Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Swine Flu hasn't gone away, in fact, it's raging in the UK and Wales. Seems this thing spreads like wildfire, and if it mutates towards lethality it's going to get ugly.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Another death here in SD but City officials are going out of there way to ensure it's not counted as a SD head count since it was a visitor.
We've seen how fast it spreads, if it mutates it's gonna be ugly.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Interesting enough, the son of a close friend of mine was diagnosed with Swine Flu. Poor little guy isn't even two years old yet. However, he has recovered

Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Seems this thing spreads like wildfire, and if it mutates towards lethality it's going to get ugly.
That's what scares me. In its current state, it doesn't seem to be that bad. If it becomes more severe, we'll be in big trouble.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Another death here in SD but City officials are going out of there way to ensure it's not counted as a SD head count since it was a visitor.
We've seen how fast it spreads, if it mutates it's gonna be ugly.
It's a visitor, so it doesn't count.

shaking my head...wwhy am I surprised? we can always depend on our officials to be true to form.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 AM

132 posts, read 223,985 times
The scary thing is that it will probably get worse when flu season comes around. They better hurry up and have a cure for this. Just last week i was out of work for a week because i was sick. Wennt to the doctor thank god it wasnt the flu!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Our son got sick like months ago and was pretty sick. Since we are from Europe and used to Soc. health care and every doctor sends you away if you haven't got a fever for 5 days...we didn't go to the doctor so soon. The fever went and came back and went and came back . he started coughing a lot and when he got hives as well we decided not to wait any longer. We went to an urgent care clinic on a Sunday and they checked him and gave us anti biotics, cough serup and a nose spray. After aproxx. 2 more weeks he felt almost healthy but he was still very tired. Before he was better I got it and felt horrible and I still cough but after 7 days my fever was gone...came back, went, came back and stayed away. Our daughter who left to another city got it a few days after she had left and immediately got anti biotics and she told us that another friend who had been at our home got it also. In the end we all 4 got it. Now we think it might have been the swine fly but we aren't sure. We all had the flu shot every year. We probable never know if it was swine flu or not, but this was one of the worst flu's we ever had. Only 2 days ago not far from us, maybe half an hour away 2 people died of swine flu and in the other direction in a neighboring county another person died of swine flu....it makes us think what will happen when the schools will start next month.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM

Here's today's cheery news from the world of swine flu:

- Swine Flu could strike up to 40% of US citizens in next two years; that 120M people. Deaths? Anyone's guess.

- Swine flu now in 160 countries.

- The WHO thinks up to 2B people could eventually be hit with Swine Flu. Swell.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Is this the 'bad' version of the virus hitting the UK?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Is this the 'bad' version of the virus hitting the UK?
Not sure, but it's highly contagious.

Meanwhile, there's been a run on the drugstores in the UK, for masks and other supplies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies