U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM

28,784 posts, read 9,463,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Sign seen in the video...

Elephants and Asses screwing the masses!

Nice rhyme!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:36 PM

19,891 posts, read 9,509,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Nice rhyme!

Now that is accurate and bipartisan!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 PM

70,109 posts, read 60,752,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
6 posters out of a million people, you can even possibly be that naive.
Quote:
Again, I sure there were not 100,000 of hateful signs, there were porbably not 10's of hateful signs. The left and right must understand that dissent does not equal hate.

You really must step out of your comfort zone, visit media that doesn't reinforce your point of view. You might learn something.
1. You two are saying the same thing that many said by others on other forums. Was that part of the talking points you all got from FOX? " (Insert number here) of posters out of (insert made up number here, make it larger every time), does not mean this was anti-Obama". Repeat until you believe it yourself.

2. I would suggest some of the righties taking their own advice about getting out of their comfort zones. (Such psychobabble from a conservative, lol!)

Old 04-18-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
1. You two are saying the same thing that many said by others on other forums. Was that part of the talking points you all got from FOX? " (Insert number here) of posters out of (insert made up number here, make it larger every time), does not mean this was anti-Obama". Repeat until you believe it yourself.

2. I would suggest some of the righties taking their own advice about getting out of their comfort zones. (Such psychobabble from a conservative, lol!)
Yikes that is what passes for argument? You couldn't have said liar liar pants on fire? Do you have any response to the substance?

There is a link disproving your thesis yet you still insist it is not true. Strange.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Yikes that is what passes for argument? You couldn't have said liar liar pants on fire? Do you have any response to the substance?

There is a link disproving your thesis yet you still insist it is not true. Strange.
What link are you talking about? I'm just reporting what I'm seeing on the various threads. Some joker on a state thread said give an example of racism at the rallies; I posted some pictures and I got a response similar to BigJon's. It made me wonder if this wasn't a talking point from the community organizer, FOX News.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What link are you talking about? I'm just reporting what I'm seeing on the various threads. Some joker on a state thread said give an example of racism at the rallies; I posted some pictures and I got a response similar to BigJon's. It made me wonder if this wasn't a talking point from the community organizer, FOX News.
You are all over the place, my response was to someone talking about hateful signs I gave them the benefit of the doubt by saying maybe 10's, I doubt that many honestly. People on the left and right view discussion that disagrees with them as hate speech. They tend to have a very low threshhold when they are the object of the speech but not so much when their side is doing the talking. Do you get so worked up about hateful signs at Code Pink rallys (I don't because this type of thing undermines the cause)?

Tell me what you think of this? Nothing close to this vile stuff at the Tea Parties.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2009/04/18/huffpo-offended-by-tea-parties

Now you are throwing in racism I saw no evidence of it. Please tell me what signs were racist and hateful.

I probably was that joker by the way, beacause I haven't seen any racism. Go look. Yeah I am part of a vast right wing conspiracy!

Last edited by shorebaby; 04-18-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-18-2009, 08:08 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,051,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Nice rhyme!
OMG!! I love it and so much truth!

Old 04-18-2009, 08:30 PM

14,423 posts, read 13,745,458 times
Plenty of lefties at the tea party here in Vermont...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Plenty of lefties at the tea party here in Vermont...

But that can't be, the Huffington Post, MSNBC, Daily Kos said it was ginned up by Fox!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You are all over the place, my response was to someone talking about hateful signs I gave them the benefit of the doubt by saying maybe 10's, I doubt that many honestly. People on the left and right view discussion that disagrees with them as hate speech. They tend to have a very low threshhold when they are the object of the speech but not so much when their side is doing the talking. Do you get so worked up about hateful signs at Code Pink rallys (I don't because this type of thing undermines the cause)?

Tell me what you think of this? Nothing close to this vile stuff at the Tea Parties.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2009/04/18/huffpo-offended-by-tea-parties

Now you are throwing in racism I saw no evidence of it. Please tell me what signs were racist and hateful.

I probably was that joker by the way, beacause I haven't seen any racism. Go look. Yeah I am part of a vast right wing conspiracy!
No, it wasn't you. I just wanted to protect their privacy a little, since they're not on this thread. I will quote two posts you will have to click on, b/c I can't get the pictures to copy. They are evidence of racsim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I thought Garfalo was right on point..the tea parties were set up by the all white party and promoted by their media propaganda arm..Faux News. There's a notable lack of diversity in the pictures of the tea parties..plus racism was evident..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies