Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 07:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
My understanding is that it was the worst land in the region. Mostly sandy desert that wouldn't support agriculture. The Arabs got the much more valuable fertile farm lands.
I've read the opposite from Arab sources like Edward Said, but I'm in no position to evaluate that. But the Jews got the built-up urbanized areas where they had tended to settle, there's no debate about that.

Quote:
Ok, well that's enough to say they didn't "steal" all of Israel.
Land ownership and political jurisdiction are not the same thing. In any other case, it would be considered bad form, to say the least, for a group consisting overwhelmingly of immigrant refugees to declare independence in any part of their adopted homeland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I've read the opposite from Arab sources like Edward Said, but I'm in no position to evaluate that. But the Jews got the built-up urbanized areas where they had tended to settle, there's no debate about that.
Tell me more. Which cities? Who built them up? I'd be interested in knowing more about that.

Quote:
Land ownership and political jurisdiction are not the same thing. In any other case, it would be considered bad form, to say the least, for a group consisting overwhelmingly of immigrant refugees to declare independence in any part of their adopted homeland.
Well, that's your version of the story. I believe the Jewish version of the story is that the Arabs were squatting there until the Jews returned to claim what was theirs all along.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Careful there, you're spinning your dribble so fast that you're confusing yourself. First you say that Jews ethnically cleansed Israel. Then you go on to point out there is a sizeable non-Jewish population there. That is a PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE NONSENSE YOU SPOUT.

There is simply no point in arguing with a person who hates Jews and believes that Israel shouldn't exist. But hey, please continue to wave your banner of hate.
Not to mention the statement "they stole it"... Well to that I say who was there first and who got what stolen from them? The israelites were there since the begining and were driven out. Damn that history anyway!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:10 PM

236 posts, read 387,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
No excitement here big guy! This conversation isn't exactly that stimulating, imo. I just feel the responsibility tell you when your full of ****.
Oh, thank you then! It's a pleasure to read your posts!)))

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
Oh, thank you then! It's a pleasure to read your posts!)))
Likewise my overseas friend!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 PM

236 posts, read 387,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Likewise my overseas friend!
So, there is nothing left, I think, but hugs and tears!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Quick reminder folks, the topic here is

Israel ready to bomb Iran..

Lets not regress too far yet again into the history of who threw the first rock, Israel or Iran nor make this discussion about each other.

carry on.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Bumping this thread from over 4 years ago for perspective. Enjoy!

Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
That you for reminding us that Israel is preparing to bomb Iran.

Quite frankly I wish they would drop a bomb over there. Not in any populated area but in as desert or wilderness area ... just to demonstrate to the Iranians they are capable of doing. No, I do not want to see any innocent people killed.

A strong Israel in the Middle East is in the best interests of the United States.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,855 times
This topic has been discussed at length on this forum. Israel does not have the combat radius to attack Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies