Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
But you challenge her intelligence simply on political ground, while calling out others from not doing the same to your newest wet dream... the loser of the Miss America crown.

You could put this on your resume, and it will be one of the few things that would be accurate.
You dont make any sense, as for miss CA she was answering a question given to her and she answered it honestly instead of PC. That is really all I know about that situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Everyone's credibility is at risk when voicing an opinion or position.

Thing is, is that when celebrities do it, they are taking a much larger financial risk than Joe the Plumber.

So, I would think that when a celebrity does it, it just might carry a slightly higher degree of conviction.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You dont make any sense, as for miss CA she was answering a question given to her and she answered it honestly instead of PC. That is really all I know about that situation.
It is difficult to make sense to hypocrites because of the fundamental issue: "now they see it and now they don't".

Let me quote you from the op: "So here is the deal, both sides like to point out when ever a Quote un quote celebrities speaks out on their side of an issue, usually the other side will point out that they are just an idiot (fill in the blank), and they dont have any credibility"

What I have been trying to point out was that you fit the very profile of the people that you're complaining about. You're defending the loser of Miss America contest largely for her political views while challenging Jessica Biel's intelligence based on her political views.

As for the loser, remember, these people are judged based not only on their disposition on the outside but who they are on the inside. The fundamental reason behind asking them political/social/economic and sometimes religious question is to see where they stand on social grounds, and whether they fit the profile of a free world representative. Otherwise there is no need to ask any question, just stop after the swim suit contest. :P

Selfish, divisive personalities are misfits in those situations. She's running to represent America on the world stage, and while one can applaud her for sticking to her belief system, it was her mistake that she didn't recognize others' choices if they so differ. A true conservative stands to follow the principles at a personal level, and not force one's beliefs and ways on everybody else. It is where individual accountability comes from, but as a group, you have to be respectful of others' choices.

I'm not going to challenge her intelligence for that reason however, but she certainly didn't exhibit the qualities expected in a world representative. But then, our standards do differ.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Everyone's credibility is at risk when voicing an opinion or position.

Thing is, is that when celebrities do it, they are taking a much larger financial risk than Joe the Plumber.

So, I would think that when a celebrity does it, it just might carry a slightly higher degree of conviction.
Bingo! If you are a liberal in hollywood voicing a liberal opinion, not much risk, in fact quite the contrary, However If you are a conservative in Hollywood you are absolutely correct, and is why I give that person a little more respect and credit , than I would buffy the bimbo out blabbering about global warming and wearing fur coats. Ted Nugent has always been on the other side of those in his industry!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
It is difficult to make sense to hypocrites because of the fundamental issue: "now they see it and now they don't".

Let me quote you from the op: "So here is the deal, both sides like to point out when ever a Quote un quote celebrities speaks out on their side of an issue, usually the other side will point out that they are just an idiot (fill in the blank), and they dont have any credibility"

What I have been trying to point out was that you fit the very profile of the people that you're complaining about. You're defending the loser of Miss America contest largely for her political views while challenging Jessica Biel's intelligence based on her political views.

As for the loser, remember, these people are judged based not only on their disposition on the outside but who they are on the inside. The fundamental reason behind asking them political/social/economic and sometimes religious question is to see where they stand on social grounds, and whether they fit the profile of a free world representative. Otherwise there is no need to ask any question, just stop after the swim suit contest. :P

Selfish, divisive personalities are misfits in those situations. She's running to represent America on the world stage, and while one can applaud her for sticking to her belief system, it was her mistake that she didn't recognize others' choices if they so differ. A true conservative stands to follow the principles at a personal level, and not force one's beliefs and ways on everybody else. It is where individual accountability comes from, but as a group, you have to be respectful of others' choices.

I'm not going to challenge her intelligence for that reason however, but she certainly didn't exhibit the qualities expected in a world representative. But then, our standards do differ.
Look I couldnt care less about miss CA, what I was referring to, were all the little hollywood leftist lemings that pounced on her because she had the guts to be honest to some freek show drag queen asking her a loaded question. Let go, just let it go..............

Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Look I couldnt care less about miss CA, what I was referring to, were all the little hollywood leftist lemings that pounced on her because she had the guts to be honest to some freek show drag queen asking her a loaded question. Let go, just let it go..............
And I thought the poster who started a thread on the subject thought she was just her type, someone like you as a matter of fact. But, is it just out of habit that instead of providing your own opinion, you prefer to talk about others'?

Let it go? Why did you start a thread that was doing nothing but demonstrating your own hypocrisy? Seriously, you (and many others on this board) don't need that!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:05 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,052 times
Quote:
Is this thread a result of you acknowledging your hatred towards the celebrities (an example)? Or, simply trying to be hypocritical, by defending celebrities if their political views bode well with yours. Which is it?
The answer is fairly obvious... a way to cover up his use of a celebrity spokesman given his prior attacks on celebrities.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Narcissism is a mental disorder, exascerbated by easy access to a microphone, and further complicated by an insatiable desire to equate being famous with being intelligent.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Narcissism is a mental disorder, exascerbated by easy access to a microphone, and further complicated by an insatiable desire to equate being famous with being intelligent.
Very Good!!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
I think some of you are forgetting that there are celebrities out there who actually do know what they're talking about on certain issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies