Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 AM

383 posts, read 640,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
Comparing WWI and WWII with the invasion of IRAQ is like comparing a high school baseball game with the World Series!

We were actually attacked on Dec. 7, 1941 by a military force from a sovereign nation. Our ally and trading partner, the UK, was standing essentially alone against the most powerful military dictatorship the world had ever seen. We waited it out until we had to act and Roosevelt asked Congress to actually declare war and young people of America across all spectrums were actually drafted to go defend our nation against an actual enemy who posed a true threat!!!

WWI was in it's fourth year by the time we got involved. And our shipping lanes were being threatened by the Germans and once again we had to support a true alliance.

Today our government NEVER actually declares war. And the way the Iraq/Afghan ops were funded under the Bush Admin. was insidious.

The all-volunteer military today is full of disaffected Rust Belt unemployed, Latinos who wanna avoid gang culture and/or get citizenship, Neo-Cons who actually believe that Iraq had something to do with 9/11, frat-boy types who wanna prove their manhood, people who want a free ride to college, etc...

NATO is a joke. We can't defeat a loose coalition of Third-World mountain dwelling fanatics and mujahadeen in 7 years??? In WWII it would have taken about 7 months!!

Truth is the miltary brass and politicians from military/DOD heavy areas don't want to really end this "War on Terror". It takes the place of the Cold War. DOD/Pentagon Industry is taking the place of manufacturing and energy sector jobs that we should have.

All we have accomplished in Iraq is getting some oil contracts secured and inciting a religious civil war!
Wow. As a former Marines wife, and a very proud mom of a Navy seaman, I'm insulted. My son had many offers to great universities, but chose to go into the the military for reasons he may only know. How dare you simplify it by suggesting that OUR military is nothing but a bunch of degenerates. I choose to believe these young men and women are very important to the U.S.A and should be respected, no matter what race or creed they may be.

Maybe you should think twice prior before ASSuming you know who is in the Military and opening your mouth. You are looking like a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,129,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Jees, the irony in you pointing out that sanrene divided everyone up, and then you went on to do the same...
I did no such thing. I'm not into dividing people up, but you can't communicate with someone who's sitting on the extreme fringe without making the points as obvious as possible. Even large print Reader's Digest won't suffice here!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM

499 posts, read 1,526,540 times
Default Please read my post again...slowly this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
Wow. As a former Marines wife, and a very proud mom of a Navy seaman, I'm insulted. My son had many offers to great universities, but chose to go into the the military for reasons he may only know. How dare you simplify it by suggesting that OUR military is nothing but a bunch of degenerates. I choose to believe these young men and women are very important to the U.S.A and should be respected, no matter what race or creed they may be.

Maybe you should think twice prior before ASSuming you know who is in the Military and opening your mouth. You are looking like a fool.
Lady, I never meant to imply anyone in today's military was a "degenerate". I was pointing out that when it is an all-voluntary force then the military becomes it's own demographic and that is fundamentally dangerous! These weenies in the Pentagon know excatly how to recruit these young people and they are looking for a certain type to fill the ranks. And it is a well documented fact that most upper level officers today vote Republican and buy into all the hype about why we should be in Iraq. Think about it.

And BTW, I served in the Navy 4 years (90-94). My adopted father retired from the Army(26 years). My real father was in the Navy (60-64). As was my grandfather(42-46). Several other people in my family are veterans (Guard, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.) I have friends that are in the AF, Army, and Marines right now. One of them is in Iraq. Most of them have been to Iraq or Afghanistan in the past couple years. I grew up around the military in a so-called "military town". I go there all the time. I talk to people. I do know what I am talking about.

I wish your son success. Just feel good that he doesn't have to serve under an idiot like Bush or a draft-dodger like Cheney!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,176,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxo View Post
As if Obama does not need the monitor when he talks--or can Obama really write? Maybe he is reading the writings of this father the communist poet, not the father the "Prince," who called himiself a doctor but never got his Ph.D.--how many fathers does Obama have?--we don't know since his mama never kept count.
Seems a little uncalled for to me.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,058,371 times
All I have to say is I want Sarah Palin to run in 2012. That way Obama can easily win reelection. I had to put up with George "The Idiot" Bush for 8 long, miserable years. Now it's my turn to have someone I like in office. Arlen Specter changed parties today. He went from the Republican party to the Democratic party. I'm glad to see he's coming to his senses. Go Obama!!! Go Democrats!!!! Democrats are the real Americans!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,318,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Cheney Slams Obama Again, Calls Overseas Trips "Disturbing" (VIDEO)

I don't know. I haven't heard much from obama about the greatest and force of goodness of the US. Have you? Does he think he will gain the good graces of his enemies and allies by going around denigrating his country?

This, right here, is always a problem for the dems/libs. Always.
Cheney talks like a person with a paper a$$hole too.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:40 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
mr cheney should take up some other sport than hunting.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxo View Post
As if Obama does not need the monitor when he talks--or can Obama really write? Maybe he is reading the writings of this father the communist poet, not the father the "Prince," who called himiself a doctor but never got his Ph.D.--how many fathers does Obama have?--we don't know since his mama never kept count.
Nobody will ever take you seriously with posts like this. I actually wrote something else, but I figured it would be cut. Gosh, it's no fun any more to post here if I can't speak my mind. Anyway, Obama graduated Harvard Law School magna *** laude. His mother and grandmother sound like remarkable women. Shame on you.

I love this video from Letterman.

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/24/teleprompter-vs-no-telepr_n_178474.html"]Teleprompter Vs. No Teleprompter: Letterman Takes On Obama Critics (VIDEO)[/URL]

Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,058,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nobody will ever take you seriously with posts like this. I actually wrote something else, but I figured it would be cut. Gosh, it's no fun any more to post here if I can't speak my mind. Anyway, Obama graduated Harvard Law School magna *** laude. His mother and grandmother sound like remarkable women. Shame on you.

I love this video from Letterman.

Teleprompter Vs. No Teleprompter: Letterman Takes On Obama Critics (VIDEO)
Yeah I agree Nancy. Bush always spoke like he never heard of a teleprompter. I heard Bush needed a tutor to pass when he was at Yale. Boy is that the surprise of the century!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies