Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,191,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Earlier this month, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh brought attention to the fact that the hijackers of the Maersk Alabama ship were "black Muslim teenagers (http://mediamatters.org/limbaughwire/2009/04/14#0023 - broken link)."
Think Progress » Second-in-command of hijacked ship blasts Rush Limbaugh’s ‘disgusting’ comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,692,871 times
Way to go, Shane Murphy! I wonder if Rush will bully him into retracting his statements, like he's done so many times of late? I hope Murphy stands his ground, because he's absolutely right.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM

716 posts, read 1,116,203 times
He will probably tell Rush to s--- it. I'm sure he has run into more difficult situations than this before.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,191,117 times
Look up the definition of MISERY in the dictionary and you might find a picture of Rush Limpball! He's the poster child for misery. His misery is glaring and those who follow Lamebaugh are just as miserable. Seems like all of life's losers migrate to him because misery loves company! Ha!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,252,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Look up the definition of MISERY in the dictionary and you might find a picture of Rush Limpball! He's the poster child for misery. His misery is glaring and those who follow Lamebaugh are just as miserable. Seems like all of life's losers migrate to him because misery loves company! Ha!
Well, you might be miserable too if you're ex-girlfriend was sexing James Carval.

Media Matters - There's something about Mary: Bucking up Rush, Matalin gushed "you're my hero"

Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,424,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
He will probably tell Rush to s--- it. I'm sure he has run into more difficult situations than this before.
Yeah, I would think that being hijacked is a little higher on the adrenaline scale than being ridiculed by a corpulent drug addict.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yeah, I would think that being hijacked is a little higher on the adrenaline scale than being ridiculed by a corpulent drug addict.

Yeah, but lets not be too hard on Rush. There's more to that man than meets the eye. For example, I learned just this morning that he was literally born with two a**holes! At first I was slightly surprised, but on reflection doesn't it go a long way toward explaining both him and his followers?

Quote:
Waterboarding questions for Sean Hannity

why is it that you never volunteered for military service?" His responses will be:
"I had other priorities" (sorry Sean, that's Cheney's);
"I had 2 a-holes" (aka, pilonidal sinus, won't work, that's Limbaugh's);
"bum knee" (nope, that's O'Reilly's, Buchanan's, Chambliss's);
"too young" (taken, Bill Kristol's);
"acne" (Judd Gregg);
"minorities took all the positions" (good try, but that's Tom DeLay's)
"I was hoping to be called for 6 years, but they never did" (Mitt Romney's, and doesn't explain why you didn't volunteer, does it?)

Hannity's Waterboarding: Submit Your Question and the Answer He Must Give to Stop (http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20090425/cm_huffpost/191340 - broken link)

Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,497,953 times
So what's worse? The uber-rich, extreme-right, sometimes way-off base, sometimes right-on political commentator? Or the jealous losers whining about him on an internet message board? (Using, BTW, very childish, unimaginitive names)

Hint: This isnt a trick question.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So what's worse? The uber-rich, extreme-right, sometimes way-off base, sometimes right-on political commentator? Or the jealous losers whining about him on an internet message board? (Using, BTW, very childish, unimaginitive names)

Hint: This isnt a trick question.

The first one.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM

471 posts, read 585,143 times
Ha. No one hear even listens to Rush enough to put anything into context. He is a smartass, he is sarcastic, pompous, the list goes on. But thats the point. He shows the ridiculousness of almost EVERY situation thru this. People always try to take him out of context. Hell some times his own listeners don't get it. They call in pissed then he has to explain, "I was joking to exaggerate a point". I may not listen to everything he says, but geez he does hit the point pretty often.

As far as this situation goes, considering that since our president is part black and HIS campaign played the race card thru the primaries and on into his presidency I can see where Rush got his idea of a black person(from anywhere) would/should get preferential treatment from Obama. Of course he didn't mean it, it was a quick jab. He isn't a crazed bigot. Also the fact that no American lives were lost and that everyone was totally fine after the pirate attack, it makes it easy to joke about. Had someone died it would have changed the situation and people would not be making light of it. Kinda like when someone wipes out on a four wheeler and if they are hurt everyone is there to help, but if he pops up every one laughs and makes light of it.

I also like how you guy/gals act like maybe this guy liked him prior to this. Hell for all we know he has never liked Rush and now that he said this it just really pissed him off. Who knows. Regardless, this is just another grasp at stings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies