Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

why wait til they nuke you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 02:46 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
There's a huge difference that most people seem to ignore.

Israel is NOT threatening to annihilate Iran, and wipe it off the face of the earth, just because they don't like Iran.

The President of Iran has constantly said - along with the entirety of the Muslim world - that he wants to annihilate Israel. And we think they're joking?

Whether or not we like Israel, or like Jews, or agree with how the modern state of Israel came to be, Israel DOES have the sovereign right to defend itself.
I agree completely.

If Mexico or Canada was talking the same shyt that Iran has been spouting for years, do you honestly think we'd sit back and let them develop a nuclear bomb??

If Israel took care of business and destroyed Iran's nuclear plants. Then so be it.

BTW when Iranian government meets they supposedly start their meetings of with a chant of "Death to America."

Don't know if that is true, but certainly doesn't sound all the far fetched.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Israel been ready to bomb them. Will some one tip me off when they do so I can celebrate? While they have fighter jets in the air full of ordinance they should just finish off the rest of those trouble maker countries.
I'm joining the party

Old 04-19-2009, 03:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Why do I get the feeling Israel missed the opportunity during GW's eight long years...................

I think Olmert ruined it. Netanyahu should have taken office immediately after Sharon stepped down.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Exactly!

I'm not one to vote for aggression, but if some one is building bombs to wipe your people off the map, blowing up the bomb sites is not unwarranted. Do we really want to wait till they do it, and say to the survivors "Oh, we didn't think they would actually go through with it".
This is similar to the Hamas/Gaza Strip situation of last year.

Hamas was relentlessly lobbing rockets into Israeli civilian neighborhoods. But somehow, Israel was the bad guy when they went into Gaza and took out the installments where they were shooting rockets from.

Go figure.

Also, if all the non-Israeli middle Easterners are such loving brothers, why did Egypt deny entrance to Palestinian refugees? Why weren't the people of Gaza allowed into other Muslim countries?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:37 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
Well, Jordan did and it worked out well for them. *snicker*

Old 04-19-2009, 04:48 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:

Also, if all the non-Israeli middle Easterners are such loving brothers, why did Egypt deny entrance to Palestinian refugees? Why weren't the people of Gaza allowed into other Muslim countries?
Good point, I never really thought about that.

Why weren't the people of Gaza allowed to Muslim countries.

Religion of peace huh?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Does anyone know if outher ME countries would come to the defence of Iran if it were to be attacked by Israel. I'm thinking places like Syria especially, but Egypt as well. I doubt there would be others, though how would Russia react? I'm just thinking of a what if scenario if it were to happen. As for the President of Iran, he's best to curb the rhetoric for the good of his own people. If my country was threatened with destruction, i'd hit em first too.. Ahmadinejad is dumb. If ever there was a time to attack Irans nuclear ambitions its now because Israel is justified due to this idiots tongue. The Supreme Leader Khamenei (the real leader of Iran) should get rid this anchor. The sad thing is that ultimately the people always suffer because of incompetent political leadership.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:24 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good point, I never really thought about that.

Why weren't the people of Gaza allowed to Muslim countries.

Religion of peace huh?
It could also be for economic reasons. Egypt isn't in very good shape right now and these people will cost money that Egypt doesn't have. All is fine and dandy with respect to brotherly love and spiritual/moral support - until it costs MONEY

Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Quote:
Hamas was relentlessly lobbing rockets into Israeli civilian neighborhoods. But somehow, Israel was the bad guy when they went into Gaza and took out the installments where they were shooting rockets from.
Exactly, I never understood that. Like their lives don't matter, just let people die without defending themselves.

Israel gets blamed for everything going wrong there...same thing with Arafat getting aid from the international community and pointing to Israel the oppressor saying they were destroying the infrastructure. Turns out he was shoveling it into his bank account and not spending a dime for things to be destroyed.

Quote:
I think it's because words cost nothing, and can be broken at whim...no one wants a ton a refugees taking up social welfare and begging in the streets. Plus it's easy to pay a cat's paw to commit violent atrocities on the population of your enemy when you would get your butt kicked if you actually attacked them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies