Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times

Advertisements

Is Gitmo big enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
He has too much common sense. Everything he says makes sense - in a logical, no nonsense kind of way. I understand that people that are incapable of relating to common sense and would just rather form an uneducated opinion and then hang on to it like a rabid dog will vehemently disagree.

Save it - we've all heard all the ranting. I've never been the least bit political - it has always bored me - probably because the people involved were boring and full of know-it-all hot air. I'm very impressed with this guy - the first in a very long time (Kennedy).

Have nice day
Common sense tells us that the stimulus bill was full of pork barrel projects ie... earmarks, and yet 0bama flat out lied and said it contained zero earmarks. So much for your opening sentence.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM

749 posts, read 946,887 times
http://freemanpress.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/obama-christ.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post
LOL, I take it you didn't see the press conference?

I can't believe (a few) right-wing crazies on this site think Obama is anything less than eloquent and brilliant.

Poor you. Take another look at his high approvals and go cry yourself to sleep.
It is such a shame they are so blind.
Brilliant? Did Obama discover another universe or find the cure for cancer?

He is a smart guy ok.. Brilliant? If he was so brilliant he would not be a politician.

Good Lord Obama worshipers!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
It is such a shame they are so blind.
Brilliant? Did Obama discover another universe or find the cure for cancer?

He is a smart guy ok.. Brilliant? If he was so brilliant he would not be a politician.

Good Lord Obama worshipers!
Did you really sign up to CD so you could share those words of wisdom?

Perhaps you could explain why when someone offers a simple statement (positive), it draws flame throwers like flies on ----? As I read these posts a couple things come to mind:
1). some of you must be hell to live with
2). you need to get some hobbies or perhaps volunteer - maybe if you do something besides vent you'll feel a whole lot better; You'll be happier and everyone around you will be happier - you'll all live a lot longer too
3). OUR President is here to stay - hopefully for a very long time (duck - flames)

This country took out the biggest chunks of trash - it's going to take some time to clean up the rest.........

Have a nice day!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Perhaps you could explain why when someone offers a simple statement (positive), it draws flame throwers like flies on ----? As I read these posts a couple things come to mind:
2). you need to get some hobbies or perhaps volunteer - maybe if you do something besides vent you'll feel a whole lot better; You'll be happier and everyone around you will be happier - you'll all live a lot longer too
3). OUR President is here to stay - hopefully for a very long time (duck - flames)

This country took out the biggest chunks of trash - it's going to take some time to clean up the rest.........

Have a nice day!
WOW- that was brilliant just like Obama. Maybe you can read your own advice.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:

Have a nice day!
Franken is that you?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:48 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
The President's biggest problem is that Senator Franken has not yet been seated.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 PM

Default Amen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The President's biggest problem is that Senator Franken has not yet been seated.

I couldn't agree more - let the fun begin when he arrives!! I would like to be a mouse in the corner then. I wasn't sure I liked him - he admittedly says he can be mean - perhaps that's what it might take.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more - let the fun begin when he arrives!! I would like to be a mouse in the corner then. I wasn't sure I liked him - he admittedly says he can be mean - perhaps that's what it might take.
That is how you want your Government to be run? With full unequivocal power in a massive Bureaucracy?
It is appropriate a comedian is now a representative of the American Government. It is getting pretty hysterical in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies