Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I am gay and certainly not a pedophile so you are absolutely right. As for the part about us not being 'normal' Let me put it this way, it is normal to us
Point taken. It isn't normal to be left-handed or a natural redhead either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Miss Cali is more popular than Miss USA right now. Good for her
She said on a TV show that she felt she was the real winner. Then she said God was testing her faith. Maybe she should go home and read the Bible. There are lots of passages on humility. How does she know she would have come in first? Miss North Carolina won both the swimsuit and the evening gown competition. Maybe she lost because she sounded like a bimbo.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I just watched Miss California's "speech" on Youtube.

First of all, I'm gay and I didn't find anything that she said to be offensive. She has a right to her opinion, even though I personally disagree with her on this issue. I don't think that she hates gay people... I'd be willing to bet that she has gay friends. She should't have to appologize for what she said: she was asked a question, and she answered honestly and respectfully.

I'd much rather be friends with Ms. California than that tool Perez Hilton. I'm embarassed that we have people like Mr. Hilton in the national spotlight "representing" the gay community. Fortunately, the majority of gay people I know don't act like that.
I'm not gay and I love you for saying that. I hope people with your kind of sense get more active in the public arena. I think it would help every aspect of the strait/gay ridiculous wars.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsfist View Post
I'm not gay and I love you for saying that. I hope people with your kind of sense get more active in the public arena. I think it would help every aspect of the strait/gay ridiculous wars.
Well lets be straight about things... Perez Hilton represents Perez Hilton. Miss California represents Miss California. It irks me when people say that Perez Hilton represents the Gay community. Like any community it is made of of individuals who also have differing points of view.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Well lets be straight about things... Perez Hilton represents Perez Hilton. Miss California represents Miss California. It irks me when people say that Perez Hilton represents the Gay community. Like any community it is made of of individuals who also have differing points of view.
Many here have quoted Elton John on the issue of same-sex marriage and then said things like, "If Elton John thinks that way, then why can't you?"

Yeah, right. Elton John speaks for all gays.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
I think the opinion of this girl has ben given far too much publicity and should now be left alone.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I think the opinion of this girl has ben given far too much publicity and should now be left alone.
Who? Miss California? Or Perez Hilton?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:00 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Both

Old 04-24-2009, 04:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
No, I just do my research. Perhaps you should too.
Sounds like you found that wacko NARTH website or some other site quoting them, as they are usually the source for this sort of rubbish. They are religious, anti-gay and anti-APA. They dislike the American Psychologists Association because the APA won't have them as members because of their unethical practices and unscientific studies.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times
Default miss......the point....missu...the facts

Quote:
Not just that, but even if it was a theocracy, there is no proof that the origin of marriage is only between a man and woman, or even that the bible is the final word in a theocracy. I could arbitrarily make the statement that my god(s) support same sex marriage.
please, would you defend your statement on the origin of marriage. if you will, please cite literature. thank you.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
please, would you defend your statement on the origin of marriage. if you will, please cite literature. thank you.
Dear Kingchef,

I do not believe we have spoken before.

I cannot quote a source on the origin of marriage, nor can i quote a source on the origin of the universe. Sure we could get into the big bang, but even the greatest scientific mind in the world today, alludes to the fact that there could be multiple universes or multiverses... Therefore admittedly I can't quote a source and i'm not an anthropologist, yet concommitantly, I hardly think you could quote sources on such things as the origin of marriage, or for that matter the origin of love.

In my mind, this just leads me to think how arrogant that certain individuals are, to believe the concept of a marriage is limited only to a male and female. There are many things in this universe or mutiverse but even closer to home in our galaxy and the little sun called sol in one of her arms, that the love between same sex couples is just as valid and just as wonderful and deserves the same recognition and validation as a mans love is for his wife and back to him from her.

Regards,
George - an apparent bleeding heart, tree hugging, liberal.

Last edited by mississauga75; 04-24-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies