Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 AM

236 posts, read 386,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastersteve View Post
Paul Negresco, my years of studying international geopolitical affairs has meant I tend to look at all sides of the issues before I offer my observations.
My respect, dear mcmastersteve! I have a Master's in Political Sciences.

Quote:
It is obvious that you are from Azerbaijan because of your take on my opinion.
Paul Negresco Join Date: Mar 2009
83 posts, read 10,227 times

Quote:
Your view is shared by the majority of Azerbaijanis. I'm not an Armenia sympathizer nor hater. I have been involved in libertarian geopolitical affairs for a while now and supported any moves in that direction by all countries globally.
Good for you! I just had to stop you in your misleading our readers and suggest them my opinion as well! Azerbaijan is THE ONLY country in the World with compactly living jewish population in the north of Azerbaijan, where pogroms against them NEVER happened (as it happened in most of East European countries)! Guba in the north of Azerbaijan is the biggest settlement out of Israel with a major Jewish population. Ask them would they like to leave Azerbaijan! They'll answer "NO" as many times did to Israeli official delegations! We are a HUMANIST nation!!! And the fact that there are to many anti-Turkish and anti-Azerbaijani articles only proves that Armenian lobby is very powerfull and rich! There live more than 350 000 Armenians in California alone! Armenians who still live in Turkey don't even want to speak about fake "genocide" but those whos ancestors have never lived in Turkey or Ottoman Empire, cry out their throat in order to slander Turkey!

Quote:
I have some questions for you.
What do you think of The Turkish prime minister Gul's recent comments about the peace accord between Turkey and Armenia, an accord supported by Israel and the U.S.?
Do you see the potential for this accord to isolate Azerbaijan from settling the Nagorno-Karabakh issue?
Are your people aware that Turkey has been playing the field between Azerbaijan and Armenia, and has been telling a different story to the people of Azerbaijan than it has to the president of Georgia president?
I say this because I think Azerbaijan may be in the midst of being sold out by Turkey for bigger geopolitical interests. Have you heard anything to corroborate this or seen signs that this may be true?
1. Governments come and go, but friendship between our nation will never end! It's a new trick! Turkey has issues and wants to experience all ways out! I'm pretty sure that everything agreed between our countries on a certain level, which is not paraded for some reasons! "Sold out" sounds ridiculous my friend! This shows your weak knowledge of the whole story. We are brother nations! You know what, for example I never talk about things I don't know well! Per instance I never talk about microbiology or IT. Or about conflict in Sudan and Rwanda. Dilettantish statements are not for me! I suggest the same to you!

Please, don't say that all your knowledge of the case is based on news reports!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM

773 posts, read 1,214,893 times
Paul Negresco , it appears that my interest in having an intelligent discussion with someone who I originally thought may have a unique perspective from experience on events in the Caucas has fallen on deaf ears.
'Tis a shame that since I was genuinely interested in your thoughts about current events.
The fact was that I could tell you were intelligent, which was why I was hoping that you would be interested in putting the masters degree in political science to good use and engage in examining current events and possible future outcomes.
See I don't like to toot my own horn, but before you degrade yourself and resort to insults, I'll let you know that I don't buy into intellectual superiority based on a person's education, but there is a reason why I work within Canada's libertarian circle as an advisor on international events and forecasting political trends. This is a conversation forum, not a dissertation speech and yes I like to keep it fairly basic, so that everyone can join in the discussion instead of appearing arrogant.
Oh well, them's the breaks! and those links were intended for others who may not have known what we were talking about, but interested in learning about and joining and sharing their thoughts .

Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 PM

236 posts, read 386,998 times
Quote:
Paul Negresco , it appears that my interest in having an intelligent discussion with someone who I originally thought may have a unique perspective from experience on events in the Caucas has fallen on deaf ears.
'Tis a shame that since I was genuinely interested in your thoughts about current events.
The fact was that I could tell you were intelligent, which was why I was hoping that you would be interested in putting the masters degree in political science to good use and engage in examining current events and possible future outcomes.
See I don't like to toot my own horn, but before you degrade yourself and resort to insults, I'll let you know that I don't buy into intellectual superiority based on a person's education, but there is a reason why I work within Canada's libertarian circle as an advisor on international events and forecasting political trends. This is a conversation forum, not a dissertation speech and yes I like to keep it fairly basic, so that everyone can join in the discussion instead of appearing arrogant.
Oh well, them's the breaks! and those links were intended for others who may not have known what we were talking about, but interested in learning about and joining and sharing their thoughts .

Ok, dear friend! If so, I'll share my opinion if you are still interested? But you should take into consideration the fact that I am not a native speaker.
The Caucasus always were a complicated place from geopolitical point of view. Crossroads of interests of many Empires. Azerbaijanis and Turks believe in brotherhood between our nations, but there are some issues not being solved since the state relations built. Turkey has always supported Azerbaijan in Daghlyg-Karabakh (or Nagorno-Karabakh) conflict and in all other efforts of Azeri government. But everyone in Azerbaijan and Turkey knows that the only way to get back 20% of our territories which was occupied by Armenia with major help of Russia in 1992-1993 is war. Cause Armenians just pretend to negotiate and the status quo almost absolutely satisfies them. Agressor is an agressor. Azerbaijanians believe that Russia holds the key to resolve the conflict, but local ethnic conflicts in post-Soviet republics let Russian Federation to push on independent states whernever it wants. That is why these territories should be taken over back the same way as they were occupied. Turkey also knows that.
But Turks see that Azerbaijan is not doing anything serios for almost 15 years after the first war ended. We have a pipeline for exporting our oil to markets laying just near the front line. We have many foreign companies doing business in Azerbaijan. So it means that we won't start the war to retake the territories. So in this way Turkey is seeking ways to settle the Armenian issue of fake "genocide". Present government of Turkey has a different internal and especially foreign policy than previos gov's had. Azerbaijanis does not like that policy when Turkey intends to reopen borders. On the other hand there are some aspects of our foreign policy which are not supported by Turkey. But anyway I think it's a temporary complicacy.
I am not against of Turkey opening borders with Armenia. This could pull Armenia out of Russian influence and give chance to Turkey to play carrot and stick game. Cause Armenia since the independence economically was in a big s..t! It is especially obvious now. As far as a habit to trade withy Turkey and to good life is generated, Armenians will be in a trap and may go to big compromises. And for that Turkey should open a lot of workplaces in Armenia and when start pushing giving financial guaranties of economical growth. And Azerbaijan in couple of years could export oil, gas and electric power also to Armenia. This will help us to resolve the conflicts, both Armenian-Turkish political and Armenian-Azerbaijani territorial.
Will you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies