 posts, read 11,342,328 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You are right. I do believe that MSNBC is much more distorted than Fox News could ever be though. I will admit that at least CNN has Lou Dobbs and do make some, not all of course, independent type interviews, but they went to much to the liberal left side that I was shocked because they used to be more independent.
After watching CNN exclusively for over 10 years (I couldn't get any other 24/7 channels) I found that they were leaning more and more left from the beginning of the war in Iraq up to today. In fact, I have emailed them that they are on my personal ignore list for the deal that their "reporter" Roesgen pulled without any punishment by them. They have gone more and more left and in fact right now they are behind Fox, MSNBC, HLN in order. They seemed to think that going that direction would work out so well for them and they have killed themselves. I will miss Loud Dobbs and Christianne Armenpour but there is too much crap to accept outside them for me.
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,936 posts, read 11,342,328 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There were several Republican politicians who spoke at the Denver Tea Party. In addition to reviling Obama, they reviled Gov. Ritter, a dem.

5,000 attend tax-day 'tea party' at state Capitol : State and West : Boulder Daily Camera (http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/15/tax-day-tea-party-gets-underway-denver/ - broken link)
Hasn't the good governor supported every twist turn of the Obamas?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Moose Jaw, in between the Moose's butt and nose.
4,369 posts, read 3,754,652 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
One bright spot, out of hundreds of thousands signs that mentioned hateful things about Obama, does not mean that in the overall sense, these were Obama hate rallies, not "tea parties."
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,831 posts, read 3,873,789 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
The truth is that these protest were about partisan politics along with principle. There is no denying that some people showed up to tout their party's line while others showed up over principle.

What is disturbing is the lack of integrity in the media. Right-wing outlets will praise the tea party success on principle while ignoring obvious blatant signs that were just bashing Obama, while the left-wing media outlets will turn the tea parties into protests of racism and hate without showing the least bit of concern of the lack of fiscal discipline in Washington that is happening currently along with the past 8 years.
So true, but unfortunately we are so polarized now that most people can't take off the Party Hat long enough to see that they are being duped. This is exactly where the 2 parties and the media want them. It guarantees them that one or the other will always have control over the people. It really is a shame and a sham.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,641 posts, read 2,743,844 times
Reputation: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
So true, but unfortunately we are so polarized now that most people can't take off the Party Hat long enough to see that they are being duped. This is exactly where the 2 parties and the media want them. It guarantees them that one or the other will always have control over the people. It really is a shame and a sham.
Thank you...thank you...thank you for posting truth. I just wish the partisan hacks could realize that they are being used and nothing else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,936 posts, read 11,342,328 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
With regard to spending it is all part of the same stew. Without the gargantuin spending increases Congressional Budget Office - Home Page there would be no need for tax increases etc. With this huge deficit if you confiscated the wealth of the top 5% you wouldn't come close to reducing it. Everyone will be paying for this, there is simply not enough money in the top 5% to make a dent in this. Also you and everyone else will be hit with cap and trade which will be a very destructive tax.

Again, liberals will come in for the lions share of comment because they overwhelmingly voted for the stimulus, bailouts etc. But Republicans who voted with them are also targets of their anger.
You are making too much sense with all your posts. I watched every bit of those things on Fox from 3:00 to closing time and didn't see just any one bit of our government being protested other than the Congress and the President. What else is there besides the whole bureaucracy that the pols have created? I have never seen anyone post a picture of the middle aged woman with the sign that read, this time we came unarmed, well those are the words, anyway. I wonder if anyone in the government can manage to understand things like that. I wonder if the Congress, those who voted against their constituents wishes and those who didn't try hard enough to stop that porkulis bill from being passed who really have any idea what happened that day.

I am in favor of the second big one being on July 4. That day many who had to work all day will have the day off and can attend and show their revulsion with what is going on. I will be pushing on the internet for that day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,892 posts, read 8,039,058 times
Reputation: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
One bright spot, out of hundreds of thousands signs that mentioned hateful things about Obama, does not mean that in the overall sense, these were Obama hate rallies, not "tea parties."

Again, I sure there were not 100,000 of hateful signs, there were porbably not 10's of hateful signs. The left and right must understand that dissent does not equal hate.

You really must step out of your comfort zone, visit media that doesn't reinforce your point of view. You might learn something.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
 
1,596 posts, read 1,600,926 times
Reputation: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
After watching CNN exclusively for over 10 years (I couldn't get any other 24/7 channels) I found that they were leaning more and more left from the beginning of the war in Iraq up to today. In fact, I have emailed them that they are on my personal ignore list for the deal that their "reporter" Roesgen pulled without any punishment by them. They have gone more and more left and in fact right now they are behind Fox, MSNBC, HLN in order. They seemed to think that going that direction would work out so well for them and they have killed themselves. I will miss Loud Dobbs and Christianne Armenpour but there is too much crap to accept outside them for me.
Do you feel that the FOX reporters were more professional and impartial in their reporting of the tea parties? Have you not seen this report where the stimulus bills were declared by the "reporter" to be "fascism" and we are asked "when are we going to wake up America?' Why are you not AT LEAST equally as ouraged about this? Maybe you are. I would hope so, because in comparison to the reporter from CNN, he is further out of bounds by a mile.


YouTube - Fox News Tea Party Reporter: Fight The Fascism!
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Location: North Side of Indy, IN
1,964 posts, read 1,520,777 times
Reputation: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Do you feel that the FOX reporters were more professional and impartial in their reporting of the tea parties? Have you not seen this report where the stimulus bills were declared by the "reporter" to be "fascism" and we are asked "when are we going to wake up America?' Why are you not AT LEAST equally as ouraged about this? Maybe you are. I would hope so, because in comparison to the reporter from CNN, he is further out of bounds by a mile.


YouTube - Fox News Tea Party Reporter: Fight The Fascism!
Exactly. Either that Fox News reporter has no clue what fascism actually is (probable) and he was just repeating a catch-phrase he heard from one of his right-wing cohorts, or he was blatantly out of line in declaring the stimulus bills to be fascist during a nationally-televised "news" report.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,892 posts, read 8,039,058 times
Reputation: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Do you feel that the FOX reporters were more professional and impartial in their reporting of the tea parties? Have you not seen this report where the stimulus bills were declared by the "reporter" to be "fascism" and we are asked "when are we going to wake up America?' Why are you not AT LEAST equally as ouraged about this? Maybe you are. I would hope so, because in comparison to the reporter from CNN, he is further out of bounds by a mile.


YouTube - Fox News Tea Party Reporter: Fight The Fascism!
I disagree she was partisan, he was not. Do your research, visit media that doesn't reinforce your views. Expand your horizons!

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/20...hole-meor-you/

Last edited by shorebaby; 04-18-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top