Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,343,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I wonder what defects you have
A log in his eye?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,388,711 times
[quote=Jaymax;8635478]You clearly missed the part where the "Dr. cited" (Kurt Freund) was cited incorrectly and misrepresented by Dailey with his PhD in theology. You also clearly missed the part where I quoted from an excerpt of the actual study by the "Dr. cited" (Freund) to show this. You clearly didn't bother to check out any of the cited studies yourself. [/quoted]
Unlike you, I didn't look for second hand reinterpretations of his work, I just read it.

Quote:
Nor have you "cracked a book" yourself on Dr Kurt Freund otherwise you would have known he was being misrepesented by Dailey.
Considering you have no clue what the book says, you wouldn't know what his research represented and didn't represent.

Quote:
You also clearly missed the part where I said that "article" by Dailey can only now be found on extemist websites.
Go figure. Just like all the gays love citing the APA and colleges that go beyond gay tolerant or who approach homosexuality from a scientific approach but you're the kind of person who has no independent mind. You're the kind who would berate Christians because "the Bible told you so" but you swallow anything the APA or gay advocates offer (no pun intended) without critical thought. It fits your agenda and you presume anyone with a title is somehow unbiased.

You look at the reports from UC Davis as if they were gospel and don't even give second thought to the fact that the guy leading gay "research" there is a homosexual himself. No conflict of interest there.

Quote:
It can't even be found anymore on the original website where it was first posted in 2002 (FRC).
Why are you looking there? Do your Google skills suck that bad?

Quote:
Perhaps because it was too embarrassing for a Christian theologian to be caught with his pants down distorting and misrepresenting scientific studies? Just like you have been.
Do you swallow that gay sex is responsible for 71% of new AIDS cases among men in America?

Quote:
You still haven't cited a source where you found that Dailey article, nor have you cited any sources for your conspiracy theories about the APA.
Why would I, you completely dismiss everything put in front of you?

I could have God tell you it was true and as a last recourse you'd say, "well it doesn't matter anyways I was born gay and a god that can't accept me doesn't deserve my attention."

Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times
The obsession continues.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,388,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The obsession continues.
Yeah, how many homosexuality-related threads did you creat this week?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,907,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
You're problem is that you try to equate all physical differences between people as normal. While there is nothing wrong with someone with a congenital vision defect it doesn't make congenital vision defects a good thing. On the other hand, if pedophilia is a congenital defect, I won't care less that the person was born that way, if they choose to act on that defect, they're going to meet resistance.
your problem is you worry about things that don't concern you

Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,907,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Get over myself?
My rhetoric is tired and not based on anything factual?
A real problem only with older generations?
Crazies and bigots?

Well you're in luck because I only have several hundred million people across the world who feel the same way as me. In this county alone I have over half of the voters on my side, anyone who would ever run for President, all Supreme Court judges, etc. etc.

Here's what is factual. God. The Bible. The Scriptures. Heaven/Hell. Gay marriage is wrong. Homosexuality is a sin.

The fact that you won't find true happiness here on earth and your eternity is doomed. You can spout off now because you're so arrogant that the louder you argue the more right you think you are but when you're on your death bed and have that last few seconds before you die just remember that whatever happens next will be because of your actions here on earth. My only point to all of this is to point that out to everyone because the Bible tells me I should.

Sorry but I have to go to Church now....I'll be sure to pray for you but somehow I'm not sure it's ever going to make a difference.
yes get over yourself.. and for christ sake.. spare us with the talking down to...it is insulting
go to church and do your thing.. but don't think for a minute it is ok and constitutional for you to vote your faith based beliefs upon the law of the land in hindering gays and lesbians from their rights..
A will does not cover everything and you know it.. there are many things involving insurance, pensions, and the list goes on
quit insulting our intelligence...

Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times
Quote:
My threads are all created to encourage discussions. Your posts about homosexuality don't encourage discussion. They're more like invective diatribes.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,343,706 times
Quote:
Unlike you, I didn't look for second hand reinterpretations of his work, I just read it.

Considering you have no clue what the book says, you wouldn't know what his research represented and didn't represent.
You quoted directly from an article by Timothy Dailey, not a book by Dr Kurt Freund.
Now you are mentioning a book. Which book is that? What it's title?

What's the name of the site you used to quote Dailey's article?

Have you not read that Kurt Freund's research was one of the main reasons homosexuality was removed from the DSM? Dailey's references in his article misrepresented Freund's work. It's not that hard to check out yourself. You don't have to take my word for it.

I call BS.

Quote:
Go figure. Just like all the gays love citing the APA and colleges that go beyond gay tolerant or who approach homosexuality from a scientific approach but you're the kind of person who has no independent mind. You're the kind who would berate Christians because "the Bible told you so" but you swallow anything the APA or gay advocates offer (no pun intended) without critical thought. It fits your agenda and you presume anyone with a title is somehow unbiased.

You look at the reports from UC Davis as if they were gospel and don't even give second thought to the fact that the guy leading gay "research" there is a homosexual himself. No conflict of interest there.
What reports are you talking about? Who's berating Christians?

No, I read an article by Dr Herek which pointed out all the misrepresentations and distortions in Dailey's article. I checked out Dr Herek's background and qualifications and Dailey's background and qualifications.
THEN to confirm what Dr Herek had said about Dailey's misrepresenting studies, I checked out Freund's study for myself as well as some of the other studies mentioned by Dailey. Herek is correct that Dailey misrepresented not only Freund's work but the work of other scientists. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself. It just takes a bit of an independent mind and some critical thought.

So you blindly believe what a Theologian (with zero qualifications in the field of sexual orientation) has to say about scientific studies without checking it out for yourself- all because he says something that supports your anti-gay bias? Yet you accuse ME of not having an independent mind or critical thought? Go figure.

I call BS

Quote:

Why are you looking there? Do your Google skills suck that bad?
Gosh. Could it possibly be because the FRC was the site that originally published Dailey's article?

Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse
Written By: Timothy J. Dailey, Ph.D.
Published In: Insight
Publication date: 06/01/2002
Publisher: Family Research Council

Quote:
Why would I, you completely dismiss everything put in front of you?
I've researched everything you've "put in front of me" and a lot more. You still haven't cited your sources, I had to go find them myself. So put up or shut up. Post your sources. Post the title of the book you're now talking about. I'll look at them. Otherwise, I call major BS.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-04-2009 at 12:16 AM..

Old 05-04-2009, 01:33 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,952,702 times
Quote:
Feel free to ignore threads with the word, gay, homosexual,same-sex marriage, Perez Hilton, closet case etc etc etc.....

Old 05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
pba

410 posts, read 915,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
yes get over yourself.. and for christ sake.. spare us with the talking down to...it is insulting
go to church and do your thing.. but don't think for a minute it is ok and constitutional for you to vote your faith based beliefs upon the law of the land in hindering gays and lesbians from their rights..
A will does not cover everything and you know it.. there are many things involving insurance, pensions, and the list goes on
quit insulting our intelligence...
If that's all you're going to say in your post then you shouldn't post at all. Either continue the discussion or stay out of it completely.

The point of all my posts goes back to the original point. Miss California gave an honest answer to a loaded question and didn't win some silly beauty contest because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies