U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM

5,893 posts, read 2,275,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If you are unconscious, you may have no other choice.

It for situations like this that people are encouraged - strongly, to have someone that you select and have discussed this with, nominated to make such life and death situations - including the decision to keep, or take you off extraordinary means (life supports).

If you are married, then usually, the decision, unless you have instructed otherwise, falls to the spouse.

If you are not married, then usually, the decision falls to either the person you have designated in a living will or the closest next of kin.
I'm going to have to call BS on this one.

I've seen hundreds of emergency obstetrical cases in my line of work. In those rare cases where the mother and baby are equally critical, the medical staff will attempt to save the life of the MOTHER first...unless her condition is futile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 PM

8,745 posts, read 6,360,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

I've seen hundreds of emergency obstetrical cases in my line of work. In those rare cases where the mother and baby are equally critical, the medical staff will attempt to save the life of the MOTHER first...unless her condition is futile.
Exactly what I thought. They don't just stand around and say "Oh it is not my place to save the mother."

That is what doctors are there for. To save lives. Not stand around calling emergency contacts.

Of course, they will try to save the life of the mother first. She is the breathing person who is here. Not the fetus.

My mother works in a hospital. When someone is brought into the emergency room, they being to work. And I mean FAST. They don't just say "It is not my place."

Sorry Great Day. I think you had a misunderstanding here.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,140,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Well, I'm going to have to think you're right on this one. Whatever the situation was for that other poster, this is the likely outcome. I'm sorry greatday for your situation, but I'm going to go w/this one. It is what I have heard in many cases so I'm going to go w/the most likely one. Not saying that what happened to you wasn't real, but because you're refuting others on it, & based on what I've heard, I'll go w/this one.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 AM

11,422 posts, read 3,919,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Maybe the father also does not want the pregnancy to continue?

If you don't see anything more degrading to a woman than that, then you need to get out more.
I really do not see alot more degrading to a woman than having to put her foot is stir ups and kill her child.

what happesn whne the father wants the child?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 AM

27,238 posts, read 25,151,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I really do not see alot more degrading to a woman than having to put her foot is stir ups and kill her child.

what happesn whne the father wants the child?
Then he needs to grow his own uterus.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The day that men are able to give birth from their nether regions, they can start telling women what we can do with our bodies. I guess women are safe for awhile.
The unborn is not your body it is a separate unique life that you seem to enjoy the right to kill. i feel so sorry for people who are so exuberant in defending their right to kill by hiding behind the its my choice to kill line

Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Then he needs to grow his own uterus.
So you say the father is out of the loop.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:52 AM

21,002 posts, read 11,357,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you say the father is out of the loop.
Yup...sounds unfair? Yup. So?

Life's unfair. It's unfair that only women have to be pregnant...lots of things are unfair.

It isn't the man's body, it is the woman's ...no one should be able to make decisions about it but the woman herself.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Life's unfair. It's unfair that only women have to be pregnant...lots of things are unfair.

It isn't the man's body, it is the woman's ...no one should be able to make decisions about it but the woman herself.
So the father has no say in a child.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

So the woman has a right to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies