U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
31,618 posts, read 20,827,461 times
Reputation: 8911

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Those Afghan hounds are the most retarded critters on the planet.

Ban them.

Everyone in the U.S.A. should be required to own a beagle.

Crazy?

Maybe.

Most folks don't even know what a pitbull is.

These people do. They were killed by pit bulls.


Pit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!-attack-image-9.jpgPit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!-attack-image-14.jpgPit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!-attack-image-15.jpgPit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!-attack-girl.jpg


This one survived.

Pit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!-5-year-old-attack.jpg

He also knows what a pit bull is.

Last edited by momonkey; 08-01-2009 at 02:37 AM..

 
Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
31,618 posts, read 20,827,461 times
Reputation: 8911
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Those Afghan hounds are the most retarded critters on the planet.

Ban them.

Everyone in the U.S.A. should be required to own a beagle.

Crazy?

Maybe.

Most folks don't even know what a pitbull is.


The question is why do you want one?
 
Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,116 posts, read 27,214,924 times
Reputation: 16272
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Pit Bull Kills Child in Huntington - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866 - broken link)

Dog Bite Victim Pleads For Pit Bull Ban - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City (http://www.kmbc.com/news/9657714/detail.html - broken link)
Did you bother reading those stories?? In the first one, there were signs on the house and the girl and her mother were WARNED REPEADEDLY (and there were signs that said beware of dog) not to go into the house where the dog was. The dog was IN THE HOUSE and the mother/child went in anyway and got attacked. WELL DUH. My dad's lab would lunge and try to bite at someone who came on the property without permission. If someone tells you 'Hey, my dog is territorial, don't go into the house' and you go into the house, you're an idiot.

The second one... well, the owners of the 'pit bulls' were squatting in a vacant house so they weren't the best of folks I'm sure. The dogs were not vaccinated nor had their rabies shots and were allowed to run wild. I doubt they were spayed or neutered (responsible owners give their dogs shots AND spay/neuter) and doubt even more that they were socialized. It's called a pack, it's a herd mentality dogs get into if they're put in a wild pack situation. We had a 'pack' of feral dogs kill one of our goats once... there was a beagle, two poodles and a mini pin.

Sorry... searching google for 'pit bull attacks' then posting them isn't exactly a good way to get your point across.
 
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
31,618 posts, read 20,827,461 times
Reputation: 8911
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Did you bother reading those stories?? In the first one, there were signs on the house and the girl and her mother were WARNED REPEADEDLY (and there were signs that said beware of dog) not to go into the house where the dog was. The dog was IN THE HOUSE and the mother/child went in anyway and got attacked. WELL DUH. My dad's lab would lunge and try to bite at someone who came on the property without permission. If someone tells you 'Hey, my dog is territorial, don't go into the house' and you go into the house, you're an idiot.

The second one... well, the owners of the 'pit bulls' were squatting in a vacant house so they weren't the best of folks I'm sure. The dogs were not vaccinated nor had their rabies shots and were allowed to run wild. I doubt they were spayed or neutered (responsible owners give their dogs shots AND spay/neuter) and doubt even more that they were socialized. It's called a pack, it's a herd mentality dogs get into if they're put in a wild pack situation. We had a 'pack' of feral dogs kill one of our goats once... there was a beagle, two poodles and a mini pin.

Sorry... searching google for 'pit bull attacks' then posting them isn't exactly a good way to get your point across.

People do stupid things. Sometimes children are along for the ride.

I don't expect to enlighten anyone who has a psychological need for a pit bull. It doesn't work that way. Whatever defect a pit bull lover has is beyond my ability to correct. My job is to draw attention to it so the ones that may be in a position to protect a child understand the danger. From what I've seen, the morons will not stop breeding them or suddenly come to understand the danger. They are beyond reach.


YouTube - Judge Judy - Pitbull Attacks Plaintiff in the Head pt. 1


YouTube - Pitbull attack leads to lawsuit Pt 2

Listen to what these dim witts have to say.


"He ain't never bit nobody before"

"I raised it from a puppy"

Last edited by momonkey; 08-01-2009 at 03:02 AM..
 
Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 12,397,612 times
Reputation: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Would you like me to provide you with a list of other breeds who have attacked people?

What is your problem, anyway? You refuse to read any of the professional information provided to you by veterinarians, pit bull experts, etc., that have been posted on this thread. Clearly, your hatred for a breed of dog is out-of-control pathological.

If you hate pit bulls so much, why don't you give Michael Vick a call? I'm sure he can provide you with a pit bull that you can torture to death.
UGH! Good post but it is falling upon deaf ears! Most people who have stereotyped this breed are totally ignorant! Better to ignore.
Great post though!
 
Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,116 posts, read 27,214,924 times
Reputation: 16272
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
People do stupid things. Sometimes children are along for the ride.

I don't expect to enlighten anyone who has a psychological need for a pit bull. It doesn't work that way. Whatever defect a pit bull lover has is beyond my ability to correct. My job is to draw attention to it so the ones that may be in a position to protect a child understand the danger. From what I've seen, the morons will not stop breeding them or suddenly come to understand the danger. They are beyond reach.
"
I ADOPTED MY PIT BULL FROM A SHELTER AFTER SHE HAD BEEN ABUSED.

What don't you get about that??? I have zero psychological 'need' for a pit bull, but my dog happens to be one. I also happen to have a kelpie mix, 4 pugs and a black lab. Do I have a psychological need to have a pug, too?
 
Old 08-02-2009, 12:35 AM
 
Location: James Island, SC
1,628 posts, read 3,204,934 times
Reputation: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
People do stupid things. Sometimes children are along for the ride.

I don't expect to enlighten anyone who has a psychological need for a pit bull. It doesn't work that way. Whatever defect a pit bull lover has is beyond my ability to correct. My job is to draw attention to it so the ones that may be in a position to protect a child understand the danger. From what I've seen, the morons will not stop breeding them or suddenly come to understand the danger. They are beyond reach.


YouTube - Judge Judy - Pitbull Attacks Plaintiff in the Head pt. 1


YouTube - Pitbull attack leads to lawsuit Pt 2
BWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Yeah, try using "Judge Judy" as a source in any empirical or academic setting, and you will be laughed out on your a$$.
 
Old 08-02-2009, 12:38 AM
 
Location: James Island, SC
1,628 posts, read 3,204,934 times
Reputation: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Missing the point. Any dog can attack with different outcomes. The most sever maulings and killing are associated with pit bulls.

The greatest threat to your family could be that pit bull upon which you are depending for security.

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Attacks Owner in Ohio, Pursues Through Broken Glass Door - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bulls Consistently Attack Their Owners - DogsBite.org

If you believe everything you read on "Dogs bite blog," I have a Fox News article I can sell you that proves Obama isn't a citizen
 
Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 AM
 
Location: James Island, SC
1,628 posts, read 3,204,934 times
Reputation: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since we cannot prevent retards from buying pitbulls, the best solution for all involved is to ban the breed. I have yet to hear one good reason for wanting one of these dogs in the first place. The reason someone wants a greyhound is because they want a dog that can run fast. The reason someone wants a German Shorthair is because the want a great hunting dog. And the reason someone wants a pitbull is because they want a dog that has been bred for killing.
This assumption is absolutely insane.

I went to the shelter with the intention of adopting maybe a 30lb dog at the most.

But when I met this 5-month old pit - already 33lbs - I fell in love. She was the sweetest, most affectionate dog there. She is now just over a year, and 50lbs. I love her more every day.

I recently broke my foot, and have no shortage of friends volunteering to walk her, because she is such a joy. They report back how amazed they are that she ignores other barking dogs.


And I did NOT get her for protection - it is MY job to protect HER. And you can bet your ass I will.
 
Old 08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
 
7,422 posts, read 13,986,686 times
Reputation: 4950
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I ADOPTED MY PIT BULL FROM A SHELTER AFTER SHE HAD BEEN ABUSED.

What don't you get about that??? I have zero psychological 'need' for a pit bull, but my dog happens to be one. I also happen to have a kelpie mix, 4 pugs and a black lab. Do I have a psychological need to have a pug, too?
i have a psychological need for a pug. they're so snorty!

momonkey - i considered some pits when i was adopting, i didn't end up getting one though. what kind of mental defect do i have? i can't have a psychological need for a pit cause i passed up probably 35-40 to take my decidedly un-tough-looking dog. but there must be *something* wrong with me, right?

oh also, i want a greyhound because they're cuddly, soft, mellow, lazy, beautiful, my dog loves them for some reason, and they lean against you, i really don't care if they run fast. i doubt anyone who has a greyhound as a pet cares about how fast it runs.

my dog may be in large part a german wirehaired pointer, and i've seen signs that she could be a great hunting dog. again, don't care, i don't hunt. i just like my dog.

likewise i want a pit bull because most of the ones i've met have been cute, wacky, affectionate, loyal, and sweet. it's not the breed's fault that idiots are overbreeding and abusing them. and i'm sure it's already been pointed out in this thread that the day there are no pit bulls, the idiots will move on to another breed.

eventually people will probably be pitting jack russells against each other in the dogfighting ring because there will be no large breeds left.

Last edited by groar; 08-02-2009 at 01:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top