Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you able to understand that dogs are not people and do not reason as people do. My neighbor's dogs howl at abulances because they are convinced other dogs are running by just out of sight at 50 mph. Dogs are not human and cannot be presumed to behave responsibly just because a person would. Duh!
See this just shows your lack of knowledge for dogs. Dogs howl at sirens because of there hearing ability. The high pitch of the siren makes them do that.

And how did you come to the conclusion that they think other dogs are chasing the ambulance?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Pit Bulls are just like any other dogs. However, these friggin lowlifes buy them and turn them into insecure and hostile dogs. The image of the pit bull is not the pit bull's fault, it is the stupid owner's fault. I feel bad for the dogs because they are innocent, while human beings are evil and intentional.
No dogs "are just like any other dogs". These dogs were bred for fighting other dogs in a pit and typically to the death. They are able do more damage that any other dog without going into shock themselves or breaking off the attack. The ones that lost fights were not bred and often killed. The ones that killed the other dog were highly prized for breeding like a thoroughbred race horse that wins the Kentucky Derby. Having said that, I don't blame the dogs for being what they are. Humans who wanted a vicious killing machine selectively bred them into their present form. They are not responsible for their actions anymore than an insane person would be. They do not possess the ability to understand that their actions are wrong. But they cannot be confined 100% of the time because they jump fences and break chains. Often the morons who own them fail to keep them on a leash and they also attack their owners and other people in the owners home. This is not unique to this breed, but after the damage is done we cannot undo it. Since we cannot prevent retards from buying pitbulls, the best solution for all involved is to ban the breed. I have yet to hear one good reason for wanting one of these dogs in the first place. The reason someone wants a greyhound is because they want a dog that can run fast. The reason someone wants a German Shorthair is because the want a great hunting dog. And the reason someone wants a pitbull is because they want a dog that has been bred for killing. That doesn't mean that they are incapable of not killing, but the predisposition is built in. If I take Germain Shorthair into the woods, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that dog will begin working the underbrush on both sides of my path looking for small animals that might be hiding without training. Oh, and when we're done its coat will be relatively free of burrs because it has been bred for the purpose of moving through underbrush while looking for small game without collecting burrs in its coat. If I take a greyhound to an open field and release it, that dog will run as fast as it can. I won't be able to stop it from running because that is what they do. For this reason pitbulls often attack their owners and anyone who happens to be around when they go off. They have been bred for the expressed purpose of killing.

Dogs Bite Blog: Father Tried for Manslaughter After Pit Bull Kills Son - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Attacks Mother and Daughter in Rampage - DogsBite.org

Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
OK. Clearly you have an agenda, with that being said, umm...halfwit owners? Really? Inclosures? Learn how to spell or use spell check you idiot. Again you prove your laziness by citing half truths and propaganda, and prove it by not even checking biting stats from the HSUS.

Now, here's a story about a chow that killed an infant, if your feeble brain can read, that is.

Family dog attacks, kills 2-week-old baby girl | LOCAL NEWS | Arizona | azfamily.com (http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/mesa-local-news-030509-dog-kills-baby.5ca87c1.html - broken link)

Rots Kill 11 Year Old Boy

And oh, ignorant people have no place in a civilized society, I think anyone who has an IQ of below 90, which you clearly do, should be banned. Take your ignorant BSL agenda elsewhere, or better yet go live in Germany where they killed all the pit bulls, their NAZI ideology should suit you nicely, you'd fit right in I'm sure!

inclosure - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Inclosure - definition of Inclosure by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Not a big fan of rots either. Chows are known biters but those attacks rarely result in death or serious bodily harm since they lack the fangs and muscularity of pit bulls. Nope, the ones that pose the real threat to society are pit bulls.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
It's all in the way that you raise them. I hear the same thing about German Shepherds and mine wouldn't hurt you, unless you threaten me and then all hell would break loose.

They are putting these dogs on a list and it's going to be just another block into protecting our selves and our homes. You just wait, they are going to banned all protective dogs.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It's all in the way that you raise them. I hear the same thing about German Shepherds and mine wouldn't hurt you, unless you threaten me and then all hell would break loose.

They are putting these dogs on a list and it's going to be just another block into protecting our selves and our homes. You just wait, they are going to banned all protective dogs.

Missing the point. Any dog can attack with different outcomes. The most sever maulings and killing are associated with pit bulls.

The greatest threat to your family could be that pit bull upon which you are depending for security.

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Attacks Owner in Ohio, Pursues Through Broken Glass Door - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bulls Consistently Attack Their Owners - DogsBite.org

Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,711 times
Quote:
No dogs "are just like any other dogs". These dogs were bred for fighting other dogs in a pit and typically to the death. They are able do more damage that any other dog without going into shock themselves or breaking off the attack. The ones that lost fights were not bred and often killed. The ones that killed the other dog were highly prized for breeding like a thoroughbred race horse that wins the Kentucky Derby. Having said that, I don't blame the dogs for being what they are. Humans who wanted a vicious killing machine selectively bred them into their present form. They are not responsible for their actions anymore than an insane person would be. They do not possess the ability to understand that their actions are wrong. But they cannot be confined 100% of the time because they jump fences and break chains. Often the morons who own them fail to keep them on a leash and they also attack their owners and other people in the owners home. This is not unique to this breed, but after the damage is done we cannot undo it. Since we cannot prevent retards from buying pitbulls, the best solution for all involved is to ban the breed. I have yet to hear one good reason for wanting one of these dogs in the first place. The reason someone wants a greyhound is because they want a dog that can run fast. The reason someone wants a German Shorthair is because the want a great hunting dog. And the reason someone wants a pitbull is because they want a dog that has been bred for killing. That doesn't mean that they are incapable of not killing, but the predisposition is built in. If I take Germain Shorthair into the woods, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that dog will begin working the underbrush on both sides of my path looking for small animals that might be hiding without training. Oh, and when we're done its coat will be relatively free of burrs because it has been bred for the purpose of moving through underbrush while looking for small game without collecting burrs in its coat. If I take a greyhound to an open field and release it, that dog will run as fast as it can. I won't be able to stop it from running because that is what they do. For this reason pitbulls often attack their owners and anyone who happens to be around when they go off. They have been bred for the expressed purpose of killing.

Dogs Bite Blog: Father Tried for Manslaughter After Pit Bull Kills Son - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Attacks Mother and Daughter in Rampage - DogsBite.org
before i put mo on ignore, i just want to point out the fact (again) that despite repeated attempts at an actual debate, and despite too-numerous-to-count challenges for him to back up anything he is saying with any facts, he ignores it all and continues saying the same unsupported stuff. over and over and over.

and for kicks and giggles, you have to love the plethora of insults and accusatory generalizations that he throws into almost every post about people that he has never met.

i think i have pretty well made my case, and if people ever have questions or comments, even if they are opposed to my argument, i'm willing to answer. of course, as i mentioned earlier, all of this information is open to anyone that wants to do any actual research into dog behavior.

some of you out there reading this are probably still stuck in the same boat that momonkey is–glued to cnn and fox news for all of your information about life, science, and reality. i'd urge you to look outside of the media, as it is more interested in page views and dollar counts than accurate info. read a few books on the subject; look up some of the scholarly papers written by experts about the subject. you'll learn a lot, and you'll be surprised about how common sense all of this really is.

aaron out.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Missing the point. Any dog can attack with different outcomes. The most sever maulings and killing are associated with pit bulls.

The greatest threat to your family could be that pit bull upon which you are depending for security.

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Attacks Owner in Ohio, Pursues Through Broken Glass Door - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bulls Consistently Attack Their Owners - DogsBite.org
OK why don't you adrees the point that has been proven on this thread that 75% of these attack thats your posting weren't even commitied by pitbulls. Why do you ignore everything but your biases source that has been debunked several times? You seem to have a personal vendetta and don't care about the facts, because you're to filled with hate. I can no longer take you serious since you dissapear everytime you're proven wrong and don't defend your posts, but reapear much later and repost the already debunked crap. It's too bad that there are so many weak minded people that act as you do. Not strong enough to either stand up for your links with refuting evidence to what has been provided to you or admit that you were wrong and have no clue. Instead you act like it doesn't matter what anything that doesn't support your witch hunt says and disappear. Why does anyone bother to read your posts or click your links. The rest of us will think with our brains, while you are incapable of carrying on or responding to the fact that everything that you have reposted has already been refuted and showing that as a poster you're not to be taken seriously.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:00 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
before i put mo on ignore, i just want to point out the fact (again) that despite repeated attempts at an actual debate, and despite too-numerous-to-count challenges for him to back up anything he is saying with any facts, he ignores it all and continues saying the same unsupported stuff. over and over and over.

and for kicks and giggles, you have to love the plethora of insults and accusatory generalizations that he throws into almost every post about people that he has never met.

i think i have pretty well made my case, and if people ever have questions or comments, even if they are opposed to my argument, i'm willing to answer. of course, as i mentioned earlier, all of this information is open to anyone that wants to do any actual research into dog behavior.

some of you out there reading this are probably still stuck in the same boat that momonkey is–glued to cnn and fox news for all of your information about life, science, and reality. i'd urge you to look outside of the media, as it is more interested in page views and dollar counts than accurate info. read a few books on the subject; look up some of the scholarly papers written by experts about the subject. you'll learn a lot, and you'll be surprised about how common sense all of this really is.

aaron out.
Don't disappear you have shown how full of nonsnense momonkey is and have exposed him. You continuing to do so is the best thing you can do and the rest of us thank you for providing such good posts that you've sent these people like momonkey into hiding as they have no counter argument. they only reapear days later trying to pass the same phony nonsense that they couldn't defend before.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:01 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Those Afghan hounds are the most retarded critters on the planet.

Ban them.

Everyone in the U.S.A. should be required to own a beagle.

Crazy?

Maybe.

Most folks don't even know what a pitbull is.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:02 AM

[quote=stycotl;10045280]actually, most pit bulls never see a fighting pit or a dog-fight trainer. most of them today live either on the streets (sad, but you can thank your local gaggle of idiot pet "owners" for that), or in a home somewhere just like your lab or yorkie.

don't make claims that you can't back up, and don't use hyperbole to try to make a point, especially when it has to do with human death and animal suffering.

you continue over and over to show just how scarce your knowledge about canines is. with nothing more than a 5-minute wikipedia visit you could have learned that you are wrong about so many of the things that you constantly claim here.

Dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is a huge difference in how effective some dogs are compared to others at tracking, either by scent or sight.

your gasp of sarcasm seems to be improving. maybe you are learning something here after all.

yep. nothing if not consistent, especially in your poor choice for academic sources.

probably they do. dogs have better hearing by far than do humans, and they can tell the sound of a dog barking from that of an emergency siren.

that doesn't mean that a siren doesn't have the same emotional or instinctive response in them though.

now you are getting it, although i know that you are still operating under the delusion that your dogs are perfect and pits are awful. but at least you are slipping up and admitting that it is a human problem.

however, your claim that they are "stupid" is nonsensical. stupid can mean many things, but it generally doesn't apply across species. you can't really compare human intelligence to dog intelligence and come out with the idea that dogs are stupid.

that is, you can't if you are going to undertake the study with any sort of logic or science, but i suppose that this would be expecting too much from you.

Stupid Definition | Definition of Stupid at Dictionary.com

doesn't have anything to do with stupid. in fact, this actually illustrates the ignorant human mindset that is directly attributable to canine aggression against humans.

you assume that the dog doesn't understand something because it is dumb, when in actuality, the dog doesn't understand it because it is a human custom or cultural aspect. dogs cannot understand that, and to expect that if they were "smarter" they would understand it is like saying that momonkey is stupid for not being able to scent track like a bloodhound. it is not in your physical capability.

if you want to take a look at something that is stupid, why not look at the way a certain c-d poster continually makes the same errors in both argumentative strategy and information analysis, even after being repeatedly shown by multitudes of others the blatant mistakes evident in the claims.

first of all, i find it amusing that all of your mindreading is occurring after trying over and over to get us to agree with you that humans can't read canine minds.

second, if you can read canine minds, and you know that it makes sense to a pit bull to cross the street and kill a kid, then tell us what it is that makes sense to the retriever, schitzu, or chow that also crosses a street and kills a kid.

nice try. you did mention owners in the first post, but the entirety of your point so far has been:

your thread, and the concentration of your effort, speaks of pit bulls, not pit bull owners. in fact, we have been arguing to you the fact that it is the pit bull owners since page one (and actually before this thread even started, but who's counting?), and you have been plugging your ears the entire time.

that is what makes sense to many dogs put in an alarming situation when no authority is actively guiding them. pit bulls are not unique in this aspect. it is called instinct, which i still doubt that you have bothered to do any research on.

you are trying to rewrite history as you make your claims here. unfortunately for you, some of us have actually done some homework here.

it is true and unfortunate that "pit bulls" have been bred to fight, but that was not their original purpose, and that has not been their purpose for a long time. nor are they the only dog breed that was bred specifically to fight.

so explain then why most pit bulls grow old and die without ever killing another dog, even the ones that live with them. if you don't just ignore my challenges altogether as you have been, be sure to back it up with nonsense, blog opinions, media articles, and hyperbole; we wouldn't want you to use anything like facts, science, or reason here...

Quote:
Adults who choose to own these dogs have selected this one particular breed because it was developed to be a fighting dog.[.quote]

really? you have had dozens of pit owners or family members of pit owners giving first hand (or second hand in the case of family members) testimony as to why they adopted their pits, and you are calling us all liars?

momonkey, tell me why i got my pit bull. why did i adopt her?

so you recognize that snakes are predators. have you bothered to read up and realize that dogs aren't vegetarians yet? you excuse all other dogs for attacking and killing humans, but have this morbid fascination with pit bulls that attack and kill humans.

they all share nearly identical instincts, and almost all dogs will kill if they feel threatened enough. obviously, the "enough" needs qualification, because it is different for every dog in every situation, but that is one of the specific reasons why it comes down to human interaction almost all of the time.

why? because they are all capable of killing other creatures in defense or out of hunger or territoriality, but most of them never do. it is almost always (barring rarities like rage syndrome, etc) because of an environmental factor.

there is no justification for senseless death in any instance. why your fascination with pit bulls? they do not cause huge numbers of deaths, despite what you believe or the media portrays.

not only that, but it has been proved to you and testified to you over and over that most of them are living peaceful lives right now, and will live such lives until they die of old age.

not only that, but most dog attacks–pit bull or not–are provoked by the interaction with humans that are too lazy or greedy to actually educate themselves on dog behavior and dog needs.

do you ever stop and think about how apparently party-fanatic, media-blind you are? do you ever realize how emotional and irrational you sound when you post this kind of stuff?

very often it is an innocent that gets hurt in a dog attack (again, all dogs, since you keep focusing on pits and ignoring the rest), but that does not mean that the dog just went nuts. it generally means that you have to look deeper–it's not something that you or the rest of animal-stupid america likes to do, i realize. you all want your facts served at the window with fries and a drink, so that you can add it to your ridiculous amount of debt and go on your merry but ignorant way.

unfortunately, facts don't come in happy meals for your adhd pleasure. they come with research and analysis. if the victim did nothing unreasonable to provoke an attack, then the owner does not have control of his/her dog. the dog doesn't see the owner as a legit alpha, or may actually see the owner as a threat (especially so when the violence is directed against the owner or a family member).

in the *rare* case where it is not entirely the owner's fault (including family members), and occasionally the victim's fault, there is a good bet that previous owners or something similar were an issue.

very rarely, does a dog attack for "no reason," pit bull or otherwise. a valid occasion in which a dog attacks without reason or warning would be rage syndrome, but that is exceptionally rare, and pit bulls are not even the breed most prone to it.

there is almost always a direct reason, and your earlier claims about "well, the owners walked the dog, so it was obviously taken care of," shows only how little you understand what you are talking about.

bull. you are so blinded by pit bull fanaticism that you can't even look at other dogs with any vision of reality anymore. you, momonkey, are precisely the reason why people get hurt, because you get to the point where you see red when you hear about pit bulls, and assume that all other dogs are harmless.

have you any idea what german shepherds have been bred for throughout history? trained for? used for? still bred, trained, and used for? what about mastiffs? many shepherds and other dogs are *still* trained specifically to be human aggressive.

guess what? even they hardly ever attack "without reason," or maul little kids or postal carriers.

your fantasy situation relies on the idea that since pit bulls were bred to attack dogs, then they are violent with humans, while other dogs that have been specifically bred to be aggressive toward humans, what... frolic with butterflies and faeries in the woods?

further, you could definitely be killed by a shepherd. don't get too cocky about how tough you are; shepherds are still wolves, and they are a breed that actually retains the size and strength of many wolf breeds. this is not the case with actual pit bulls, whose average size is somewhere around 35-55 lbs. if you think that a 55-lb dog is as strong as a 100-lb shepherd... well, never mind; i was gonna say that you need to go read a book or something, but i forgot who i am writing to.

you are so full of crap. this has been clarified so many times, but you still refuse to accept it as truth. all dogs do this. any dogs, even tiny dogs, know how to bite and hold on.

keep telling yourself that. you have no clue how interested most of us are in the victims. you assume that interest and empathy for the victims means agreeing with you.

i find that to be false empathy. when you push an agenda that has no hope of actually helping people, then i tend to think that your interest is far from genuine. when you proclaim loudly that you have an answer, and multitudes of people disagree and tell you that your answer is not only ineffective, but prejudiced and ignorant, and you are too arrogant to even do any research to find out if they are correct or not, it tells me that you are not actually interested in helping the victims and that you are instead on some personal quest for selfish reasons.

save your moral superiority for someone else because your own shallow understanding of human nature and animal nature is obscenely obvious in your ridiculous, self-serving posts.

ah, now you want to know what we can do about people? it's about time. people need to be educated. backyard breeding needs to be controlled, preferably by the individual states. heavier penalties need to be applied for offenses. but again, mostly it comes down to education.
Pit Bull Kills Child in Huntington - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866 - broken link)

http://www.kmbc.com/news/9657714/detail.html (broken link)

Last edited by momonkey; 08-01-2009 at 01:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies