U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-18-2009, 01:22 PM

19,891 posts, read 9,485,906 times

Advertisements

Please look at this.

Hot Air Blog Archive Video: GOP rep who voted for TARP booed mercilessly at tea party
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM

35,000 posts, read 23,223,702 times
Classic! What a mess.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Classic! What a mess.

I am not sure I would describe it as a mess what I would say is that people are fed up with the crazy taxing and spending in Washington, no matter which side is doing it. The Tea parties are not a Republican construct.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,046,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am not sure I would describe it as a mess what I would say is that people are fed up with the crazy taxing and spending in Washington, no matter which side is doing it. The Tea parties are not a Republican construct.
You are correct, but the liberals who want to HATE anyone who disagrees with them can only post the rhetoric that comes from their leaders, since they can't think for themselves.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You are correct, but the liberals who want to HATE anyone who disagrees with them can only post the rhetoric that comes from their leaders, since they can't think for themselves.

I think that is true but the main stream media, and the alternate media John Stewart et al are as bad as the partisans you find on a site like this. It is getting increasingly hard to find the straight story on any topic because virtually every news outlet has a paritsan tilt. I am sure there are people on this site who watch MSNBC and John Stewart exclusively and that is why they don't umnderstand the Tea parties. As well as people who watch FOX exclusively and don't understand where hte left is coming from. All information is becoming increasingly distorted.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:52 PM

1,832 posts, read 1,446,769 times
Quote:

I've never heard anybody but the Republicans make that claim. They were mostly protesting the Democratic legislative agenda. So this proves the people who said the Teabags were Republican stealyh anti-Obama rallies to be correct (if it proves anything).

Old 04-18-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I think that is true but the main stream media, and the alternate media John Stewart et al are as bad as the partisans you find on a site like this. It is getting increasingly hard to find the straight story on any topic because virtually every news outlet has a paritsan tilt. I am sure there are people on this site who watch MSNBC and John Stewart exclusively and that is why they don't umnderstand the Tea parties. As well as people who watch FOX exclusively and don't understand where hte left is coming from. All information is becoming increasingly distorted.
You are right. I do believe that MSNBC is much more distorted than Fox News could ever be though. I will admit that at least CNN has Lou Dobbs and do make some, not all of course, independent type interviews, but they went to much to the liberal left side that I was shocked because they used to be more independent.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
I've never heard anybody but the Republicans make that claim. They were mostly protesting the Democratic legislative agenda. So this proves the people who said the Teabags were Republican stealyh anti-Obama rallies to be correct (if it proves anything).

I must confess I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
NO, they were not. You really need to get off your partisan butt and read and watch other news perspectives. The teap parties were all about the spending from both sides. They can't help it that Obama and the Dems decided to up the anti of spending to a ridiculous amount all for partisan politics, and not for the good of the country. That goes for the idiot Pubs who think that their spending is just ok.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I must confess I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say.
He is trying so desperately to place the blame on nothing but Republicans and how they hate poor little Obama and all. he is nothing but a partisan kool-aid drinker and nothing more and it is also why his post is so difficult to understand. Public education at its best, ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies