Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It wasn't the company it was your own personal limitations as have been displayed throughout the thread.
LOL, ok Omaha, whatever gets you through the day.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 AM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Seems like Miss California, being hot, radical Christian and dumb has a shot at the Republican Ticket as a Vice Presidential canididate

Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Default create in me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
I find this statement interesting - you want science promoted in a situation where the opposing argument is based heavily on religious beliefs. Most Christian beliefs conflict with the scientific data on how long the earth has been around. How much scientific data do you believe in versus religious writings?
i direct you to the liberal programs on the learning channel, national geographic channel, and the history channel. the current programs that are airing do not support your above statement concerning conflict of religion and the creation of the earth.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
#622, Hi Horse---she will never rise to the level of the current stomp-idiot that holds the office at this time. what a total idiot...and, i might add, certainly applies to his boss man, too!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,543,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i direct you to the liberal programs on the learning channel, national geographic channel, and the history channel. the current programs that are airing do not support your above statement concerning conflict of religion and the creation of the earth.
Shows I've seen on those very channels suggest scientific data from fossils and other findings that would prove the earth is a LOT older than religion states. I recently saw a program on a local news channel discussing this very topic where they interviewed teens to get their viewpoint.

Let's cut to the chase - how long ago was earth "created"? Would you automatically disagree with any scientist that finds evidence that might show otherwise?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:03 PM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
#622, Hi Horse---she will never rise to the level of the current stomp-idiot that holds the office at this time. what a total idiot...and, i might add, certainly applies to his boss man, too!
That was weak, can't you do better than that? At least my post was reasonably creative and witty, yours was just butt ugly, snotty name calling. You neet to at least be creative and entertaining in your insults. I am a too busy a man to not be entertained. Aww hell, never mind, I am sorry I brought it up, I mean after all you are Republican, aren't you. The above is too much to ask. Right?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
Seems like Miss California, being hot, radical Christian and dumb has a shot at the Republican Ticket as a Vice Presidential canididate
nah, she'll be a fox news contributor....

Old 04-29-2009, 02:37 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.
When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

FOXNews.com - Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

I'm gonna marry this gal.
Why is this even a controversy? Why would some event like the Miss America pageant be asking this type of question anyway?

Kudo's to her for sticking to her beliefs. If she doesn't support gay marriage, fine, so what. If someone else does, fine, so what.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
radical Christian
Because she believes in marriage between a man and a woman?

That is now "radical"?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because she believes in marriage between a man and a woman?

That is now "radical"?
Spot on. God forbid she offer her opinion about murdering children in the womb. Liberals would be sending her to Gitmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies