Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Seriously...do we need him to continue these ridiculous prime-time presidential addresses that pre-empt our TV shows? Can't he just hold a press conference at Noon and have the news play the highlights?

I was excited for "Better Off Ted" and the penultimate episode of "Scrubs", but instead Obama is taking the only TV shows I like on either Tuesday or Wednesday and replacing them with something I can read on Yahoo! News in about 2 minutes.

Sorry for the rant..but seriously, do we really need to have him take over Prime Time television?
People are always looking for "signs." You want a sign that our civilization is on the verge of collapse? When network television is more important than the President of the United States, this country is in deep trouble. (I didn't think it was possible to be so shallow, but C-D is a daily learning experience!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
They better not pre-empt LOST or I will be pissed!
I'm with ya! They better not cancel LOST!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
I would never know he was on tv except people posting about it. I don't own a TV because it plays nothing but garbage, Obama is just fitting himself into the mix.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 PM

749 posts, read 946,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I would never know he was on tv except people posting about it. I don't own a TV because it plays nothing but garbage, Obama is just fitting himself into the mix.

All the main stream media is covering it with the exception of FOX which is airing it's regularly scheduled program called "Lie To Me". Pretty ironic don't you think?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
People are always looking for "signs." You want a sign that our civilization is on the verge of collapse? When network television is more important than the President of the United States, this country is in deep trouble. (I didn't think it was possible to be so shallow, but C-D is a daily learning experience!)
So are you telling me that you were glued to the television every time Bush came on to make a speech or hold a press conference? Are you going to sit home tonight and watch every waking minute of what Obama has to say?

Talk about being melodramatic. Not everyone in this country is going to watch Obama.. How do you feel about those who do not get to see his message? Most of us have other priorities in life besides what the breed of Obama's dog is, or that the media is causing a panic over an epidemic that has only caused a few mild cases in the US. It would be different if it was a once in a lifetime experience that could not be recorded, but we are going to get a wave of new threads come tonight/tomorrow about it, so who gives a flying fruck?

This is the age of TiVo, Youtube, DVRs, evening news, morning news, 11pm news, and everything in between! Why is it so damn important that we be forced to watch him during prime time? Why? It isn't like we can't just watch it after the fact..

The nerve of some people...

Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,464 times
Quote:
Yes...it's pretty sad isn't it!!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Gather round children. Get closer. Put your hand on the televsion. Your healing is coming!! Get out those checkbooks. Send in that love donation.
The Prophet Obama loves all his little sheep.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 PM

749 posts, read 946,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Gather round children. Get closer. Put your hand on the televsion. Your healing is coming!! Get out those checkbooks. Send in that love donation.
The Prophet Obama loves all his little sheep.
Be healed little Johnny your Prophet will take care of you. You will work for me and I will pay for your school from birth. Little Sarah I am here to save you. Come closer to the TV, do not faint for I am here for you, the only reason you are here is that I was not on the scene soon enough to approve the abortion.
Soon brethren the Government will take care of all the little people and no one will have to work, the printing presses are smoking hot right now and we have ordered more to print out more worthless paper.

I could keep going but I crack myself up, I'm ROTFLMAO

Old 04-29-2009, 05:47 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
When network television is more important than the President of the United States, this country is in deep trouble.
LOL, ironically it would make a great episode of Scrubs. I can see it now... the POTUS tries to warn people that the World Health Organization raised the Pandemic Level to 5 (imminent danger) but since John Q. Public is busy watching sitcoms the message doesn't get out.

Hilarious hijinks ensue when the next week Sacred Heart is flooded with flu patients, as well as people scared of the flu. Meanwhile Dr. Dorian discovers Obama has not only found a way to interrupt tv programming, he's also able to infiltrate JD's inner musings.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I agree, I have waited all week for the new episode of Scrubs.. And now for the SECOND time I will miss it because of Obama. The whole damn series is winding down, and sure enough I am going to miss it because of this BS.

Unbelievable.
It should be online in a couple days at most, if it isn't already.

Go to:
Home - ABC.com

And click free episodes.
Scrubs is listed.

For a while, I was paying for old episodes of Lost through iTunes, before a buddy of mine informed me that abc has (or had at the time) them all online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies