Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what he did I feel bad for his daughter, who I think is 5 years old. She doesn't understand why her father chose to take his life rather than be a father and face whatever was coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
He was (pick one or all) :

A. About to be charged with a crime and these weinies can't face jail time.

B. He couldn't face living on only a billion a year.

C. He was told to.

D. He was despondent because he didn't screw over as many people as he intended to.
E. He knew of too many Democrat with ties to the mortgage debacle.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Suicide is a sign of mental illness. I think a lot of people are posting on here who have no mental health background at all. I really think this thread should be closed.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Katiana I can understand people are angry about this gigantic mess we've got on our hands but when it's beyond their ability to comprehend that beating up the wrong guy is the greater injustice... maybe some people just shouldn't be on the forum if they can't handle civilization anymore.

Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa-- his buddy Senator Phill Gramm of Texas would get the same suggestion of suicide for the insane mess this PhD experimental economist created????

Indications from videos above...
- As per coworkers & neighbors; "Sweet people, wonderful people". "community orientated". "Integrity and a work ethic that inspired people"
- APPOINTED (promoted to) the job last Sept when the govt took over the mess.
- He was cashing in stocks that were grossly under valued, suggesting that he may have had a financial crisis of his own going on.
- coworkers say... "frazzled"
- There are hints that complaints about his bonus reached him and that he may have had threats put upon his family because he was inquiring about security/ guard service for his home.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Suicide is a sign of mental illness. I think a lot of people are posting on here who have no mental health background at all. I really think this thread should be closed.
Why do you think if someone commits suicide they're mentally ill?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How about respecting all life not just the life that you see as valuable. Thats all I'm going to say
So why don't you say that when people are ripping on the poor and those on welfare.....I'll save your post and use it on the next "Let's Rip on Those Less Fortunate But Adore and Worship the Wealthy" thread.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
With all due respect, I don't think this particular situation has anything to do with mental illness. I believe it is most likely linked to social pressure, just my 2 cents...

Old 04-23-2009, 06:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So why don't you say that when people are ripping on the poor and those on welfare.....I'll save your post and use it on the next "Let's Rip on Those Less Fortunate But Adore and Worship the Wealthy" thread.
One life is not more important then the other. I would say the exact same thing if it was a person on welfare killing themselves, whatever a life is a life and someone is left to suffer. I have lost enough in my family to know just what thats like and dont wish it on anyone. Even though its a part of life its a time for respect.

At some point and time you have to be able to put politics aside. Something you dont seem to be able to do

I feel sorry for you I really do

Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Anyone that will kill themselves is not thinking clearly and there is something mentally wrong going on

Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Anyone that will kill themselves is not thinking clearly and there is something mentally wrong going on
Yes, and that aspect of it is labeled whatever you want to call it: guilt, regret, fear, etc.. for screwing your fellow man, (in his case-possibly hundreds or even thousands) and knowing you have done wrong, but are in fear of being prosecuted for doing something which you knew was immoral.
wow, repentence works mysteriously doesn't it?

mental incompetantcy? more like a guilt trip to hell. Maybe if he would only have been closer to GOD......he could have been forgiven for his sins, and by his own conscience? Seems it is alot easier to just off yourself, rather than to "face the music".

I will agree with you, a mental defect of sort.

When people think they fail themselves, their families, and others while being scrutinized, some turn to their religion for strength and support, it's possible this man had a conscience but lacked morality and religion. Sometimes a person's faith saves them from making rash decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Just a gull darned minute - they create jobs.
Yes, I know where you're coming from with that statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies