Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,709 times

Advertisements

that is one of the most insane things that has ever been said in the history of mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Generally you will find that as educational levels go up they tend to be more liberal. If you look at a map of reliable states for both parties, the states where education is low such as Mississippi and Arkansas tend to be the most red and the states where education is high like Mass, Colorado and Maryland tend to be the most blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM

471 posts, read 587,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Generally you will find that as educational levels go up they tend to be more liberal. If you look at a map of reliable states for both parties, the states where education is low such as Mississippi and Arkansas tend to be the most red and the states where education is high like Mass, Colorado and Maryland tend to be the most blue.

And how funny it is that people only exposed to Muslim beliefs tend to be Muslim. Academia is predominantly liberal and their curriculum is as well. These ultra educated liberal graduates are a product of the system and their environments. Nothing more. Just like my friend that went to Texas A&M, they tend to be more traditional and conservative. Same as with Hillsdale College I'm sure.

Oh and to add to the greatness of liberalism and how well it is working in England (Correction the UK).....england is at FORTY. They are going to be taxing people making over 150,000 pounds at a rate of FIFTY PERCENT.... That would be 217,000 US. MMMM mmmm mmmm! Gotta LUUUUUUUUV that liberalism.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that is one of the most insane things that has ever been said in the history of mankind.

Ya think!?!?!?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
And how funny it is that people only exposed to Muslim beliefs tend to be Muslim. Academia is predominantly liberal and their curriculum is as well. These ultra educated liberal graduates are a product of the system and their environments. Nothing more. Just like my friend that went to Texas A&M, they tend to be more traditional and conservative. Same as with Hillsdale College I'm sure.

Oh and to add to the greatness of liberalism and how well it is working in England (Correction the UK).....england is at FORTY. They are going to be taxing people making over 150,000 pounds at a rate of FIFTY PERCENT.... That would be 217,000 US. MMMM mmmm mmmm! Gotta LUUUUUUUUV that liberalism.
Just wondering why you say "they are going to be taxing people" and your link says "proposing" ? Do those two things mean the same thing to you?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,715,835 times
New Englanders avoid minorities like the plague.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm just sick and tired of this worn out talking point, about how CA. is such a failure because of democrats (republican governor though) and liberalism. Ok even if that is true, well, don't forget that the New England states are doing, in an overall sense, well.
Lowest divorce rates are in New England, most colleges per square area are in New England. 2 of the states with the highest income rates (top 5) are CT and MA. Has (along with the upper midwest states) some of the lowest drop out rates in the US and 4 out of the 6 states in NE are in the bottom 5 in % of adults who are obese. Crime rates are along the lowest in the country (the lowest in you define regions in a certain way, with the possible expection of the North Central States). As of 12/08, unemployment was below the national average in the region, the only bad number coming from Rhode Island.
I was just blown away by how Bush defenders in the 2004 elections, tried to attack Kerry as being a liberal from Massachusetts. Well, so what? A liberal from Mass. vs. a cowboy from TX. The social ills stats for Texas (for stuff like crime and uninsured people) are usually in the higher range (top 10) of the 50 states.
Point being: Even though CA is having it's problems with liberalism (it's not my opinion, but let's just say it may be true), well, don't forget, that liberal policies and democratic representation (solidly ayway) work well in the New England States.

New England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ever heard of densely populated states?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:42 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
From what I hear Hartford and New Haven are dumps. It's only a matter of time before it starts spilling over into the suburbs and affects the whole state of Connecticut. The "do gooders" up there won't be able to hide forever.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Just wondering why you say "they are going to be taxing people" and your link says "proposing" ? Do those two things mean the same thing to you?

Sorry about that. No I dont believe that they have the same meaning, I simply linked an out dated site. Try this one. It shows that it will be implimented next April. thanks for drawing it to my attention.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Sorry about that. No I dont believe that they have the same meaning, I simply linked an out dated site. Try this one. It shows that it will be implimented next April. thanks for drawing it to my attention.

Are you trying to be dishonest your links are both dated today. Your second link says the tax will be introduced next year not implemented.

Quote:
This replaces the 45pc supertax proposed last November, and it will be introduced a year early – in April next year.
Why do some people always have to lie?

Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I'm a Conservative working on my MBA and tracking for a PhD. I must be an exception... no...

The reason that most of us quit after undergraduate, or don't go to college at all is a) Most colleges make you spew Liberal talking points, or fail b) Many Conservatives have a sense of duty and decide to join the military (which is filled with many of the brightest minds) or help up their evil capitalist parents at their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies