Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

Many more points for Saganista. Thanks for taking the time to debunk the master of the deluded.

Bush sounded and acted like a high school bully with rich parents that could get the principal fired if he disciplined the bully. Fortunately most of the world ignored his rantings. Unfortunately Iraq and Afghanistan could not.

Aside - I know this from personal experience. In high school a really big football player blind sided me with a pretty viscious back fist. I went down and he moved in to kick me sensless. I looked as helpless as possible. When he got close enough I bent his knee backward with a well placed kick. He never played football again. Two can play the bully game.)

Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It was never meant by the founders to become the indebted, bloated, intrusive, draconian federal government that obama is turning it into.
For one thing, the founders are all dead. But before they died, they made it clear that the government they had created, while built on durable principles, was a transient device constructed for their own times and their own generations, and that it would be for future generations to accept the challenge of remolding and reshaping that government to serve their own interests and purposes. The last thing the founders wanted was to shackle their progeny in chains of their forefathers' making. This apparently is yet another thing about their country that is not at all well undertstood by some Americans.

Furthermore, given the record of Reagan and those two Bushes, two-faced concerns over an indebted, bloated, intrusive, and draconian federal government that have magically appeared since January 20 of this year as if sprung from Zeus' forehead are particularly sleazy and unimpressive. Add to that the fact that such contributions as Obama may have so far made in those areas have arisen from the necessity of addressing emergencies bequeathed to him by bungling predecessors, and we certainly have the makings of one of your favorite words -- hypocrisy. The mess-makers have limited room to criticize the techniques of the clean-up people, and as always, no room at all for hollow and haughty complaints that are without any legitimate basis to begin with.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Ok folks, here is yet another example of how NOT to start a thread.

Lets review the sticky at the top of the page and now lets look at this title:

Why does Pres. Pantywaist hate America so much? A question from

What kind of reasonable discussion does one expect when you start a forum thread with "President Panty Waste"? Now this comment will pass as a post inside a thread but if you begin the discussion with this, it will only go downhill from here, as have many of the comments thus far. This is the kind of language we use at a bar, pub, among friends, or on a playground but it will not be used here.

I'll repeat to make it clear, do NOT start threads in this manner with this kind of language and wording, while it may fly inside the thread, do not start the thread this way. Do we understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies