Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Its unlikely that Israel would attempt an air strike. The logistics are difficult to say the least. That's a very long flight each way. Who will refuel these aircraft? The USA? That would make us a direct partner in the attack. I doubt that we are prepared to take such a route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There never were any "daily beatings, bombings and beheadings" in Palestine, and there aren't any now. There are sporadic attacks on an alien invader population, which is not a good thing, but which would be instantly solved by the surrender of the colonizer population.

The Arab-Israeli conflict has no more to do with religion than any other colonial conflict. Palestinian Muslims, Christians and atheists are all united in contempt for Israel.
I'm not speaking of Palestine in specific. I'm talking about the whole damn region. Which should be an eye opener for you.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I'm not speaking of Palestine in specific.
I am. If you want to talk about someplace else, talk about someplace else. If you are going to respond to someone's remarks about Palestine, know what you are talking about.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
I am. If you want to talk about someplace else, talk about someplace else. If you are going to respond to someone's remarks about Palestine, know what you are talking about.
Choose your words more carefully then. "Israeli-Arab conflict" is definitely outside the borders of Palestine.

FWIW, all my points could could be made for Palestine, as well.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Choose your words more carefully then. "Israeli-Arab conflict" is definitely outside the borders of Palestine.
The conflict is about control of Palestine and nothing outside the borders of Palestine.

Quote:
FWIW, all my points could could be made for Palestine, as well.
They could not. There are no daily beheadings in Palestine, sorry.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
There never were any "daily beatings, bombings and beheadings" in Palestine, and there aren't any now. There are sporadic attacks on an alien invader population, which is not a good thing, but which would be instantly solved by the surrender of the colonizer population.

Would that mean that Americans would be justified in assaulting and murdering illegal immigrants or just immigrants in general?

The Arab-Israeli conflict has no more to do with religion than any other colonial conflict. Palestinian Muslims, Christians and atheists are all united in contempt for Israel.

Just like how the Arab world is united in its contempt for Palestinians. They are still a useful political tool though.
My text is in bold.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM

236 posts, read 387,161 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, did you inspect all 636,372sq miles of Iran for these missles? I'm pretty sure it's widely known that the s-300 deal with Russia is a billion dollar deal and nothing has been done thus far. But, your the expert I guess.

And the defense systems are way different...FYI.
Dear friend, it is widely known that Princess Diana died in an accidential car crush. Do you believe in that?

The S-300 system was developed to defend against aircraft and cruise missiles. The S-300 is also capable of destroying ballistic missile targets, and is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems currently fielded. Its radars have the ability to simultaneously track up to 100 targets while engaging up to 12. S-300 deployment time is five minutes. The S-300 missiles are sealed rounds and require no maintenance over their lifetime. An evolved version of the S-300 system is the S-400 (NATO reporting name SA-21), entering service in 2004.

Patriot Missile System provides defense of critical assets at the corps and theater level. It is designed to engage aircraft, cruise missiles and limited tactical ballistic missiles (TBMs). Such capabilities were introduced with the Patriot PAC-2 system upgrades, and more advanced PAC-3 missile, which introduces advanced anti-tactical missile capability. PAC-3 can also employment of up to 16 missiles per launcher, thereby increasing firepower and multiple target engagement capability.

So, again burgerflipper, what was the difference between S-300 and "Patriot"? These systems have same assignments. The only difference is that S-300 is cheaper and more effective. Small differences as size, design, transportation means and etc. don't make much difference. And you don't have to be an expert to realize that.
P.S. Once more I'd like to repeat - I live in Azerbaijan, neighbouring country and you don't even know I guess what language Iranians speak. Don't check with shmikipedia!

Last edited by Paul Negresco; 04-22-2009 at 12:23 AM..

Old 04-22-2009, 01:07 AM

236 posts, read 387,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How exactly will that happen?

After Iran's feeble air force is taken out by Israel and probably the US - what then?

After our force in the sky is done bombing their military facilities into oblivion - then what?

Will they attack Iraq? With 150,000 US troops licking their lips just waiting for it?

Will they lob missiles into Israel?

We have a tremendous Naval presence in the gulf region. They are no match for our force.

There would be no WWIII - with this exception; Only if Iran gets nukes, then there might be.

That is why they cannot be allowed to develop them.
Applause sanrene! To much playing computer games huh? You are so funny! I am against of production of nuclear weapon and especially of using those ina conflict. However here's my question: why do you think United States should decide for Iranian people do they need nuclear facilities or not? I don't simply understand! Each state should RESPECT others! I am not happy with Iraninan foreign and internal policy either! They discriminate and violate rights of 20 mln of Azerbaijanis living there. And not only!
It's a stupid regime with outrageous laws! But it doesn't mean that US Government or any other can decide for Iranians or interfere, or intrude!!!
I say - negotiations! I say - PEACE! Stop people! Having heavy weapons with a big destructive power doesn't mean that any country have right to attack others!!! YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT! Violence generates VIOLENCE! Is it too hard to understand?

P.S. To win in a war it is not enough to bomb and destroy facilities only! The most important part of victory is standing up on an occupied territory (forgive me my fair English). The deal is that until your soldiers boots have not stepped on Iranian territory and taken full control over it, it's not a victory! I doubt that American soldiers will receive such an order. And remember: population of Iran is more than 70 mln people! And most of them are loyal to existing regime or at least hate America.
Any attack on Iran won't go without far-reaching consequences. US Government seems to understand that.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
P.S. Once more I'd like to repeat - I live in Azerbaijan, neighbouring country and you don't even know I guess what language Iranians speak. Don't check with shmikipedia!
I know that I am not Burgerflipper, but I will anwser your challenge.

Iranians (well, about half of them) speak Farsi.

Also, Azerbaijan is majority Muslim and a former Soviet republic and has a history of conflict with its neighboring Armenians.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Also, Azerbaijan is majority Muslim and a former Soviet republic and has a history of conflict with its neighboring Armenians.
Notably, Iran has closer ties with Armenia than with Azerbaijan, however counterintuitive that may appear to you flag-waving illiterate types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies