Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,629,690 times

Advertisements

Recreational parks are where RV go to camp, some are being robbed because they can afford to own an RV. Police just clean up the mess after a crime has already been done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 PM

18,132 posts, read 15,542,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Seriously, dude, are you so in love with your gun that you think environmental protection should take second place to your desire to shoot in national parks?
Ok, this is a completely ignorant statement. Nobody is saying anything about turning national parks into shooting ranges.. This about being able to be armed in the park, not spraying the place with bullets. Whenever I hit the scrub, I am armed. Period. A remote area is not a good place to be if you are not armed. If you want to go into the desert, the woods or wherever unarmed, well, by all means go ahead. Don't judge me because I don't feel as you do, with all this nonsense about 'being in love with my gun'. I have faced down attack ,by vicious wild animals ,while in the middle of nowhere before. On camping trips, roundups, day trips, etc. If all I had was my natural weapons or a belt knife, the results would not have been pleasant. Pardon me if I feel better out in the wild places carrying a firearm. I don't go to campgrounds and wave my weapon around, loudly proclaiming that I have a gun, and spending all my time fondling it just waiting for a reason to use it. And I am sick and tired of being stereotyped this way by ranting, raving, lunatics that are terrified by the mere presence of a firearm. Go your own way in the wilds man. But on my road , I will go armed. With good reason and predication to do so. I certainly do not head out from camp carrying my AK or my M1A dressed in cammo. I arm myself appropriatly , usually with a .45 1911, concealed under my clothing. Low key. There are areas that I prefer to have my Marlin 94 or something with a bit more punch. Bear areas come to mind. Two legged predators are also a concern, remote areas are frequently inahbited by just as many of them as there are four legged, and the former are more dangerous and likely to attack out of shere malice and bad intent. I have far more regard for a mountain lion getting bent with me out in the scrub than I do some drunken cretin who fancies my wife and gear and enlists his buddies to raid my camp for the purpose of fufilling their desires. ' Being in love' with my weapon has NOTHING to do with my purpose of being armed on camp. Whether that be in a park or just out on the BLM. If you were camped next to me, it is quite likely you would not even realize that I am armed. It's not something I tend to advertise. Please give the 'gun nut' stuff a rest. It's insulting , degrading and very far from the truth.

Last edited by NVplumber; 04-26-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 02:30 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,296,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I'm not a gun lover(don't have any actually) but I am a strong supporter of the Constitution. I will always support someone's right to bear arms.
You just don't support the whole Constitution? Such as the part which reads.."as part of a well regulated state militia"?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,897,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ok, this is a completely ignorant statement. Nobody is saying anything about turning national parks into shooting ranges.. This about being able to be armed in the park, not spraying the place with bullets. Whenever I hit the scrub, I am armed. Period. A remote area is not a good place to be if you are not armed. If you want to go into the desert, the woods or wherever unarmed, well, by all means go ahead. Don't judge me because I don't feel as you do, with all this nonsense about 'being in love with my gun'. I have faced down attack ,by vicious wild animals ,while in the middle of nowhere before. On camping trips, roundups, day trips, etc. If all I had was my natural weapons or a belt knife, the results would not have been pleasant. Pardon me if I feel better out in the wild places carrying a firearm. I don't go to campgrounds and wave my weapon around, loudly proclaiming that I have a gun, and spending all my time fondling it just waiting for a reason to use it. And I am sick and tired of being stereotyped this way by ranting, raving, lunatics that are terrified by the mere presence of a firearm. Go your own way in the wilds man. But on my road , I will go armed. With good reason and predication to do so. I certainly do not head out from camp carrying my AK or my M1A dressed in cammo. I arm myself appropriatly , usually with a .45 1911, concealed under my clothing. Low key. There are areas that I prefer to have my Marlin 94 or something with a bit more punch. Bear areas come to mind. Two legged predators are also a concern, remote areas are frequently inahbited by just as many of them as there are four legged, and the former are more dangerous and likely to attack out of shere malice and bad intent. I have far more regard for a mountain lion getting bent with me out in the scrub than I do some drunken cretin who fancies my wife and gear and enlists his buddies to raid my camp for the purpose of fufilling their desires. ' Being in love' with my weapon has NOTHING to do with my purpose of being armed on camp. Whether that be in a park or just out on the BLM. If you were camped next to me, it is quite likely you would not even realize that I am armed. It's not something I tend to advertise. Please give the 'gun nut' stuff a rest. It's insulting , degrading and very far from the truth.
Not to mention, have you ever tried to find a ranger when you need one? I have and it took well over an hour...

Old 04-26-2009, 03:56 PM

36,859 posts, read 18,863,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not to mention, have you ever tried to find a ranger when you need one? I have and it took well over an hour...
That's what happened when Bush cut the budget for NPS.

Blame your Bud.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,897,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's what happened when Bush cut the budget for NPS.

Blame your Bud.
Not my "bud" he was a putz...... Kinda like who we have now, heck not even kind of, just the same...

Old 04-26-2009, 04:32 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,364,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
This is posted at the Bottom of the Treaty Anlysis

2. Amend Constitution by Statute, Using EPA Laws
"The National Parks Service has announced it will not challenge a court order that temporarily stops the late-term Bush administration policy of allowing CCW-permit holders to carry in National Parks."
That's the news media's backwards way of saying the bureaucrats running the National Parks are delighted they don't have to allow CCW-permit holders to exercise their civil rights in the parks, at least for now.

Gun Law Update - CIFTA Treaty

The idea that parks must first undergo environmental-impact approval before partially honoring the right to keep and bear arms is a complete subterfuge and extremely dangerous on several grounds.

There are thousands of places where any random person cannot legally enter with a concealed gun. These laws came into existence in the wake of bitter experiences. I have no problem with it being illegal where I work, in schools and hospitals on airplanes or in airports, and I have no problem with it being illegal in the National Parks. The "right" to be go nowhere without the ability to kill other people instantly is not at all what the Second Amendment says or what the founding fathers desired.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,566,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
You just don't support the whole Constitution? Such as the part which reads.."as part of a well regulated state militia"?
That is not part of the Constitution. Where did you come up with it? You show your ignorance when you falsely claim someone does not support the Constitution and can't even quote it properly.

The Second Amendment says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

No where does it say the people must be part of the Militia. It says the people have the right to keep and bear arms. I believe it was intended that "the people" be able to form a Militia to protect the State (Nation), and in order to do so effectively, they needed the ability to be armed. Nowhere does this imply that only those that are part of the Militia have the ability to be armed.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:43 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,941,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Seriously, dude, are you so in love with your gun that you think environmental protection should take second place to your desire to shoot in national parks?
Please state how carrying a concealed for DEFENSE purposes harms the environment? The dead body from the perp will make good compost, so that should balance out the environmental impact of a couple of cases of spent brass on the ground.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,914,737 times
Its the EPA for Christ sake people! It is one of the most corrupt, backwards, politically driven and motivated organizations in existence. They have been proven devious by courts of law multiple times in the past and yet people still think they have something valid to say as if they were a valid scientific organization. Hell, I know of two people in my education who went on to work for them and they were nothing more than lackeys who could barely pass the content they were studying. The EPA is short for Erroneous Private Agenda and it is an organization filled with people too stupid to make it in real fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies