Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:29 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I still dont see how you can use anything from this.

Lets just ask a bunch of people who have no experience whatsoever with waterboarding what they are feeling. Lets get their completely worthless opinion on this subject.
Who, Hannity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I still dont see how you can use anything from this.

Lets just ask a bunch of people who have no experience whatsoever with waterboarding what they are feeling. Lets get their completely worthless opinion on this subject.
What you say hear pplies to just about everything our government does. waterboarding has been considered torture and an illegal act historically. We need hearings to get all the info out.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:32 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The way you think, not different from the kind radicals use to propagate their cause and hatred of the world that doesn't agree with them. You would be only one in a long line of folks who don't realize how our brainless actions hurt us.

Oh, and I'm against torture for the very reason to have a say, to protect our brave, instead of finding self in a position to not speak up if they were dealt with the cards. It is one thing for chickenhawks to promote torture of enemies, another for their sheeple to understand that it gives the enemies a tool to do the same while finding indirect support even from our allies.

But, shallow thinking has been a part and parcel of those who crawl under the rocks. If they could see farther, we won't be having this discussion today.
It is a fundamental disagreement...now watch what I do here..

Waterboarding does not = torture.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
It is a fundamental disagreement...now watch what I do here..

Waterboarding does not = torture.
No doubt we differ fundamentally, not just in philosophical approach but also in vision, and the extent of.

Opinions are like ********, everybody has one. Then, there's the reality. And the question... those of you who now suggest waterboarding is not torture, whether y'all would have had the same stand if these steps were taken by someone like Obama during his/her administration. As a matter of fact, reading and comprehending this article just might provide you with an opinion that doesn't sound like a case of diahorrea.

But then, you're probably safe from being a victim, so why should you care, right?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Who, Hannity...

Sure....I'm not going to adopt someone's opinion on waterboarding RE: if its torture or not. Def not someone that has the same experience with it as I do (absolutely none). I dont care what Hannity says...I dont like him. The only one I kind of like is O Reilly.

Yeah, I'm sure it sucks. But its not like torture in the sense that it leaves permanent physical injury. So who knows really other than people that have been through it.

They should have just done a poll asking jews which is the better BBQ: Vinegar based or tomato based.

Or maybe ask muslims which steak is better: T-bone or New York Strip.
Why not ask a bunch of kids from 3rd world countries which is better: Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
What you say hear pplies to just about everything our government does. waterboarding has been considered torture and an illegal act historically. We need hearings to get all the info out.
I agree....I just dont think this thread really has any relevance to the whole thing. Was just stating my O.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No doubt we differ fundamentally, not just in philosophical approach but also in vision, and the extent of.

Opinions are like ********, everybody has one. Then, there's the reality. And the question... those of you who now suggest waterboarding is not torture, whether y'all would have had the same stand if these steps were taken by someone like Obama during his/her administration. As a matter of fact, reading and comprehending this article just might provide you with an opinion that doesn't sound like a case of diahorrea.

But then, you're probably safe from being a victim, so why should you care, right?
I do care. I don't advocate using these types of tactics..however you choose to define them...in every single case. But what I am saying is that we need to protect ourselves from people who will kill us without batting an eyelash. One thing they have managed to do quite effectively is to divide our Country. Instead of us coming together agaisnt our enemy..and if you don;t think for one minute that they are our sworn enemy, then you are fooling yourself. We are instead arguing over ideology. Sure, I think the majority of Americans hate war..hate violence..hate torture. But sometimes you have to grow a pair of b___ls and stand up for yourself..even if you are the most powerful nation in the world. We have allowed ourselves to be attacked, held hostage, and demonized for years. It is about time we said enough is enough. And yes...I don't agree with any of the arguments about Geneva Convention, I don't agree with John McCain..but I also don't agree with torture. It is a fine line to balance our values with our need to protect ourselves.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
This being the day and age of the internet, then obviously you'll be able to find the bill making waterboarding illegal. I'll be waiting....

Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Think Progress » Poll: 71 percent believe that waterboarding is torture.

The 29% who believe is not torture, nicely mirrors the percentage of the electorate who identify themselves as Republicans, according to the recent Pew Research poll.
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

They have to deny its torture in order to justify it. I would have a little more respect for them if they would admit yes its torture but its necessary.

Those that say it isn't torture, I think they should be lined up and the same done to them.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

They have to deny its torture in order to justify it. I would have a little more respect for them if they would admit yes its torture but its necessary.

Those that say it isn't torture, I think they should be lined up and the same done to them.
One mans torture..is another mans truth serum....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies